Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

DXGI Prepar3d V4 Help!!

Just tried another flight with the FSLab Bus. DXGI Hung 3 hours in. I know I need to dig that 780 out and try it, its just having to go downstairs and pull it out of the old comp.

EDIT.. just ran the card in debug mode. Nothing changed and still got the error.

Edited by comair25

16 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

For those having these issues, what windows 10 update are you using?

I got Device Hung crashes on a test setup using Windows 8.1 so it is not a Windows 10 issue. Windows 10 brings out updates at least once a week.

My son is home from university this weekend so I've talked him into bringing his gtx1080 which I will test instead of my 1080ti

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

32 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I got Device Hung crashes on a test setup using Windows 8.1 so it is not a Windows 10 issue. Windows 10 brings out updates at least once a week.

My son is home from university this weekend so I've talked him into bringing his gtx1080 which I will test instead of my 1080ti

Chris

Like I meant build version. I was just curious since I have all w10 updates disabled via a few hacks.

1 hour ago, garymcginnis said:

Like I meant build version. I was just curious since I have all w10 updates disabled via a few hacks.

I got them in a current build and also a 1703 build with updates immediately disabled after the OS was installed

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

4 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I got them in a current build and also a 1703 build with updates immediately disabled after the OS was installed

Ok

Right, I borrowed my son's GTX1080 on Saturday.  Fitted it, reinstalled the drivers, cleared the shaders.  Ran on default clock speeds, power limit etc...and it ran fine.  In fact performance seemed better than the 1080ti.  Left sim running for 6 hours and no crash.  Not extensive tests as I had to give it back as he was returning back to University today.  Plugged my 1080ti back in, tried the new driver..DXGI crash within 5 mins with default clock speeds.  Installed 399.24 which was working fine with a reduced Power Limit of 75% but tested it at 100%..crashed in 15 mins.  So it does appear either my 1080ti has some tiny fault which no other software is detecting except Prepar3D or Prepar3D cannot deal with my particular card (as all cards I imagine are different like cpus, even if the same model).  I dont know what to do, doubt Amazon would accept a return as it is 11 months old and I dont fancy paying £20 plus pounds for registered post which probably cant even compensate for the value of the card

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

7 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Right, I borrowed my son's GTX1080 on Saturday.  Fitted it, reinstalled the drivers, cleared the shaders.  Ran on default clock speeds, power limit etc...and it ran fine.  In fact performance seemed better than the 1080ti.  Left sim running for 6 hours and no crash.  Not extensive tests as I had to give it back as he was returning back to University today.  Plugged my 1080ti back in, tried the new driver..DXGI crash within 5 mins with default clock speeds.  Installed 399.24 which was working fine with a reduced Power Limit of 75% but tested it at 100%..crashed in 15 mins.  So it does appear either my 1080ti has some tiny fault which no other software is detecting except Prepar3D or Prepar3D cannot deal with my particular card (as all cards I imagine are different like cpus, even if the same model).  I dont know what to do, doubt Amazon would accept a return as it is 11 months old and I dont fancy paying £20 plus pounds for registered post which probably cant even compensate for the value of the card

Chris

Chris

I thought this was your issue based on all you had done in your testing.

I have a friend that was having a similar issue with DXGI crashes with his 1080ti but he was also having some full BSOD crashes. We determined his CPU voltage needed to be increased to handle his 5.2 GHz overclock.

After bumping his CPU voltage up he no longer had any BSOD CPU crashes and ironically he stopped having DXGI errors as well.

I'm wondering if there's a chance you may have a power supply issue feeding your 1080ti card and perhaps the GTX1080 didn't require the same amount of power and therefore it ran OK?

So my assumption would be you have a problem with your 1080ti or a problem with insufficient or "unclean stable" power being supplied to it. I'm not sure what the power consumption delta between the two cards is but if it's significant that could point to a power supply issue. Perhaps you could download the free version of 3DMark and stress test your graphics card to verify a card issue. There may be better software out there to test your 1080ti I'm just not familiar with them.

Good luck and contact Amazon anyway to see what they say it is under 1 year old.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

16 hours ago, joepoway said:

Chris

I thought this was your issue based on all you had done in your testing.

I have a friend that was having a similar issue with DXGI crashes with his 1080ti but he was also having some full BSOD crashes. We determined his CPU voltage needed to be increased to handle his 5.2 GHz overclock.

After bumping his CPU voltage up he no longer had any BSOD CPU crashes and ironically he stopped having DXGI errors as well.

I'm wondering if there's a chance you may have a power supply issue feeding your 1080ti card and perhaps the GTX1080 didn't require the same amount of power and therefore it ran OK?

So my assumption would be you have a problem with your 1080ti or a problem with insufficient or "unclean stable" power being supplied to it. I'm not sure what the power consumption delta between the two cards is but if it's significant that could point to a power supply issue. Perhaps you could download the free version of 3DMark and stress test your graphics card to verify a card issue. There may be better software out there to test your 1080ti I'm just not familiar with them.

Good luck and contact Amazon anyway to see what they say it is under 1 year old.

Joe

Hi Joe, the 1080 card only needed a single 8 pin power cable, my Ti needs an 8 and a 6 pin.  The card has been well and truly stress tested using the Heaven, Valley and Superposition Benchmark tools by Unigine.  It was also stress tested with Furmark and ran Destiny 2 flawlessly on extreme settings at 4k resolution.  All this leaves me confused how it could be the gpu etc 😞 PSU is 1000W OCZ Gold which is only a couple of years old.  Earlier this yr I did get a warning when I tried booting that the gpu needed power cables connected..of course they were connected.  Got message a couple of times then it booted fine.  I changed the cables and the ports they plug into on the psu (its modular) and havent had the error since.  Absolute nightmare rewiring a psu with cable management so hoping its not that.  Have been toying with a new 9900K build so might wait till then.  Might send Amazon a message about gpu see what they say

Chris

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

1 hour ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Hi Joe, the 1080 card only needed a single 8 pin power cable, my Ti needs an 8 and a 6 pin.  The card has been well and truly stress tested using the Heaven, Valley and Superposition Benchmark tools by Unigine.  It was also stress tested with Furmark and ran Destiny 2 flawlessly on extreme settings at 4k resolution.  All this leaves me confused how it could be the gpu etc 😞 PSU is 1000W OCZ Gold which is only a couple of years old.  Earlier this yr I did get a warning when I tried booting that the gpu needed power cables connected..of course they were connected.  Got message a couple of times then it booted fine.  I changed the cables and the ports they plug into on the psu (its modular) and havent had the error since.  Absolute nightmare rewiring a psu with cable management so hoping its not that.  Have been toying with a new 9900K build so might wait till then.  Might send Amazon a message about gpu see what they say

Chris

You sure have had a tough issue.

I'm surprised your card would fail running P3D but it would pass a stress test run immediately after the P3D failure, very strange if it's a GPU and/or power supply issue.

I'm looking forward to my 9900K build as I'm still running a 6 year old  i5-2500K and I'll be looking into a 1080ti or the 2080 card although my GTX 1070 has been a champ with no issues.

Good luck I'm just about out of ideas

Joe 

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I have the chance to try a 1080 founders card or an ASUS 1080ti. Based on what others have said, I'm leaning towards the 1080.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, garymcginnis said:

I have the chance to try a 1080 founders card or an ASUS 1080ti. Based on what others have said, I'm leaning towards the 1080.

Thoughts?

Settled on a PNY 1080. Just to test. We will see. This hobby is such a money pit.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:14 PM, cj-ibbotson said:

Afraid I sold my previous GTX980. I rarely sell old hardware as not worth the hastle but it would have been good if I still had it. I do have an old 480 card. I've deleted cfg many times and had crashes even on a fresh install of the SIM with no changes to the display settings etc

Chris

Hi

Ive been following your posts (here and in LM forums). My GPU is the GTX980 and I too have the same DXGI error.

Windows 10. No overclocking. Both CPU and GPU by defaults. The crash is happening very randomly but mostly during dusk!

No tweak whatsoever. No NI. Have tested older drivers and the reg entries too. It keeps crashing at dusk! Shadow quality and distance both set to minimum = crash.

GPU passes stress test. Temps are cool. Other latest games run great, no problems.

Very frustrating as I'm running out of options too. 

Following your steps!...

19 minutes ago, Miguel737NG said:

No tweak whatsoever. No NI. Have tested older drivers and the reg entries too. It keeps crashing at dusk! Shadow quality and distance both set to minimum = crash.

GPU passes stress test. Temps are cool. Other latest games run great, no problems.

This proves, beyond reasonable doubt, there is no solution to this problem.  I mean, you have done nothing.  No tweaks, no overclock of the GPU, just the default.  No incompatible textures too.  It cannot be LM's P3D or we would all be getting this error.  Your only possible solution is to completely reformat your HDD and reinstall Windows 10 and all of your software because thousands have the 1080ti and the same configuration and are not getting this error.  You did something wrong somewhere and the only solution is to reformat your drive(s) and start all over again.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

This proves, beyond reasonable doubt, there is no solution to this problem.  I mean, you have done nothing.  No tweaks, no overclock of the GPU, just the default.  No incompatible textures too.  It cannot be LM's P3D or we would all be getting this error.  Your only possible solution is to completely reformat your HDD and reinstall Windows 10 and all of your software because thousands have the 1080ti and the same configuration and are not getting this error.  You did something wrong somewhere and the only solution is to reformat your drive(s) and start all over again.

With due respect Jim blaming user error is utter rubbish. I've been simming for 15 years, am extremely proficient in building pcs and installing operating systems and software. Personally I did nothing wrong. Whilst it's increasingly looking like it's not Prepar3D per se it is certainly having a hissy fit with some hardware. Like Miguel my 1080ti works perfectly fine in all other scenarios, I can even set core voltage and power limits to their max, increase core and memory speeds on stress tests but can I do that with P3D? No it throws it's toys out of the pram and crashes. Like I've said 100s times it even crashes with every piece of hardware on default, every piece of software on default, default SIM installation, fresh Windows etc etc. Yet the same system worked fine when I did trials with my son's 1080 which rules out an installation problem, I didn't have to reduce the GPU power limit it ran no problem at 100% and high SIM settings. Just like CPUs ALL graphics cards are different and capable of different clock speeds etc even if the same model.

Sick of this brush off about this major problem as 100s of people have these crashes. Are we all to play Russian Roulette each time we spend £700 on a new GPU hoping it won't crash the SIM? For all the size of the market I recon that's why LM refuse to even acknowledge why the SIM is crashing. 

Chris

• Like 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson