Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

How to get more out of my CPU?

Hello! 

I wanted to see if i could get more out of my CPU. as seen below, my CPU0 is really getting used a lot, however, look at the rest. Anything I could do to help?

Capture.png

Thanks,

Clem

Edited by Le Français

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

You could overclock more but that's about it.  After all these years P3D is still demanding on the first core.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can be improved to some effect but will involve time, testing and (a lot of) patience :-). This is what works for me and I have a low/mid-end PC.

1. If you are having issues, disable/uninstall any legacy addons - you can always add them in later once your configuration is stable;
  2. Reset to defaults for your in-Sim P3D settings;
  3. If running any variants of P3D v4, for your P3D.config, remove any Affinity Mask settings, if enabled in your config file and add in the P3D Tweaks - from Lockheed Martin User Manual > Learning Centre > Advanced Configuration (you can eliminate the AM setting described here);
  4. Load SIM and check various aircraft types with the default settings in place - the goal is to check that the SIM is fluid. If stutters are obvious at default settings, and based on your hardware config, check for updated drivers fro your VGA/MB or rollback to a previous version if available i.e. one at a time to facilitate trouble-shooting and fault-finding;
  5. If hardware and default settings are ok, progressively update your addons, if available, as some are bug fixes and/or enhancements/improvements. This is more of a difficult step as we tend to prefer leaving things alone if it ain't broken :-). But it will be your choice, going forward;
  6. Progressively adjust in-Sim settings to your preference using various aircraft addons first, then you can progressively  introduce other addons such as ActiveSky, REX SkyForce etc.
  7. Re-adjust in-SIM settings and make sure that you test system load during both day and night scenarios (P3D Time-Preview functionality is a great help here)
  8. The only recommendation that I would have for your system is probably a CPU upgrade - I'm looking at an upgrade within the next few months but current GPU prices is forcing me to be creative with current config i7 4790K stock with Turbo-Boost/GTX980 and 16GB DDR3 RAM (Done the overclocking thing up to a stable 4.7 on air but removed the OC due my location - tropical weather)

Hope this helps

Kind regards

FSL A320 v237 in P3D v4.2 (Full reinstall via Components)

FSL_v237_2.jpg

Edited by Tokitaumelie

Clem

Further to the above, just wanted to clarify that my resolution is 1920 x 1080 (30hz) with mid-level settings for P3D. I'm guessing that given you have a 1080ti, you will be on much higher settings for the Sim. DL is enabled and my frame-rate is locked at 20 with Vsync and TB on. Have a 4K monitor but that is just for other games right now! Hyper-threading is enabled for my CPU.

Hope your issues will be resolved

Kind regards

Following snips are just a summary in comparison to the FSL A320x for which a recently released update had major optimizations included (re snip in above post).

Sorry about the snip for the B77F, which does not feature the monitoring software! All taken with ASP4, REX SkyForce, ORBX PAJN, MyTraffic 6 and Chaseplane.

Correct_Config_1.jpg

Correct_Config_2.jpg

Correct_Config_3.jpg

Correct_Config_4.jpg

Correct_Config_5.jpg

Config_6.jpg

Edited by Tokitaumelie

Lovely.  Maybe you could turn on 4k and fly that fsl 320 into a large airport with dynamic lighting on and report back... 

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, tooting said:

Lovely.  Maybe you could turn on 4k and fly that fsl 320 into a large airport with dynamic lighting on and report back... 

Hey Pete

No way my 980 is able 4K at any airport right now

lol!

Edit: Just understood what you meant. Sorry, am a little slow. Anyways, you have a great day!

Edited by Tokitaumelie

2 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hey Pete

No way my 980 is able 4K at any airport right now

lol!

Thank you so much! My 780 was able to handle 4k :)

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case