Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

Ok, after 2h flying with the Carenado Saab from EDDH to LSZB, my sim also showed this nasty DXGI remove error and I had to cancel the flight. Never had this issue since I switched from FSX, means more than 2 years now. Is there any reasonable "solution" to this by now?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Some people eliminated the error by switching to an other video card driver. But the error can also be produced by an add-on that generates "long frames"

Edited by Cargostorm
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

In the LM Forums I read that it can also be related to the use of nVidia Inspector or its framelimiter. Will try without the next time.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

In the LM Forums I read that it can also be related to the use of nVidia Inspector or its framelimiter. Will try without the next time.

That's exectly what causing my DXGI error. With NV inspector I use framelimiter and every time now I get the error. Without NV inspector no problems. 

22 minutes ago, Albin said:

That's exectly what causing my DXGI error. With NV inspector I use framelimiter and every time now I get the error. Without NV inspector no problems. 

Can you elaborate this a little further? Is it only related to the frame limiter of NVI or to any of the NVI options? I use two, three other things via NVI (GSYNC off, Triplebuffer on), does this work?

Greetings, Chris

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Can you elaborate this a little further? Is it only related to the frame limiter of NVI or to any of the NVI options? I use two, three other things via NVI (GSYNC off, Triplebuffer on), does this work?

Well I really just know that the frame limiter doesn't work. I don't use other settings in NV inspector

• Upvote 1

I have also been getting this error since downloading one of the latest drivers several weeks ago.  I can confirm that for me it was also a conflict with Nvidia Inspector.  I only used it to limit frames and did not use any other settings.  After disabling NVI, I have done four 2+ hour flights without a problem.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

How do you "disable" NVI? Simply putting all driver defaults for prepar3d.exe? Or uninstalling it?

Greetings, Chris

The Golden Rule of Drivers... If it Ain't Broke ,DON'T FIX IT.. I refuse to update the latest GPU drivers, unless a solution is found with NVidia Inspector Limiter...

7 minutes ago, AnkH said:

How do you "disable" NVI? Simply putting all driver defaults for prepar3d.exe? Or uninstalling it?

putting all driver defaults for prepar3d.exe in NVI

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Or delete the profile in inspector 

• Upvote 1

I’ll miss the NVI frame rate limiter.  1/4 refresh and locked to 37 FPS on my 144 Hz monitor worked wonders.  Locking in P3D easily costs me 5-10 FPS and is significantly noticeable, unfortunately.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Why is this causing the problem tho? It's probably not just to make us annoyed. Or maybe it is.  But now I set the frame limiter in global profile in NV inspector and see if that works.

Changing the autogen radius to one setting below max fixed this error on p3d 4.3. LM may have a bug in that radius slider an attempt to fix disappearing autogen or popping in squares autogen bugs in the past having max autogen radius could have introduced this bug. That is my guess.

Had 3 days off and completed 3 long hauls the last one a 3 hr flight then a 10 hr flight no restart between.

Edited by Boeing or not going

On 7/10/2018 at 3:57 AM, AnkH said:

Use NI with frame limiter on a 1080Ti. Had this issue with the latest driver. Rolled back to earlier driver and problem solved. Still using NI with frame limiter. 

Eric