Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

14 hours ago, B777ER said:

Use NI with frame limiter on a 1080Ti. Had this issue with the latest driver. Rolled back to earlier driver and problem solved. Still using NI with frame limiter. 

Good to know. Even better would be if you write down the numbers of those drivers ;-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

hmmm. This problem is so weird. It seems to be a different case for everyone. I just used DDU to do a clean uninstall of my drivers and then a reinstalled (someone recommended that in LM Forums) Currently testing it. Ill report back if i get a crash or dont...this issue showed up right after installing the aerosoft airbus. It seems simulators never work perfectly...

31 minutes ago, cakeisawesome04 said:

hmmm. This problem is so weird. It seems to be a different case for everyone. I just used DDU to do a clean uninstall of my drivers and then a reinstalled (someone recommended that in LM Forums) Currently testing it. Ill report back if i get a crash or dont...this issue showed up right after installing the aerosoft airbus. It seems simulators never work perfectly...

Do any of the "experts" here think think this could be a hardware/software issue? or better yet, a P3Dv4 issue since it seems to crop up since P3Dv4,1? In a word... DUH???

Greg

Don't use the latest nvidia driver, i can recommand you to test the 391.35, had the same problem like you and resolve it with this driver

Frédéric Giraud

In all my searching for DXGI problems, I was never able to pin-point exactly what it is. Here are some of my own experiences:

- it might have to do something with the driver, or a combination of more factors

- seems to happen less if I deactivate hardware acceleration in Firefox (or any other browser)

- might happen lesser if I underclock or don't overclock the GPU

- happens with FSL+Spotlights, but it also happened with PMDG 777

As for the driver, I usually always put the latest driver, as I play other games too, but that doesn't always mean I will get or get rid of DXGI. The last one I had about a month ago, in the meantime I updated the driver (I think it's and since then nothing. Currently installed 398.36.

Edited by SimonC

My DXGI Hung Error fix:

Found this solution on the internet, works for a lot of other graphical programs and games, and works for me 100% with P3Dv4.3.

The problem: a thing called TDR checker monitors the computer’s hardware, particularly the GPU. When the GPU stops responding with the computer for 2 seconds TDR checker restarts the driver. The TDR checker was good on paper but did not work in the real world as a GPU can stop responding when it is working hard.

Here is the solution that worked for me, it requires an extra sub key entry into the Windows registry, so please only implement if you feel OK with editing your registry!

• Exit all Windows based programs,
  • Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
  • Browse to and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
  • On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
  • Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
  • Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that natively, but double check) and click OK,
  • Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

If you encounter a DXGI hung error again make sure that this key still exists in your registry!

It happened to me once that the key vanished, resulting in the dreadful DXGI hung error once again.

I hope this fix can work for you too.

More info: Timeout detection in the Windows Display Driver Model

KEEP CALM and FLY ON

TomvZ

Edited by tomvz
  • Upvote 1

Ha, totally forgot about TDR. Played with this one for a long time - without a shred of success really.

However, I will try it again - btw. what is the point of setting it to 0, if it's set to 0 natively?

1 hour ago, SimonC said:

Ha, totally forgot about TDR. Played with this one for a long time - without a shred of success really.

However, I will try it again - btw. what is the point of setting it to 0, if it's set to 0 natively?

By default, you don't have a "TdrLevel" subkey in your registry, you must create it.

Whenever a new subkey is created, Windows assigns '0' to it by default.

Just make sure it is '0', because other values lead to other driver recovery behavor. 

By setting the value to "0," the time-out detection is completely disabled.  

More info on the TDR Registry Keys

TomvZ

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring at "0" being a default, without TdrLevel entry in the registry.

TDR in registry does not do anything, I tried it before it did not work..the latest GPU updates have created this problem and they don't try or probably do not know how to fix it...

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:14 AM, AnkH said:

Good to know. Even better would be if you write down the numbers of those drivers 😉

NVidia 397.64 and NVidia Inspector they work fine without creating any DXGI problems..

George

6 minutes ago, georgio1952 said:

NVidia 397.64 and NVidia Inspector they work fine without creating any DXGI problems..

George

I’ve had this crash twice with 397.64.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On 7/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, Boeing or not going said:

Changing the autogen radius to one setting below max fixed this error on p3d 4.3. LM may have a bug in that radius slider an attempt to fix disappearing autogen or popping in squares autogen bugs in the past having max autogen radius could have introduced this bug. That is my guess.

Had 3 days off and completed 3 long hauls the last one a 3 hr flight then a 10 hr flight no restart between.

Try this that I posted before editing the registry! I think the autogen radius is the cause of the dxgi error. i installed every Nvidia driver and the error is still gone.

Edited by Boeing or not going