Sign in to follow this  
ocaviation

NGX Split Scimitar Winglets

Hi all,

I know this has been talked about millions of times. Split scimitars have been out and about on 737s for just over 5 years now. Of course, we would all love to see the scimitars on the NGX, finally, after them being on 737s for a while. I get that it's hard to create a new flight model, and add minor and small details to the cockpit, but it's been 5 years since is was requested back in 2013. I think all of us simmers would appreciate a model only split scimitar paid update at the least for now, and if it feels needed, the flight model and fuel burn update a bit later.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ocaviation said:

Hi all,

I know this has been talked about millions of times. Split scimitars have been out and about on 737s for just over 5 years now. Of course, we would all love to see the scimitars on the NGX, finally, after them being on 737s for a while. I get that it's hard to create a new flight model, and add minor and small details to the cockpit, but it's been 5 years since is was requested back in 2013. I think all of us simmers would appreciate a model only split scimitar paid update at the least for now, and if it feels needed, the flight model and fuel burn update a bit later.  

What for? Is the flight model that different to „normal“ winglets that us PC pilots would even notice it? And does it burn that significantly less fuel that we would plan our single flights differently?

there is an NG3 in development, maybe it will bring you the scimitars.

• Upvote 2

Without the "flight model and fuel burn update", I do not really see the purpose in such an update.

1 hour ago, Bob Marton said:

Without the "flight model and fuel burn update", I do not really see the purpose in such an update.

The purpose would be for the looks and the model of the winglets. Having them there looks simply that much better. Better realism. As Ephedrin said, we won't really notice the new flight model.

• Like 1

If we do them we will do the relevant flight model as well. We do not do something for the looks only without simulating what changes.

Real names on the forum please, first and last.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 hours ago, ocaviation said:

The purpose would be for the looks and the model of the winglets. Having them there looks simply that much better. Better realism. As Ephedrin said, we won't really notice the new flight model.

That's your personal opinion. Quite frankly, it would suite you, to state it as such... "In my opinion..." would so such a long way, IMO... 

I fail to see the meaning of a purely cosmetical update! Schimitar-winglets, without updated flightmodel, fuel-burn and flight characteristics is really pointless, in my personal opinion (<-- see what I did there?).

Also, I've come to understand, that it's not PMDG's style to do purely cosmetical updates (and before you get started, please don't drag the old 747-8 into this, as an argument!)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 hours ago, ocaviation said:

I'm not really sure what you mean by "better realism". Realism would include the flight model and fuel-burn. In addition, it should be noted that while PMDG has not yet added these winglets, not every airline has added these winglets to their existing aircraft. For example, American Airlines, who believe the money is better spent on upgrading their fleet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

I'm not really sure what you mean by "better realism". Realism would include the flight model and fuel-burn. In addition, it should be noted that while PMDG has not yet added these winglets, not every airline has added these winglets to their existing aircraft. For example, American Airlines, who believe the money is better spent on upgrading their fleet.

LOL! You hit the nail on the head there. A purely cosmetic update, would actually be the opposite of realism, IMO.

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

On 25/03/2018 at 7:04 AM, Olympic260 said:

If we do them we will do the relevant flight model as well. We do not do something for the looks only without simulating what changes.

Real names on the forum please, first and last.

... I seem to recall paying $25 for the "PMDG 747-8i/F Model Extension for 747-400X" which to quote Mr Randazzo "does not update the flight, cockpit or systems. This is a visual model/sound update only."

Paul Hand

5 minutes ago, paulhand said:

... I seem to recall paying $25 for the "PMDG 747-8i/F Model Extension for 747-400X" which to quote Mr Randazzo "does not update the flight, cockpit or systems. This is a visual model/sound update only."

What's your point? The above mentioned example, is purely an exemption! 
As far as I've come to understand, PMDG doesn't do purely cosmetic updates (anymore).

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

That was 8 years ago, A lot has been changed from then. Just to put it in simple language. We do not intend to release something only with cosmetic changes. 

• Like 2

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Whilst I understand that the OP would like to see split scimitar winglets on his NGX models, the fact that a third generation version of the PMDG 737 is in development would seem to make this rather pointless.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 3/25/2018 at 4:19 AM, Bob Marton said:

"Better realism"..... here is an example. I'm flying an Alaska 737-800, and ALL of the -800s with ASA have scimitars. It just feels off flying a scimitar-less 737 when it really should have them. It looks odd. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ocaviation said:

"Better realism"..... here is an example. I'm flying an Alaska 737-800, and ALL of the -800s with ASA have scimitars. It just feels off flying a scimitar-less 737 when it really should have them. It looks odd. 

Turn back your date to 2011 :-P

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ocaviation said:

I really would like PMDG to release the new 747, but they are not ready to release the product. When PMDG completes the updated 737 you will get what you would like, just like I will get what i want whenever PMDG completes their upgraded 747.