Sign in to follow this  
hillbilly20

Performance Problems

I am using PMDG 737 NGX and I am amazed at the high quality of the product.

I have been having some issues with full flights and I am in the process of investigating performance limitations.

All seems to be well with all flights until I get to the final stages. One flight completely locked up  with 2 miles to go and a flight today landed but with just a few miles to go it got very jumpy and difficult to fly.

I also have some challenges running the pmdg 737 ngx. I cant seem to make it work with the ngx as a default aircraft. I also cannot managed to save it with the screen configurations in place, so that when I reload these configurations, the screens have gone back to the default settins.

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro, Intel Core i7 - 4770 cpu 3.4 ghz, 32gb ram and nvidia geforce 970 graphics card.

I use P3D v4 and obviously pmdg 737 ngx.

Can anyone suggest why I seem to have these issues?

Regards

Alan H

26 minutes ago, hillbilly20 said:

I cant seem to make it work with the ngx as a default aircraft.

Please review the Introduction document, do not try to assign a PMDG or any advanced aircraft as a default in FSX or P3D.

26 minutes ago, hillbilly20 said:

I have been having some issues with full flights and I am in the process of investigating performance limitations.

Have you flown the two Tutorial flights?  Any problems there?

PS:  PMDG asks for our full names on all posts.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

8 hours ago, hillbilly20 said:

I also cannot managed to save it with the screen configurations in place, so that when I reload these configurations, the screens have gone back to the default settins.

Do you run P3D as an administrator?

do you have any anti virus software running? 

To be honest, I have had massive problems with PMDG (and A2A) and Win8.1 so I went back to Win7 pretty quickly until Win10 has come.. the issues were heavy stutters, click lags, control input that moved the controls... or didn‘t... long speak short: it was unusable for me...(but that was FSX)

Edited by Ephedrin

Is this happening at all airport or only specific ones and are you using any addon scenery?

Does this happen with other planes as well or only the 737?

Hooooold on a sec, gents.

Dan's comment was spot on. I appreciate everyone trying to dive in to help, but Dan's is essentially the first one that Alan needs to solve before diving into the rest.

Kyle Rodgers

What do performance issues and pc lock ups have to do with saved flights and tutorials? o.O

13 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

What do performance issues and pc lock ups have to do with saved flights and tutorials? o.O

I assume it is to do with flying proven routes with no known issues, to rule out any problems specific to the scenery he’s using or the routes he’s flying.

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

You skipped over Dan's first point...go back and read, please.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

You skipped over Dan's first point...go back and read, please.

That‘s what I meant with „saved“... I wasn‘t aware that setting advanced addons as default flight would also might have an impact on the performance but thought it would affect any kinds of „system issues“... you never stop learning.. :)