Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

6 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Try this that I posted before editing the registry! I think the autogen radius is the cause of the dxgi error. i installed every Nvidia driver and the error is still gone.

Are you using the frame limiter function in Nvidia Inspector?

Alan

16 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Try this that I posted before editing the registry! I think the autogen radius is the cause of the dxgi error. i installed every Nvidia driver and the error is still gone.

I don't have to try this, because I never used autogen draw distance on max. I am currently down to medium as this autogen loading late and in patches occurs with everything above medium. And I got the DXGI error with "medium"...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

I don't have to try this, because I never used autogen draw distance on max. I am currently down to medium as this autogen loading late and in patches occurs with everything above medium. And I got the DXGI error with "medium"...

Same, have also seen this on a medium antigen draw setting.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Not autogen radius slider

Found old scenery in v4 can cause DXGI error. One being FlyTampa Montreal. Suggestions in FT Forum for fix.

Disable airport scenery and add only what you fly to each route one by one until a DXGI error.

Edited by Boeing or not going

Not necessarily true.  I used to get them when locking frames in ndivia Inspector.  The fix is to use 397.64 drivers and 

Exit all Windows based programs,
- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above. 
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130051&start=15

I've not had another since doing that. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Not autogen radius slider

Found old scenery in v4 can cause DXGI error. One being FlyTampa Montreal. Suggestions in FT Forum for fix.

Disable airport scenery and add only what you fly to each route one by one until a DXGI error.

I recently did a test install after a fresh install of Windows 10 and only ORBX scenery which is all up to date and I got a DXGI HUNG error within 30 mins

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Not necessarily true.  I used to get them when locking frames in ndivia Inspector.  The fix is to use 397.64 drivers and 

- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above. 
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

I tried the last 8 or so drivers, reducing the memory and core clock speeds on my 1080ti. Frames locked in P3D, frames unlimited too. I never use NI. Deleted P3D.cfg. deleted shaders. Tried the TdrLevel tweak.. read 2 posts to try a value of 0 and another's with 8 both have error. Tried 32 bit and 64 bit entry. Wiped my system reinstalled windows 10 and P3D v4.3 and ORBX scenery...crashed in 30 mins. I'm sure it's a Windows 10 issue as I don't recall seeing it reported on previous OSs despite reports on Lockheed Martin's forums dating back 20 months. I'm testing a dual boot system with windows 10 and 8.1 which I will then install SIM onto

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Could be different causes one of them is an old scenery I'll add that registry edit thanks.

4 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I tried the last 8 or so drivers, reducing the memory and core clock speeds on my 1080ti. Frames locked in P3D, frames unlimited too. I never use NI. Deleted P3D.cfg. deleted shaders. Tried the TdrLevel tweak.. read 2 posts to try a value of 0 and another's with 8 both have error. Tried 32 bit and 64 bit entry. Wiped my system reinstalled windows 10 and P3D v4.3 and ORBX scenery...crashed in 30 mins. I'm sure it's a Windows 10 issue as I don't recall seeing it reported on previous OSs despite reports on Lockheed Martin's forums dating back 20 months. I'm testing a dual boot system with windows 10 and 8.1 which I will then install SIM onto

This is getting me worried... Is this widespread? Does everyone have this error?

I don't see this error. But maybe I'm not stressing my GPU enough (my CPU is older and not up to speed with my 970...).

It seems like many are reporting that they have started to see this rather recently. Maybe a Windows 10 update is causing this, for some reason? Can you share the Windows versions/build numbers you are running? I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, Build 17134.228 (you can see this in your system properties).

22 minutes ago, CockpitGlass said:

This is getting me worried... Is this widespread? Does everyone have this error?

I don't see this error. But maybe I'm not stressing my GPU enough (my CPU is older and not up to speed with my 970...).

It seems like many are reporting that they have started to see this rather recently. Maybe a Windows 10 update is causing this, for some reason? Can you share the Windows versions/build numbers you are running? I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, Build 17134.228 (you can see this in your system properties).

The fact it's listed on LM forums since Jan 2016 for P3D 3 and 4 leaves me believing it's not a recent Windows 10 update though on Facebook groups it's becoming more frequent

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I think the problem has been created by NVIDIA latest updates … I have stayed with the update 397.64 , also using NVI together and I have no DXGI error any more...My sim works very well n smooth..

George

I7-6700K CPU 4.00GHz , EVGA GeForce GTX1060 Superclocked 6GB

7 hours ago, georgio1952 said:

I think the problem has been created by NVIDIA latest updates … I have stayed with the update 397.64 , also using NVI together and I have no DXGI error any more...My sim works very well n smooth..

George

I7-6700K CPU 4.00GHz , EVGA GeForce GTX1060 Superclocked 6GB

couldnt agree more.

14ppkc-6.png

i was getting this problem for the first time also

i am currently using video driver 391.35

i started getting this using qw 787 happened just about every flight

since using above video driver it has not reared its ugly head for for about 3 weeks

i have not used NI for a long time now i took the advice from someone on these forums forgot who it was at the moment

but the advice was NI is not needed in p3d v4

hope this helps someone

jeff storey