Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

P3D no longer starts.

Greetings.

I can no longer start P3D. When I start PC I see P3D4.2 is attempting to start but in about 20-30 seconds it crashes. If I try to restart P3D still won’t run. Latest changes was installing FFTF dynamic. I went to their forum but they clamed that FFTF cannot prevent P3D from launching. 
I was told that my P3D doesn’t communicate with LM anymore based in Even viewer message:
Thanks for looking. 

param1application-specific

param2Local

param3Activation

param4{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

param5{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

param6DESKTOP-CLK0DGD

param7skywa

param8S-1-5-21-1001321982-1080496546-2047607702-1001

param9LocalHost (Using LRPC)

param10Unavailable

param11Unavailable

-------------

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID 
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user DESKTOP-CLK0DGD\skywa SID (S-1-5-21-1001321982-1080496546-2047607702-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Edward 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi Ed,

The error report you provided is not associated with P3D.  The Event you are showing is common with all installations of Windows 10 and has nothing to do with P3D or any software but with Windows.  I went on the Internet to find a solution to this error you received above (same as the one I have) and tried to fix it by using the Component Service Admin Tool and it failed.  I do not think there is a solution.  It does not affect operation of Windows so I have disregarded it.  Windows 10 Techs will one day figure out they have no clue what they are doing at Microsoft or at one of Microsoft's many contractor facilities.  Since they do not know how to repair this error properly as they continually provide the wrong directions, then they are incompetent (there!  I said it!):smile:

Now to your issue:  If P3D fails to start up, then the issue is with one or both of the dll.xml's.  One is in the same folder as the P3D.cfg (old default), and one is in the same folder as the scenery.cfg (new default).  Rename both to dll.off.  When you restart P3D, a new dll.xml will be generated (the default).  If P3D starts up, it was one of the modules being loaded by the dll.xml(s).  If that did not work and P3D still fails to start up, go back and rename the dll.off to dll at both locations and throw away the new default dll.xml in the same folder as your scenery.cfg.

Next probable fix is to rename the p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off, restart P3D and see if this fixes the problem.  Most likely, the FFTF threw in some invalid parameters.  If this works then that was the reason.  Think you should be able to open up FFTF and set a parameter and it will be entered into your P3D.cfg.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for help Jim. I will give it a try. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Jim.

For some reason I have dll file only in ...Roaming>LM>P3Dv4. There is no dll file where scenery.cfg resides. 

Renaming to dll.off did not help. Renaming p3d.cfg did not help either. 

Thanks 

Edited by skysurfer

It will not show up as "dll.xml".  You will only see "dll" under the directory name.  It has to be in ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D4 as that is the new default location for the dll.xml.  Lockheed Martin generates a default dll.xml when P3DV4 is installed.  Whenever you start P3D, this file is looked at first to load the modules.  If P3D does not see the dll.xml, it will generate a new default one as it is a required file for P3D.

Further information here - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125649

Edited by Jim Young
Added link to Lockheed where it is stated the file must be there.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think I renamed it in a wrong location. 

From the link provided I went to Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 ► dll.xml and renamed that one to Off and I was able to start P3D. Huh :happy:

Thank you so much Jim.I think I'm back in business 

1 hour ago, skysurfer said:

From the link provided I went to Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 ► dll.xml and renamed that one to Off and I was able to start P3D. Huh

Good to hear Ed!!  That fixes startup issues 97.333% of the time.  Now you need to figure out what module in the dll.xml.off is not working properly.  If there is a module related to the utility you just installed (FFTF), then I would edit with Notepad+++ and remove the entry or disable it by changing that one line from False to True.  Then delete the new default dll.xml you just created and rename the old one back to dll.xml (or remove the .off).  If it starts up, then it was that module.  I would reinstall the module but run the install program as the Administrator.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Interesting. I don't see any FFTF entries in dll.xml.off. I wonder maybe because I removed FFTF completely. But even when I removed FFTF P3D4 was still crashing on startup. Now I started thinking if FFTF was a culprit at all. 

This is what I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG_HUD_interface</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
        <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG_Interface</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Edited by skysurfer

Hi Ed,

P3DV4 is sensitive to corruption of the configs and xml's.  The files are all encoded.  Do you have Lorby_Si Addon Organizer installed?  If so, it checks encoding of all of the xml's and P3D config files.  If any are not encoded properly, you can fix by clicking on the Save button and they will be saved in proper format.  I had an issue once starting up P3D and found out one of my xml's was not encoded properly.  Got it encoded properly and P3D started up.

If you have Notepad+++ you can open up the current dll.xml and also the dll.xml.off.  I would then copy all of the entries starting at the PMDG entry down and paste to the new dll.xml then save.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim

Looks like this entry is causing issues. If I remove it P3D4 starts normal. If I add it back it crashes on start up. Not sure what is wrong with it though. 

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
        <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

I do have Lorby_Si Addon Organizer installed. I had ran it and it found bunch of troubled files. I hit saved and it fixed all of them. 

I've had RAASPRO causing issues at startup before.  Recommend you uninstall/reinstall and make sure you have the latest version.

The Lorby_Si Addon Organizer is a life-saver for anyone owning P3DV4.  You will have to check the encoding occasionally, especially if you ever open up one of the p3d configs or XML's.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

3 hours ago, Luke said:

RAASPRO will not work properly if you have a 32-bit office install. You'll need the 64-bit Access 2010 driver and then RAAS will be happy again:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Cheers!

Oh snap. I think I finally started to realizes the original issue. I tried to install Skype for business and when I found the link in Microsoft website instead of installing Skype it forced Office 32-bit office. I uninstalled 32-bit and reinstalled 64-bit. I checked the office version and it says 64-bit. Looks to me the damages had already been done. 

I don't have separate RAASPRO installed like from FS2crew, it is only integrated into PMDG777 but I turned it off...for now. I wonder how can I make to work properly now. 

Thanks for all your help. 

30 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

I wonder how can I make to work properly now. 

Just enable it in the dll.xml.  If you removed the entry, you have the entry above that you can copy and paste and put it back into the dll.xml.

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim

I added those entries exept RAASPRO. If I add RAASPRO back P3D fails the start again.