Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

1 hour ago, garymcginnis said:

Mike 

By doing this what exactly am I looking for? I had to replace the mobo once due to a dual/single channel issue. So they've all been reseatted once.

Also reading over that link this is all they say, so not much help:

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed

Hi Gary,

I’m speculating that you might have a faulty module. If that turns out to be true then this would isolate the faulting memory stick. Anyway, reseating each module repeatedly can also be helpful if there is a poor or intermittent connection which will be influenced by heat variations.

Check each module in turn, i.e. one at a time. If they are 4GB modules then you might have to test them in pairs to ensure sufficient memory is available for Prepar3D. If you have 4 modules then switch them around, using only 2 at a time until you can identify the suspect module or modules.

Purchasing a high quality set of memory modules doesn’t always guarantee they will be free of faults. I know. Many unexplained errors and crashes find their root in faulting memory.

Regards,

Mike

26 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Gary,

I’m speculating that you might have a faulty module. If that turns out to be true then this would isolate the faulting memory stick. Anyway, reseating each module repeatedly can also be helpful if there is a poor or intermittent connection which will be influenced by heat variations.

Check each module in turn, i.e. one at a time. If they are 4GB modules then you might have to test them in pairs to ensure sufficient memory is available for Prepar3D. If you have 4 modules then switch them around, using only 2 at a time until you can identify the suspect module or modules.

Purchasing a high quality set of memory modules doesn’t always guarantee they will be free of faults. I know. Many unexplained errors and crashes find their root in faulting memory.

Regards,

Mike

Would it not be easier just running Memtest on the memory Mike? On my system removing memory isnt an easy task as I have to pull a desk out, disconnect all cables from round the back, slide the heavy beast of a machine out of where is sits then place it on the floor.  Reconnecting cables isnt easy in that position due to inadequate length.

This is interesting under the previous posted link about DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG...""The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.""  I also have a thread on LM forums though they almalgamated it within someone elses and moved it into hardware section despite I believing its an application problem.  If you read my original post you will all see all what I have tested including a fresh install of Windows 8.1 and also a 1703 (March 17) build of Windows 10 and old drivers from the same period yet P3D still crashes.  How anyone can blame recent updates or drivers I do not know when Ive tested a clean system using an old OS and old drivers..the only common factor in tests is Prepar3D.  I never experienced this error until a number of months ago.  Hadnt changed any hardware.  Something is triggering it on so many users systems and it is frustrating that LM just tend to ignore these threads and have done for almost 2 years 😞  I now have a completely default installation and have gotten crashes with default settings too.

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

19 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Would it not be easier just running Memtest on the memory Mike? On my system removing memory isnt an easy task as I have to pull a desk out, disconnect all cables from round the back, slide the heavy beast of a machine out of where is sits then place it on the floor.  Reconnecting cables isnt easy in that position due to inadequate length.

This is interesting under the previous posted link about DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG...""The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.""  I also have a thread on LM forums though they almalgamated it within someone elses and moved it into hardware section despite I believing its an application problem.  If you read my original post you will all see all what I have tested including a fresh install of Windows 8.1 and also a 1703 (March 17) build of Windows 10 and old drivers from the same period yet P3D still crashes.  How anyone can blame recent updates or drivers I do not know when Ive tested a clean system using an old OS and old drivers..the only common factor in tests is Prepar3D.  I never experienced this error until a number of months ago.  Hadnt changed any hardware.  Something is triggering it on so many users systems and it is frustrating that LM just tend to ignore these threads and have done for almost 2 years 😞  I now have a completely default installation and have gotten crashes with default settings too.

Chris

I'd also like to know about the memory test. I too have it in a not very access friendly position with my out PC. This hobby is starting to really not be worth it.

P3Dv4 they said. It will just work they said.....

5 hours ago, garymcginnis said:

What driver are you using

What card are you using

What's your in-sim settings

What's your NVI/NVCP settings

Here we go:

MSI GTX 1080

vsync on, locked at 20

none. only "maximum performance" for energymanagement

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

There are quite a few reasons - simplest is - if you test all together and memtest shows an error you still need to test them individually to find out WHICH module threw the error. Also some systems using ECC modules will auto correct the error and it won't be reported.

The only true way to eliminate the memory as a problem is to test each module individually.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

11 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

This hobby is starting to really not be worth it.

Theres NOTHING higher demanding on PC hardware, stability and user entusiasm then flightsimming in the "gaming" section of PC software. Never was the last 20 years.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

37 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Theres NOTHING higher demanding on PC hardware, stability and user entusiasm then flightsimming in the "gaming" section of PC software. Never was the last 20 years.

Thanks for the specs. Also I agree. It's just I never had this much trouble before. I was always able to isolate the issues and never usually had a CTD unless I did something stupid to the sim first. Up until the very end of my time with FSX, it was rock steady.

I'm saying not worth it also in terms that I've been flying max hours at work each month and when I do get the littlest bit of free time and muster up the interest in actually flying outside of work, the last thing I want to do is trouble shoot or worry about CTDs.

5 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Hi Chris,

I quite understand. These cases weigh a tonne! I built my rig in our basement and it’s still there for that very reason...lol. Also, access to the case is so much easier when it’s sitting on a workbench.

There are several ways you can accomplish this short of removing the modules. However, please keep in mind that it may still be necessary to go down that road.

This article should help to get you started:

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000708.htm

Regards,

Mike

DXGI errors are difficult to understand and resolve, especially if mixed.

In my case, I had specifically the "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" error, which I solved by taking the following actions :

- DDU-cleaning existing drivers + reinstalling previous drivers (397.64)

- disabling Nvidia Shadowplay instant replay

- lowering my MSI 970 OC profile to "silent" which means clocking it back to the OEM values (this MSI model comes factory overclocked)

I am back flying without issues, and while still using the frame limiter of NI (I read some suggesting ditching NI, but I wanted to keep using the frame limiter)

Edited by RockOla

Well I just got home and fired it up for a second before my next trip and the auto-restart feature of W10 started P3D. It's also flagged the DX Diagnostic Tool. Could this be an error in my DX12 install? If so, how would I uninstall and correct.

Thanks

It's not the DX12 issue. However I just added a TDRDELAY as well as the TDRLEVEL that I already had. I out the delay to 60.

How many of you not having issues have the TDRLEVEL and DELAY?

Thanks

Hi Gary,

No issues here and I have not messed with the system registry. In this instance I suspect the TDRDELAY and TDRLEVEL ‘tweaks’ are both red herrings. Any improvements are probably just coincidence and unlikely to be sustained. However, that’s only my opinion based on nothing really other than a gut feeling.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

When you run dxdiag (32 and 64bit) does it report any problems?

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2320359/fix-direct3d-errors.html

DirectX 12, as you are aware, is irrelevant as far as Prepar3D is concerned - it uses DirectX 11.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Cruachan

No issues with the DXDIAG that I saw. Ran it twice. However, I saw one picture of someone who was discussing dxdiag and windows 10 had both DX11.3 and DX12 in the version (might have been photoshopped for W8 uses). I believe 12 covers 11.3 as well?

I have windows updates completely shut off, so I doubt it's a bad DX12 update.

In watching Flight Sim best moments on YouTube from last week, two streamers got DXGI crashes and one said he'd been getting a ton lately.

How far back driver wise do people think this goes back. I mean I know some aren't getting these errors but I'm curious.