Sign in to follow this  
kmax59

P4AO - Groups feature request

Hello !

I'm using Addon organizer and really like it, that said I'm still using scenery config editor alongide P4AO for its group management which is still better in my opinion.
Of course, I know this tool is freeware and is already a very nice and powerful one, but I think a few things could be enhanced on the group management:

• It would be great to be able to enable/disable some entries inside a group, without enabling/disabling all of the sceneries of the group.
  • In the group page, being able to see which scenery entry is not assigned to any group would be very useful to build groups and/or update them, the current view is also good if you want to add a scenery in several group so it would be great to have both options (All sceneries not in this groups / All sceneries not assigned to any group).

If this is ever done, I think you'd have the perfect tool to organize the sceneries.

Thanks for reading and for the great freewares :-)
Best regards,

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

On ‎24‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 10:55 PM, kmax59 said:

Hello !

I'm using Addon organizer and really like it, that said I'm still using scenery config editor alongide P4AO for its group management which is still better in my opinion.
Of course, I know this tool is freeware and is already a very nice and powerful one, but I think a few things could be enhanced on the group management:

• It would be great to be able to enable/disable some entries inside a group, without enabling/disabling all of the sceneries of the group.
  • In the group page, being able to see which scenery entry is not assigned to any group would be very useful to build groups and/or update them, the current view is also good if you want to add a scenery in several group so it would be great to have both options (All sceneries not in this groups / All sceneries not assigned to any group).

If this is ever done, I think you'd have the perfect tool to organize the sceneries.

Thanks for reading and for the great freewares :-)
Best regards,

Hi,

I am not sure about the first request, I would have to implement a separate activation mechanism and a method to show you which sceneries are active&enabled/disabled and which aren't. I thought that this scenario could be solved by just creating different groups...

But I have implemented the second one. And you can now reference other groups too, not only sceneries.

Version 1.32 b02 is available for download now.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks a lot @Lorby_SI !

I just gave it a try and that's a very nice addition, I think I'm finally going to try using it completely and drop SCE.

About the first request, I think it would be useful if you manage your group by country. This is what I do, and in one single country, there are sometimes a lot, I mean A LOT of sceneries and I don't always want to activate all of them in order to reduce loading times and microstutters, being able to enable a complete group and then unselect a few things inside the same group seems convenient to me.

That said, I understand the matter you exposed, if you ever find a nice way to do it, it could be a great addition, and if not, that's already a great tool, especially with the feature you just added :)

Best regards

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects