Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

8 hours ago, garymcginnis said:

Hate to say but its probably not. I had crashes before I installed SODE.

Yeah you are probably right. Possibly just coincidence that I found an error with a time stamp of the same moment. -I’ve found that it’s likely Vsync interfering with Nvidia Inspector.

22 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Hi Joe I've tried loads of combinations. All GPU settings on default eg core and memory speeds, power limit and voltage all default..SIM crashes. Reducing core and memory clock speeds by 100 MHz or more.. SIM crashes. Returning clock speeds to default and reducing Power Limit to 75% SIM is lot more stable. Keeping power limit at 75 and bump voltage up crash returns.

Chris

I’m sorry to hear that Chris.

It looks like you’ve tried about everything. I surely could be wrong but it seems to be at least related to your video card and it’s demand load and/or physical performance. Clearly this could be triggered by other things but that’s the only knob you’ve been able to demonstrate. It’s too bad you don’t have a friend with a 1080 you could swap out to try that experiment. Just to be sure you did set the power back to 100% and step up the voltage not just step it up with the 75% setting correct?

Good luck!

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, joepoway said:

I’m sorry to hear that Chris.

It looks like you’ve tried about everything. I surely could be wrong but it seems to be at least related to your video card and it’s demand load and/or physical performance. Clearly this could be triggered by other things but that’s the only knob you’ve been able to demonstrate. It’s too bad you don’t have a friend with a 1080 you could swap out to try that experiment. Just to be sure you did set the power back to 100% and step up the voltage not just step it up with the 75% setting correct?

Good luck!

Joe

Keeping power limit at 75% and increasing Voltage to 150% = Crash.

Power Limit at 100% and increasing Voltage = crash. Both voltage and power limit at max Afterburner allows..think it's 200% and 115% = crash

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

7 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Keeping power limit at 75% and increasing Voltage to 150% = Crash.

Power Limit at 100% and increasing Voltage = crash. Both voltage and power limit at max Afterburner allows..think it's 200% and 115% = crash

Chris

As I said looks like you’ve tried everything.

I’m wondering if you kept your last video card prior to your latest build, I have my last two Nvidia cards from when I upgraded. My current card being an over clocked 1070. Since you can’t “borrow” a 1080 to swap out do you have an old reasonably powerful card you could try and  then delete the config file to let it reset settings to minimum levels for that card to see if you can light switch the problem?

Still just wondering if there is something up with your video card?

Again good luck to you and sorry I (we) can’t be of more help.

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Reading other forums about the DXGI errors and other games, I came across a post about factory overclocked cards being possibly not having enough core voltage. I raised mine 5%, ran the heaven benchmark and have completed 1, 2 hour flight. I am almost 8/10's through KMEM-EGSS and everything has been good. My fingers are crossed that this was the issue and it is now resolved with the small bump in core voltage. Before this, I would get the error anytime between 30 minutes and 3 hours. I have not been able to run the sim this long (going over 7 hours) without the dxgi hung or dxgi removed error. For those who are receiving this error and you own a factory overclocked card, you may give this a try. I am not saying this has fixed mine, but so far it looks good. I will report back if I get another error. 

https://ibb.co/bOtk19

Edited by comair25

4 hours ago, comair25 said:

Reading other forums about the DXGI errors and other games, I came across a post about factory overclocked cards being possibly not having enough core voltage. I raised mine 5%, ran the heaven benchmark and have completed 1, 2 hour flight. I am almost 8/10's through KMEM-EGSS and everything has been good. My fingers are crossed that this was the issue and it is now resolved with the small bump in core voltage. Before this, I would get the error anytime between 30 minutes and 3 hours. I have not been able to run the sim this long (going over 7 hours) without the dxgi hung or dxgi removed error. For those who are receiving this error and you own a factory overclocked card, you may give this a try. I am not saying this has fixed mine, but so far it looks good. I will report back if I get another error. 

Well??? Did you make it!

23 hours ago, joepoway said:

As I said looks like you’ve tried everything.

I’m wondering if you kept your last video card prior to your latest build, I have my last two Nvidia cards from when I upgraded. My current card being an over clocked 1070. Since you can’t “borrow” a 1080 to swap out do you have an old reasonably powerful card you could try and  then delete the config file to let it reset settings to minimum levels for that card to see if you can light switch the problem?

Still just wondering if there is something up with your video card?

Again good luck to you and sorry I (we) can’t be of more help.

Joe

Afraid I sold my previous GTX980. I rarely sell old hardware as not worth the hastle but it would have been good if I still had it. I do have an old 480 card. I've deleted cfg many times and had crashes even on a fresh install of the SIM with no changes to the display settings etc

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

7 hours ago, comair25 said:

I have tried plus 100% and plus 50% in voltage and both trigger crashes quickly. Even reducing the core and memory clock speeds to non factory overclocked speeds in 1080ti crashes SIM. I will try 5% but doubt it will help me

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

8 hours ago, garymcginnis said:

Well??? Did you make it!

I did make it. No problems. BUT today I tried KIAD-KSEA in the FSlabs Bus. Just over halfway through the flight while playing with Twitch, DXGI Hung. FML. I am beginning to see a trend though. Every time I get the error, I am out of the sim doing something. I should also add that every time I get a DXGI crash, I am flying the FSlabs Airbus.

Edited by comair25

Evga has offered me an RMA for my 1080ti hybrid. I'm about to take then up on the offer just to see. I have gtx 780 laying around. I may try that card too and see if I can still get the error.

6 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I have tried plus 100% and plus 50% in voltage and both trigger crashes quickly. Even reducing the core and memory clock speeds to non factory overclocked speeds in 1080ti crashes SIM. I will try 5% but doubt it will help me

Chris

Chris

I'm a bit confused you say you've increased your default voltage setting by 100% and 50% I believe this is not what you actually meant to say since that would be a doubling of the voltage compared to the 5-10% increase I suggested and the other individual found to be useful.

Joe

6 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Chris

I'm a bit confused you say you've increased your default voltage setting by 100% and 50% I believe this is not what you actually meant to say since that would be a doubling of the voltage compared to the 5-10% increase I suggested and the other individual found to be useful.

Joe

Yes it is what I meant. I have tried adjusting core voltage to the max Afterburner allows..+100% and I've also tried it at +50%. Given it still crashed for Comair25 we can rule that out as a fix. I've dug out an old Gtx480 card which I will fit. Nightmare getting access into my pc due to the desk and cables plus won't be capable of testing like for like. Only way I can connect is hdmi instead of display port and old card doesn't support 4k. I'll quickly try 5-10% before changing cards

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

18 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Yes it is what I meant. I have tried adjusting core voltage to the max Afterburner allows..+100% and I've also tried it at +50%. Given it still crashed for Comair25 we can rule that out as a fix. I've dug out an old Gtx480 card which I will fit. Nightmare getting access into my pc due to the desk and cables plus won't be capable of testing like for like. Only way I can connect is hdmi instead of display port and old card doesn't support 4k. I'll quickly try 5-10% before changing cards

Chris

Good luck, I have a good overclocked GTX 670 card in case I ever have to swap.

Joe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

Good luck, I have a good overclocked GTX 670 card in case I ever have to swap.

Joe

I returned gpu settings to default (from reduced Power Limit of 75%), raised Core Voltage by +10%, sim crashed after about an hour 😞

Will stick the ancient GTX480 in it tomorrow night and test

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I returned gpu settings to default (from reduced Power Limit of 75%), raised Core Voltage by +10%, sim crashed after about an hour 😞

Will stick the ancient GTX480 in it tomorrow night and test

Chris

I feel your pain Chris, I wish you the best. You might want to delete your shaders and cfg files after installing the "high powered" GTX480. Your settings will rebuild at a very low level but you're just interested in seeing if you can light switch off the DXGI crash.

Joe