Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

Release of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 for X-Plane 11

Great job Andras! My favorite flying regions are Japan and USA-West so this is great for me. I'm new to X-Plane, are there any scenery objects I can get for Asia/Japan? Here's some shots from the Kyushu region in Japan. Flew out of Kagoshima, headed for Amakusa.

I'm getting between 40-55 fps with Objects on max over the area shown in my screens. My system specs are I7-8700K, 16 GB DDR-3000, GTX 1080TI. 

X-System%203_23_2018%2011_15_20%20PM_zps 

X-System%203_23_2018%2011_17_29%20PM_zps

X-System%203_23_2018%2011_15_12%20PM_zps

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Bob, I'm curious.  Try Campbell River, B.C. and tell me what you get just after everything loads in...and on any runway of your choice. The best I could do (with all the same sim setting with, UHD, or without) was 7-10 FPS at taxi...and then taking off, gained about 2 FPS here and there.   I'd be most interested in what your FPS will be. That can help me and others...

I will do but first I must download that part of UHD4...To be clear, I only used UHD4 to create the overlays for Ortho4XP so we shouldn't see a massive hit for FPS, should we? Sesquatchtoo, you are running Ortho4XP aren't you? Sorry, I'm a little confused. 

3 hours ago, Bob Tildesley said:

I will do but first I must download that part of UHD4...To be clear, I only used UHD4 to create the overlays for Ortho4XP so we shouldn't see a massive hit for FPS, should we? Sesquatchtoo, you are running Ortho4XP aren't you? Sorry, I'm a little confused. 

Yes, I have most of the North American continent captured at L17/19/2 except for South America. I have all of Europe converted where good Satellite Imagery was available. Same for Australia and full country of New Zealand.  I have to do more exploratory for my own system, but unfortunately my older system's MB only has capacity for 12 GB's of System Memory. So...it is what it is...and I just work with what is.  I am still interested in what you will see for FPS at Campbell River, B.C.  That was a tremendous stress to my system at that airport and surrounding Ortho.  7-10 FPS...which is frankly, unusable.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Hi @alpilotx

this is really impressive will start downloading now. Do you see South America coming as well? thanks again!

Manuel Merelles

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Bob, I'm curious.  Try Campbell River, B.C. and tell me what you get just after everything loads in...and on any runway of your choice. The best I could do (with all the same sim setting with, UHD, or without) was 7-10 FPS at taxi...and then taking off, gained about 2 FPS here and there.   I'd be most interested in what your FPS will be. That can help me and others...

Not normally a follower of FPS, you got me curious.  Fired up the STMA A1C Husky at Campbell River (UHD v4) and, sitting on the runway got 41 FPS - after takeoff 39 FPS.  This with an i5 3570k GTX1060 and 16 GB of RAM.

9 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Not normally a follower of FPS, you got me curious.  Fired up the STMA A1C Husky at Campbell River (UHD v4) and, sitting on the runway got 41 FPS - after takeoff 39 FPS.  This with an i5 3570k GTX1060 and 16 GB of RAM.

Wow...impressive.  Is your XP11 opened right up?

I have 32 gigs of ram. With UHD in the Vancouver area the FPS was terrible. So I deleted it.

Edited by michelh

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Wow...impressive.  Is your XP11 opened right up?

Not sure what you mean.

Tried Japan , it's very nice , of course I can't complain about the performance as my system don't cut it,  still the mountains are great 

Thanks Andras 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

20 hours ago, mmerelles said:

Hi @alpilotx

this is really impressive will start downloading now. Do you see South America coming as well? thanks again!

No, definitely no plans at the moment for any expansions of UHD Mesh Scener yv4.

4 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Not sure what you mean.

Oh..what I meant, is that I have all the graphics hitting the right side of the slide.  I like my visuals that way. I know of course that my 7-10 FPS performance will certainly be impacted by my graphic requirements/choices..but was interested to read what your settings are, for such great FPS performance as you state.  That always helps another reader...to source down possible quagmires. If I don't have UHD loading (and by Andra's test log..mine now are) I can get around 27-30 at that location. I reloaded in UHD, and went back down to 7-10 FPS.  So...my 12GB's of system RAM, is evidently being overwhelmed.  I have no intentions of updating my system at this time, so as they always say...it is....what it is...  Even without UHD, the mountains look fabulous around Vancouver and area...so still very happy in it all.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Understand.  On the left, I'm on plain HDR and a notch shy of max textures.  Antialias is at 4XSSAA+FFAA - Xplane seems to not pay attention to Nvidia settings.  On the right, I'm MAXed on world objects and zero on reflections.  If you've used Andras's stuff before you know the install drill otherwise read it carefully.  Been flying all my life so now I live or die by the screenshot.

Edited by olderndirt

7 hours ago, alpilotx said:

For all of those "happily" running it on a machine with 16 GB RAM, please check, if you REALLY have it loaded (or only imagine it - happened very often in the past)! Refer to this simple test:

I maxed out at 12 GB usage on this flight near Mt. Fuji. I think the screenshots speak for themselves but here's a shot from my log.txt. Also notice the FPS counter in the bottom left of the screens. Around 35 fps is the lowest I got while flying directly over the city of Fuji. This UHD scenery actually seems to run smoother than my orthophoto scenery where I get occasional stuttering.

log_txt_zpscy3qrpnx.png

X-System%203_28_2018%209_37_17%20PM_zps9

X-System%203_28_2018%209_47_09%20PM_zps4

X-System%203_28_2018%209_47_25%20PM_zpssX-System%203_28_2018%209_49_35%20PM_zpsj

12 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Oh..what I meant, is that I have all the graphics hitting the right side of the slide.  I like my visuals that way. I know of course that my 7-10 FPS performance will certainly be impacted by my graphic requirements/choices..but was interested to read what your settings are, for such great FPS performance as you state.  That always helps another reader...to source down possible quagmires. If I don't have UHD loading (and by Andra's test log..mine now are) I can get around 27-30 at that location. I reloaded in UHD, and went back down to 7-10 FPS.  So...my 12GB's of system RAM, is evidently being overwhelmed.  I have no intentions of updating my system at this time, so as they always say...it is....what it is...  Even without UHD, the mountains look fabulous around Vancouver and area...so still very happy in it all.

Only nvidia setting that should be changed is Threaded optimisation to off or it clashes with LAminar workings.