Sign in to follow this  
foges

Add-ons menu not available

Hi,

I've just rebuilt a clean machine.

Am running P3Dv3 under Win 10.

Have loaded RXP GNS430 very early in build sequence - not much else on.
Downloaded a fresh copy but when installed I got a SimConnect_Open failed error in the log and it wasn't working. 

Then went back and installed version 2.3.7 which I had working well on the previous build.
Install went clean - no errors. Have Reality XP GNS V2 in the Options/Add-Ons menu and it is enabled but have no Addon option on the top menu to add/configure the RXP GNS gauge.
Have loaded my old aircraft with all old config files and the units themselves work fine but the configuring menu is not available in the sim to set up and add to new aircraft.

Have uninstalled and retried a couple of times.

Have the GTN750 to load as well and am keen to catch the bug before I install it.

Can you advise which file is the most likely culprit ? 

reagrds
PatrickF

Sorry should have said,

Have checked all from below and have all the files (XML etc.) in the correct locations as far as I can tell. 

9 hours ago, foges said:

Have Reality XP GNS V2 in the Options/Add-Ons menu and it is enabled but have no Addon option on the top menu to add/configure the RXP GNS gauge.
Have loaded my old aircraft with all old config files and the units themselves work fine but the configuring menu is not available in the sim to set up and add to new aircraft.

Hi,

Should you get a SimConnect error, you won't have any menu. Can you please review the User's Manual Troubleshooting chapter for details about the XML files and their configuration?

NB: the simconnect installer is found in:

"P3D/redist/interface/FSX-SP2-XPACK/retail/lib/SimConnect.msi"

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks Jean-Luc,

all good - installing simconnect fixed it. 

Had a look in the user manual but no details I could see there.

Thanks for the location details - had no chance of finding that !

A clean P3D install does not appear to install Simconnect. My last install must have had it for something else. It would be worth adding a point in the install sequence to make sure it is installed.

regards, and thanks again. 

On to the GTN750 !

Apologies Jean-Luc

after installing latest update I've just realised I was reading an old version of the user manual !

All good - covered well in the current version.

regards

• Like 1