Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

The most sexy plane for XP

..Aerobask Diamond DA-62.

• Like 2

Yeah.  Pretty darned sexy! 

I think I'm going to have to buy this.  I've heard it's not too bad on frame rates.  The Panthera is just fine for me, but the Eclipse brings my computer to its knees.  

I have it

im on an ancient 2500k 4ghz /gtx 970/16 gb ram

its really nice on perf.  Mainly thanks to LR for the g1000 - its coded very efficiently 

its a really nice addon that has perf charts and appears to fly per the charts from my short flight last night.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks, Ryan.  Your and my machine are very similar!  When are we ever going to build a new one?!

I have two Aerobask planes - the Epic1000 and now the DA62.  Money well spent.  Running at almost max with an i5 3570k and a GTX 1060.  Don't watch FPS - if it stutters, I don't notice so it never happened.

For me not any time this year at least... for sure not before the GPU prices come down.  I read an article that the cryptominers quad sli rigs are obsolete because of a new compact PC that will mine much more efficiently.  So hopefully the prices will start dropping with more stock increasing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

For me not any time this year at least... for sure not before the GPU prices come down.  I read an article that the cryptominers quad sli rigs are obsolete because of a new compact PC that will mine much more efficiently.  So hopefully the prices will start dropping with more stock increasing.

With all of the new tariffs coming into effect, I wouldn't hold my breath.:huh: 

Yeah I picked it up myself, definitely worth every penny....

Got a hunch as soon as the GPU people come up with what the miners really want, the "Pascal" series will be there for the asking.

I don't know.  Prices are down to about $600 for the 1070 Ti and about $680 for the 1080.  I may bite.  

On 3/25/2018 at 8:24 PM, Griphos said:

I don't know.  Prices are down to about $600 for the 1070 Ti and about $680 for the 1080.  I may bite.  

Hang in there - the mining technology is needing better stuff.  Won't be long before these 'Pascals' are a dime a dozen (well maybe a little more).

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 1