Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

A New Take On the CJ2 GTN 750 Integration

11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jevon,

A manual - LOL - what a first class operation you have there...

:cool:

Regards,
Scott

Its actually annoying me to no end.  Thinking about just giving you guys a simple installation  document and calling it a day LOL

Edited by Novej757

Jevon 

Hi Jevon,

Yeah - I hear yah - I've let uploads stagnate for a long time because I couldn't get motivated to put together the upload package and write the instructions... Simple readme should be fine for most - the rest we can sort on the forum - just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jevon,

Yeah - I hear yah - I've let uploads stagnate for a long time because I couldn't get motivated to put together the upload package and write the instructions... Simple readme should be fine for most - the rest we can sort on the forum - just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Scott

Well there it is.  Simple Read me it will be!!!!

• Like 1

Jevon 

CJ2Plus_zpsn93xmxyl.jpg

UPDATE 6/20/18

That's right she is finally available.  Everyone who has pm'd their emails you should have an email from me with your installation link.  Some of you may have two emails from me.  You know who you are and I explained why in the second email LOL.  Everyone else, if you only have one email from me you should be good.  I am really looking forward to hearing what you guys think of version 1, so please leave me some feedback here (even if its just to tell me how much it sucks LOL).  Anyone seeing this thread for the first time if you would like a copy of this CJ2 mod shoot me a Personal Message here with a good email address for me to send the mod to.    I do expect there may be some issues found.  Please shoot me a PM with any issues you may be having.and we'll work together to figure out where the problem lies.  Other than that I hope you guys like her.  I'll be standing by for technical support...........

Oh one more thing, after we get all the initial bugs ironed out with the CJ2+  I'll get back to working on the regular CJ2.  As I mentioned before, the beauty of this mod is you will get two for the price of one......which is FREE dollars USD!  

HOTFIX 1 HAS BEEN ISSUED PLEASE SEE THE EMAIL YOU PROVIDED ME

Edited by Novej757

Jevon 

UPDATE 6/21/18

****THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE WANTING TO USE THIS MOD****

Ok the initial release was a total failure LOL!   Between my own forgetfulness, issues with dual file names in drop box and more there has been nothing but one problem after another.  SO.....I am issuing a MAJOR UPDATE for EVERYONE.  Trust me if your flying this bird right now, you have problems that this update should correct.  Im keeping my fingers crossed as I've gotten word that she may not function in Prepared Version 4........However, I think I know why, and it has everything to do with the last update I sent out.....HOPEFULLY!  So with that being said....

IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING THE MOD  AND HOTFIX THAT I'VE ALREADY SENT OUT STOP!!!!! YOU WILL ALL BE RECEIVING AN EMAIL FROM ME WITH A HOPEFULLY PROPERLY FUNCTIONING MOD HERE IN THE NEXT HOUR OR SO!!!!!

Clearly I was in such a hurry to get her to you I failed to give the production version a proper shakedown......Of course the test version works flawlessly on my machine LOL!!! 

I'm pretty confident this next update should resolve most if not all the issues that have been reported thus far.....SO STAY TUNED!!!  OH and those of you who have sent requests you will be getting your copy too!

Edited by Novej757
  • Upvote 1

Jevon 

CJ2Plus5_zpsycmaszn6.jpg

CJ2Plus2_zpsxdywfdsn.jpg

CJ2Plus4_zpsnvkfjpcw.jpg

UPDATE 6/22/18

Well the sun has set and it is a new day.   with the new day comes a new release of the CJ2+ GTN 750 mod.  I had A LOT of things to fix in these first 24 hours, but I have nobody to blame but myself.  Everyone who was sent the original release should all have an email with the newest version.  Those of you who have requested a copy I will be sending yours out next.  I really hope I have finally addressed most of the issues that were found in that initial release.  In all honesty I had no business releasing it when I did.  However, this version was put through a battery of tests and hopefully she won't let me down. 

We will have to verify if this works in P3D V4 though.....I'm honestly not sure it will, but I should receive some feedback pretty quickly to confirm.  I'm really excited for you guys to see what she can do.  I hope I've finally provided you with what you'll need in order to do so!  Lastly, there is A LOT in the read me file you don't need to read any of the sections that say "Optional" (I would like you to but I understand) but PLEASE read the sections that don't including the installation instructions as some things have changed.  I completely removed my test bird from my system and am now flying the very version I have or will send to you.  So this way I can provide better support and we are all on the same page.  Hopefully from this point on I will get only good news from you all...............(now we wait)

Jevon

Jevon 

Thank you Jevon for your modification.  Frankly, I have to admit to some confusion.  I have been flying her in P3D v4.2 since your release of 06/20.  Even though, I had no problems, I applied your HF as requested and did not observe any change.  I have completed 2 flights on VATSIM of approx 2 hours each and she has performed flawlessly.  Since no one has posted here or in the emails as to what the problem(s) were, I am "happily" at a loss. 

The only thing I noticed was I do not hear any increase in fan noise and I made sure the switches were "on" as required.  Needless to say this is a VERY minor thing.

I love the CJ2+ and I await my Easter Egg !!  Thanks 😊

WAT1460.png

5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Thank you Jevon for your modification.  Frankly, I have to admit to some confusion.  I have been flying her in P3D v4.2 since your release of 06/20.  Even though, I had no problems, I applied your HF as requested and did not observe any change.  I have completed 2 flights on VATSIM of approx 2 hours each and she has performed flawlessly.  Since no one has posted here or in the emails as to what the problem(s) were, I am "happily" at a loss. 

The only thing I noticed was I do not hear any increase in fan noise and I made sure the switches were "on" as required.  Needless to say this is a VERY minor thing.

I love the CJ2+ and I await my Easter Egg !!  Thanks 😊

Hi Vince,

You were apart of the original release.  So for the most part it worked, but as you have already found there were some issues including a problem with the sounds.  Go ahead and remove your current version and install the one i sent you this morning.  If you like your current version then you will really like the update 😉

In the second link I sent out as a replacement to your version for some reason Dropbox dropped the contents of the folder that you installed in your Gauges folder......the new update now has two folders that go in there by the way......So one of the members who tested it (a p3d v4 user had missing gauges all light related)  I assumed it was a p3d issue until I found the issue with that zip.  This meant everyone not just p3d users had that issue with that version.

So trust me the update will address issues that you know about and others you may not be aware of....for example...can you see the localizer/glide slope scales and dots on the pfd when doing an ILS approach?  You shouldn't be able to....in the update you can😉

I still have some more requests to send mods to today.  Once everyone in my pm have recieved it then the eggs will go out!

Edited by Novej757
  • Like 1

Jevon 

I've been flying Jevon's mod since it was first released this week using FSX-SE. While Carenado certainly makes a pretty airplane, their attention to technical detail has always been...well, you know the story.

After working through a few minor issues with sounds and Nav functions, he's gotten us a mod that really makes the CJ2 fun to fly. Fitting the map display inside the MFD along with the engine gauges works out nicely for the 1920x1080 resolution I'm running. Getting the de-icing system to work is impressive. The bleed air and AC sounds add a lot to the immersion factor. I'm still trying to figure out for myself how much of the default FMS I want to keep using or maybe just ignore it and the "Flight Plan Not Loaded" message. There's really nothing going on with the FMS that the GTN doesn't handle itself. I'm sure there's a happy compromise somewhere to be found. I'm also really enjoying the tweaked air file. I'm not sure if a real CJ2 could fly from Valdosta, Ga to Telluride, Co but it was cool to simulate it. 🙂 

I'm totally impressed at how Jevon has taken a medicore technical model (Carenado) and fused it with an outstanding product (Flight1 GTN 750) to essentially make it a CJ2 worth spending the money on. We've been in contact throughout the week concerning details here and there. I really appreciate Jevon's willingness to tackle such a large project and be so accommodating in accepting critiques and suggestions (not to mention implementing them). I joked with him that whatever Carenado is paying him, it isn't enough. Seriously, I'm sure this cat has a busy enough life outside of simming (like we all do), so the time and great effort he's taken to make this a better product for the rest of us is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jevon. And thanks also to Bert and Ray and all the others who do this stuff for the enjoyment of it. If it weren't for folks like you, flight simming would have died a long time ago. Cheers!

Brian

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

29 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

I've been flying Jevon's mod since it was first released this week using FSX-SE. While Carenado certainly makes a pretty airplane, their attention to technical detail has always been...well, you know the story.

After working through a few minor issues with sounds and Nav functions, he's gotten us a mod that really makes the CJ2 fun to fly. Fitting the map display inside the MFD along with the engine gauges works out nicely for the 1920x1080 resolution I'm running. Getting the de-icing system to work is impressive. The bleed air and AC sounds add a lot to the immersion factor. I'm still trying to figure out for myself how much of the default FMS I want to keep using or maybe just ignore it and the "Flight Plan Not Loaded" message. There's really nothing going on with the FMS that the GTN doesn't handle itself. I'm sure there's a happy compromise somewhere to be found. I'm also really enjoying the tweaked air file. I'm not sure if a real CJ2 could fly from Valdosta, Ga to Telluride, Co but it was cool to simulate it. 🙂 

I'm totally impressed at how Jevon has taken a medicore technical model (Carenado) and fused it with an outstanding product (Flight1 GTN 750) to essentially make it a CJ2 worth spending the money on. We've been in contact throughout the week concerning details here and there. I really appreciate Jevon's willingness to tackle such a large project and be so accommodating in accepting critiques and suggestions (not to mention implementing them). I joked with him that whatever Carenado is paying him, it isn't enough. Seriously, I'm sure this cat has a busy enough life outside of simming (like we all do), so the time and great effort he's taken to make this a better product for the rest of us is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jevon. And thanks also to Bert and Ray and all the others who do this stuff for the enjoyment of it. If it weren't for folks like you, flight simming would have died a long time ago. Cheers!

Brian

Wow Brian that post just made my day!!!  Thank you so much.  Ladies and gents I can't take all the credit here....Brian alone called my attention to a good 90 percent of the issues found in the initial release so I must also tip my hat to you good sir.   He is also right with the last part..... @Bert Pieke, @rcbarend and @raymar and crew......this mod would not be possible with out the help of you three gentlemen.  So round of applause to you too! 🍻  Everyone who has sent me a request should now have an email with a link to the mod.  If you are interested in getting it send me a pm with an email to send it to.  

Brian and everyone please stretch her legs out, like I said a while ago the airfile still needs some tweaking, You do have a little more range than the real aircraft but power should be very close to the real thing.  

Lastly lets make this a community mod just like the first.  Please leave some feedback for me and others here.  If you have some ideas share them... More updates will be coming down the pipeline, and the CJ2 is still in the works......Remember the CJ2 was pretty friendly from Carenado in the performance department, my plan is to try and dial her down a little while still keeping her fun........so stay tuned.

Brian thank you once again for this post good sir!

• Upvote 1

Jevon 

I absolutely agree with the comments provided by previous posts.  I've been driving the Carenado CJ2 (now CJ2+ !!!) using P3d V4.2 along with Active Sky / ASCA / Rex 3d SkyForce / ChasePlane....and a bunch of scenery addons from ORBX and airport scenery developers......no problems at all using the IMPRESSIVE latest mod.  This is a fantastic addition and thanks again to Jevon and others who contributed so much to the creation of this GTN mod.

One note I'll mention....with respect to the checklist......I believe that there is a bug in the GTN Complete software that prevents the checklist page from showing up in the GTN 750 under utilities.

I've opened Jevon's checklist using the GTN trainer (latest available version) and it works perfectly.  I just can't get the GTN 750 in the CJ2 (or any of my other aircraft that use the GTN 750) to recognize the checklist. I have the latest version of P3d V4.2 installed along with the latest version of the GTN Complete software from Flight1.

I believe that this a known issue with the Flight1 GTN complete software (along with the absent tab for importing flight plans into the unit) in P3d V4.2.  Supposedly this is being worked on at Flight1 and will be fixed with some future update, hopefully.  I only mention this item because it was featured in a YouTube video posted within the last month showcasing Jevon's mod.

Again great work Jevon.

Blue Skies

• Like 1

Jevon,

Thank you very much for all of the time and effort you put into this project,   I'd also like to thank Bert and Raymar,  and everyone else involved for helping out.. 

I just completed my first flight with the CJ2+, Prepar 3Dv4,   KICT-KBDR  1206nm.  (2740 pounds of fuel burned  total.   Cruise was at FL410) The plane worked flawlessly throughout all phases of the flight.   I programmed both the GTN 750 and the Carenado Proline with the exact same routing to see what would happen.  The CJ2+ followed the flight plan from the GTN unit, however I did put the autopilot in vnav mode and was surprised that it did capture the altitude restrictions I had programmed in the proline 21.  The primary flight display did display waypoint info from both nav devices one on top of the other.  which isn't really an issue as I will only be using the GTN mostly.   Though it is nice to have the option of the proline.  The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to have the GTN as a popup.   I'm sure that i am missing something.  

Thanks again for everything, I'm going to have some fun flying her

Matt

Edited by MattSC1
  • Like 1

Hi Jevon,

Ditto to the comments made by Brian, p3dnerd and Matt - THANK YOU to all those who put this together! We really do appreciate the work that has gone into this.

Kind regards,

Murray

• Like 1

Murray Dreyer