Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

Well, it's getting harder to pinpoint the cause, then... It seems to happen with every configuration? Must be some pattern here, but I'm struggling to see it.

Maybe some update in some other driver which may be interfering with this? If that's the case, it's gonna be very very hard to pin this down...

Why is this even a thing? Why cant LM simply remove this check and just let us go on our way.

For as bad as FSX was (mine was stable right to the end) the nice thing about it (at least in W7 64-BIT) was when a graphics driver crashed during play, it would simple reset itself and NOT crash the sim.

For those that say don't use NI, that is total garbage. I need it for VSYNC 1/3. In game, with the only option for VSYNC, the sim is jerky. This hobby is so dumb anymore, really wish I would have listened to my wife and just stayed out but I was like no no, P3Dv4 is the answer, or so I was told.

I've attempted 3 flights 4 times since starting back into FS with P3Dv4 and I've had two crashes. I'm not mad per say, since I'm in the no expectation/testing phase but this is ridiculous.

Just bumping this thread since my crash yesterday was a DXGI one.

Thanks.

Edited by garymcginnis
  • Like 1

Hi Gary,

Can you tell us your hardware specs? Please include monitor and it’s native refresh frequency.

Also, what Addons are installed...and ACTIVE?

Note: I stopped using NI since Prepar3D v4.0

Regards,

Mike

1 hour ago, garymcginnis said:

Why is this even a thing? Why cant LM simply remove this check and just let us go on our way.

For as bad as FSX was (mine was stable right to the end) the nice thing about it (at least in W7 64-BIT) was when a graphics driver crashed during play, it would simple reset itself and NOT crash the sim.

For those that say don't use NI, that is total garbage. I need it for VSYNC 1/3. In game, with the only option for VSYNC, the sim is jerky. This hobby is so dumb anymore, really wish I would have listened to my wife and just stayed out but I was like no no, P3Dv4 is the answer, or so I was told.

I've attempted 3 flights 4 times since starting back into FS with P3Dv4 and I've had two crashes. I'm not mad per say, since I'm in the no expectation/testing phase but this is ridiculous.

Just bumping this thread since my crash yesterday was a DXGI one.

Thanks.

Correctly say to play this hobby you must have studied computer engineer..I'm with you for the same purpose I also need NVI..

Are you using Reshade or another shader injector? Do you have a dxgi.dll in your main P3D v4 folder?

If so, remove Reshade/equivalent shader injector and test again. You should not have a dxgi.dll file in your main P3D folder.

Wills

2 hours ago, garymcginnis said:

Thanks.

Am I to assume you used 1/3 refresh rate in FSX through NI? I ask because there has been much written about P3D 4.3 and the use of external refresh rate settings (tweaks) -they either don't work or will cause problems.

Look, P3D 4.3 is not FSX ...Heck, there's a significant difference between P3d 4.3 and 4.2 and how the respective versions render the sim -so settings that worked with 4.2 may give you trouble in 4.3.

So try 4.3 with the default NCP and the P3d Options Menu with Vysnc on and frames locked at 29, 30 or 31.  ...Assuming you haven't tried it already with P3d  4..3.

Guys I posted a huge post on LM forums a couple of days ago explaining everything I have tried and I have literally tried everything (unsure if I can paste a link here). Just seen LM have amalgamated it into an older thread on the same topic 😢

13 nvidia drivers from latest to an 18 month old one each installed after using DDU in Safe Mode

3 or 4 OS installs from current up to date W10 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 1703 Build with all updates immediately disabled and back to a fully updated W10 yet it still crashes.  Each has had old drivers and new drivers..all fail

The TrdLevel or TrdDelay registy entries

Deleted Prepar3D.cfg despite entirely fresh installation

I do not and never have used Nvidia Inspector as I have never needed it, I either lock frames in P3D or I set my monitor refresh rate to 30 hz and enable vsync.  Have tested 60 hz and 30 and unlocked in P3D..no difference all crash

I do not use Tomato Shade or Reshade, I did have PTA but have done a system reinstall and not installed it..still crashed

I have run sim without Active Sky running...still crashed

I have run sim without Dynamic Lighting enabled..still crashed

I have run sim with just Orbx scenery installed...still crashed

I have run sim with ALL add on scenery (just Orbx) disabled and Objectflow disabled in Add-On menu....still crashed...all with default aircraft too.

2 nights ago I uninstalled the 4.3 client and installed 4.2 hoping it would work...crashed.  I am going to completely uninstall P3D, remove all the folders and reinstall without adding any Orbx scenery and run a test.

I am using a 1080ti at 4k on a 40" monitor.  

I forgot to add I do not overclock my gpu, I have tested it also by reducing both the core and memory clock speeds by 100 mhz and neither helped, I have also run my cpu at default clock speeds..made zero difference either.

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

I made the prepar3D forum recommended registry change (the 64bit entry) and have not had this error.

Same here but you need to the 64 bit entry not 32

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, tooting said:

Are you overclocking the gfx card? 

Ive just edited my own post if you refer to mine.  I do not overclock my gpu, I have tested it also by reducing both the core and memory clock speeds by 100 mhz and neither helped, I have also run my cpu at default clock speeds..made zero difference either.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Wow I missed a lot while on my flight. Glad my bump worked.

Specs

i7-8700k (XMP OC at 4.3 GHZ)

ROG Extreme Mobo

H100iv2

64 GB 2666 RAM

2 X 840 SSD in RAID 1 (OS)

2 X 850 SSD IN RAID 1 (P3D)

KINGPIN EVGA GTX 980

W10 Pro 64bit

Addons

ORBX

FSLABS A319/320 (trying without Spotlights since last crash)

AS2016

CHASE PLANE

FSUIPC5 (paid version)

REX 4

REX AIRPORTS

PTA (using REX PTA PRESET 18)

What I've Tried

TLDR registry hack

Lower Sliders (they were already on medium)

I've also tested without the use of NVI, but again that is rubbish since the in games options of VSYNC aren't smooth. I've also tried many different drivers and the use of NVIDIA control panel (no VSYNC 1/3).

I run the sim right now at unlimited FPS in game, locked to 34 in NVI. GSYNC (disabled) AOC monitor (stacked with another monitor that doesn't have flight sim functions) W10 knocks 1 HZ off my setting (set at 100 but only given 99). A combo of 34 FPS (to hold 33 in game and the 99HZ) is incredibly smooth.

A lot of what I tried has to be taken with a grain of salt since I'm new to the P3D but what I can tell you is the smoothness settings and NVI settings are what I plan to use since I've tested this the most.

Someone also asked if the GPU is overclocked. It is not. I haven't touched it since it's a KINGPIN, it's already maxed out and there isnt need to push it more.

I'm interested in the W10 hack someone mentioned above. Figured I was done with those when I left FSX once and for all.

There has to be a fix. Personally I'd love LM to remove this check and just let the driver crash without crashing the game like it was back in FSX and way back in FS2004.

Before I left for my trip I installed 388.13 and flew around a bit with no issues. That test can't be called conclusive but it was a recommended driver from someone using NVI to control VSYNC and FPS.

Thanks

Edited by garymcginnis

8 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

I made the prepar3D forum recommended registry change (the 64bit entry) and have not had this error.

What is this?

12 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Where are the instructions for this? 

Eric