Sign in to follow this  
Wolkenschreck

WF Scenery Beijing - new Simmarket installer buggy?

Hi guys!

Is anybody here using WF Scenery Beijing?
Simmarket sent me a mail today that a update is available. It's a full new build and hence a new install is necessary. So after running through the install screen I get stuck at the window where I have to enter the authorization key. The installer is simply not accepting my key. At the first run I tried my authorization key I got during my first install back in January. With no success I restarted the installer and now used the register function in the browser window to generate a new authorization key. The new key Simmarket generated is exactly identical with the one I got with my first installation in January (serial +  the online generated string during registration). A few tries later (also tried my laptop)  three registrations are wasted and the installer still don't accept my key. To get Beijing back for the time being I used the old installer from January (saved it on my backup drive) and there I could enter my key and it was accepted without any problem.

I have 81 orders in my account and that's the first time I can't get my key to work. Don't want to wast my remaining activations in case the installer is buggy. My assumption is that they used a new serial by incident for building the installer and did't updated the customer accounts. On the other hand I have no clue who Simmarket's installer are working. 

So has anybody today tried the new Beijing update and succeeded with the Installation?

Cheers,

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

I reported it to them last night. To their credit they replied in an hour, reset my activations and said that they need to repair the installer and will notify everyone when it is available again.

Regards,

Mark 

• Upvote 1

The developer got back to me within the hour.  It is buggy and not accepting the activation code.  They are working with Simmarket to get a new installer up.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

HI Mark, hi Luis!

Thanks a lot for your answers guys! Glad to know I am not the only one with the activation problem. So actually what I expected and hoped for with no ideas left on my side. Never had problem with Simmarket before and great to hear they are working on it. 

Enjoy the weekend and thanks again!

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Downloaded the new installer version 1.1.0.0 from simmarket.  No instructions on how to install.  Do you delete the previous version or simply install over the installed version?

Paul Kuhn

KGYR

Paul K   KGYR

Mine came with an instruction that is was very important to uninstall the original first.

It was a txt file I think 🤔 

After Simmarket issued a new installer I could finally install the scenery. Beijing is a true mega hub and I really appreciate what WF Scenery has achieved here. 

What they improved is the dynamic night lightning. It was way to bright in the old version with HDR on. And they added a bit more ground equipment around T3 which is nice. But fall and winter textures are still missing. Beijing is dry and brownish in winter months. In the sim the ground textures are in a vibrant green the whole year round.

My biggest issue with the scenery seems not fixed at all (actually worse than before on my setup):
At certain angles the custom ground textures (concrete, markings, lines...) are disappearing. Anybody else seeing this or is it something on my end?

14fu88.jpg
2keuhl.jpg

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just to let you know:
As nobody seemed to have the same issues (disappearing ground markings and cars driving on the taxiway bridges) I tried to hunt it down myself. And indeed WF's ZBAA is working totally fine. The culprit is ORBX Vector (to be exact FTX_VECTOR_OBJ).

Cheers,

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

The culprit is ORBX Vector (to be exact FTX_VECTOR_OBJ).

And what was the solution?

4 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Just to let you know:
As nobody seemed to have the same issues (disappearing ground markings and cars driving on the taxiway bridges) I tried to hunt it down myself. And indeed WF's ZBAA is working totally fine. The culprit is ORBX Vector (to be exact FTX_VECTOR_OBJ).

Cheers,

Did you try to rerun the ftx vector tool ?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

7 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Just to let you know:

Cheers,

It's mandatory that you exclude custom airports in your AEC. Either you do that manually like me or you run the AEC tool for automatic excluding.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Hi!
I use the AEC tool everytime as good practice after installing a new add-on airport. Did so already in January but unfortunately there wasn't any file related to ZBAA. And also a manual search didn't helped either.

After a lot of try and error I could finally isolate the conflicting file in the folder FTX_VECTOR_OBJ today: 7917_OBJ_TrafficLights.bgl
To stop the vanishing of the ground textures search for 7917_OBJ_TrafficLights.bgl and rename the file extension to 7917_OBJ_TrafficLights.off .

Hope this will help some of you who are also using Vector and facing the same problem.

Christoph

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Hi!
I use the AEC tool everytime as good practice after installing a new add-on airport. Did so already in January but unfortunately there wasn't any file related to ZBAA. And also a manual search didn't helped either.

After a lot of try and error I could finally isolate the conflicting file in the folder FTX_VECTOR_OBJ today: 7917_OBJ_TrafficLights.bgl
To stop the vanishing of the ground textures search for 7917_OBJ_TrafficLights.bgl and rename the file extension to 7917_OBJ_TrafficLights.off .

Hope this will help some of you who are also using Vector and facing the same problem.

Christoph

I'm getting the disappearing at certain angle as well. If you disable this file does it effect anything else locally, regionally or worldwide? 

Eric 

There are some 5800+ files in that folder, all grouped with a number. So my educated guess is that every numbers is standing for one region and 7917 is Beijing and the surroundings. But I can't say how big the covered area in one file is. Could be only Beijing or could be the whole China. 
But the only thing you will lose are traffic lights (red and green light dots during night times) and the other features like tunnel exits stay active. If you are uncomfortable working with the source files in the folder you can also use the Vector configuration tool and disable the "Traffic Lights" for "Primary Roads". Doing so will disable them worldwide whilst renaming 7917_OBJ_TrafficLights.bgl only in Beijing and hinterland.
Knowing our loved sim for 20 years I would not be surprised to have the same anomalies elsewhere and hence I deactivated them worldwide via the tool for the time being.

Christoph

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png