Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

A New Take On the CJ2 GTN 750 Integration

Hi all I just wanted to share my version of the GTN 750 integration for the CJ2.  Though I'm not a fan of the current mod that is available, I am a fan of some of the techniques Bert and Raymar used to get it to work.  I guess I'm of the minor (very minor) few who actually wanted to maintain as much of the cj2s original systems as possible with this integration.  For example, I didn't want to lose the glare shield annunciator light panel's original state (don't like the engine instruments up there even if you can switch between the two).  I also wanted the CDU to still work (in all its limited glory).  The later was simply so I had two sources of navigation for over water flights....

Of course I needed Berts help to get that stinking nav button working correctly and unfortunately with my integration I have yet to figure out how to get the 750's Direct To button to work....(Honestly I don't even know where its click spot is LOL).  Anyways here's how I integrated the gtn 750.  Definitely not a perfect work of art but good enough for me LOL! Special thanks to @raymar and @Bert Pieke

CJ2GTN_zpstumto6sc.jpg

CJ2GTN1_zpsjpik4vxv.jpg

CJ2GTN2_zpsqv3lmy1y.jpg

• Upvote 2

Jevon 

Looks nice..

If you are not using the buttons alongside of the GTN surround, you can repurpose one of them and use it to trigger a little xml routine..

<Gauge Name="ToggleDirectTo" Version="1.0">
   <Image Name="blank.bmp"/>
      <Mouse>
       <Area Left="0" Top="0" Width="53" Height="34">
        <Cursor Type="Hand" />
         <Click Kind="LeftSingle + LeftRelease" >
             1 (>L:BUFFER_BTN_FMC,number)
    (M:Event) 'LeftSingle'  scmp 0 == if{ 0x0001FA03 (>L:F1GTNMOUSE, bool) }
             (M:Event) 'LeftRelease'  scmp 0 == if{ 0x0001FA04 (>L:F1GTNMOUSE, bool) }
          </Click>
       </Area>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>

blank.bmp is just a small empty (black) square.. not even sure it is needed..

• Like 1

Bert

16 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Looks nice..

If you are not using the buttons alongside of the GTN surround, you can repurpose one of them and use it to trigger a little xml routine..

<Mouse>
        <Cursor Type="Hand" />
          </Click>
       </Area>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>

Wow Bert Thanks!  One question, where do I put that?

Edited by Novej757

Jevon 

1. You create an xml text file with the above content and call it "ToggleDirectTo.xml"

2. You create a subfolder to your panel folder and call it, say "CustomCJ2"

3. You drop the xml file and the bmp file in the new subfolder

4. In the panel.cfg file you add a line:

gaugexx=CustomCJ2!ToggleDirectTo, x, y, w,h

the location to match up with some gauge area in the panel where clicks are allowed..

BTW, the line

is meant to trigger a Carenado click sound.. you may adapt it if the CJ2 uses different names..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

1. You create an xml text file with the above content and call it "ToggleDirectTo.xml"

2. You create a subfolder to your panel folder and call it, say "CustomCJ2"

3. You drop the xml file and the bmp file in the new subfolder

4. In the panel.cfg file you add a line:

gaugexx=CustomCJ2!ToggleDirectTo, x, y, w,h

the location to match up with some gauge area in the panel where clicks are allowed..

BTW, the line

is meant to trigger a Carenado click sound.. you may adapt it if the CJ2 uses different names..

I knew that I was just testing you!    Yeah I didn't know that LOL  Creating it now!  Thank you so much Bert!

Jevon 

Hey @Bert Pieke I figured it out.  Turns out i was using F1GTN vs F1GTNVC in my panel.cfg entry!  Yellow Circle is my new Direct To button!  Thanks again

cj2gtn4_zpsrerpwtex.jpg

Jevon 

So I used @raymar engine gauges and decided to place them where they appear on the real jet.  Hey @Bert Pieke is there a way to just display the map portion of the GTN 750 without all the comm stuff at the top? 

GTNCJ26_zpsyriihwr5.jpg

Jevon 

Hi Folks,

While I GREATLY appreciate the "mod squads" efforts on this plane - putting the engine instruments on the annunciator panel wasn't my favorite solution either... Thanks for the additional efforts - maybe it's time to blow the cobwebs off this old bird ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

18 hours ago, Novej757 said:

So I used @raymar engine gauges and decided to place them where they appear on the real jet.  Hey @Bert Pieke is there a way to just display the map portion of the GTN 750 without all the comm stuff at the top? 

GTNCJ26_zpsyriihwr5.jpg

I do not own the cj2, but what happens if you move the gtn up a bit? It looks like you had that solved before, with the gtn at the top..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not own the cj2, but what happens if you move the gtn up a bit? It looks like you had that solved before, with the gtn at the top..

Yeah not really.  The GTN will bleed through the engine displays with a horrible flashing effect that will give small children and old ppl epileptic seizures.  I was able to do it with the first set up because the gtn couldn't bleed through the vc.  So just moving it up works in that case.  Is there anyway to assign display priorities to gauges so one will display on top of another?  I have soooo much to learn!

Jevon 

6 minutes ago, Novej757 said:

Yeah not really.  The GTN will bleed through the engine displays with a horrible flashing effect that will give small children and old ppl epileptic seizures.  I was able to do it with the first set up because the gtn couldn't bleed through the vc.  So just moving it up works in that case.  Is there anyway to assign display priorities to gauges so one will display on top of another?  I have soooo much to learn!

Not sure that can be worked out.. As you have discovered, you can use the edges to cut off part of the gtn... but overlapping two gauges is not going to result in a good outcome..

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure that can be worked out.. As you have discovered, you can use the edges to cut off part of the gtn... but overlapping two gauges is not going to result in a good outcome..

Do you know how @raymar separated the engine gauges from the original MFD?  Or did he just make an all new gauge?

Jevon 

On 25/03/2018 at 12:07 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Looks nice..

<Mouse>
        <Cursor Type="Hand" />
          </Click>
       </Area>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>

Hi Bert have appreciated the work you do for the community for a while and use a few of your MODs...  great that you can write XML code as well,  in that vein,  would it be possible to rewrite that script to be used by a Joystk Button rather than a mouse.  

If it can be done then I thought that I could adapt it for the   Car Phenom 100 -  VS and FLC - buttons to use then on my buttonbox.  I have spent days trying to configure them via the LVARS but too many of them. So I saw this and thought if I can assign the  -Button-  as an event to the  -Script-  instead of the  -Mouse Event- ...   possible?

aero

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png