Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

A New Take On the CJ2 GTN 750 Integration

3 hours ago, MattSC1 said:

The primary flight display did display waypoint info from both nav devices one on top of the other.  which isn't really an issue as I will only be using the GTN mostly.   Though it is nice to have the option of the proline.  The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to have the GTN as a popup.   I'm sure that i am missing something.  

Thanks again for everything, I'm going to have some fun flying her

Matt

I will be creating a 2d popup of the gtn in a future update.  I'll also have to look into the information from both nav sources displaying on top of one another.  Though that one may be a little harder to track down a fix for.  Glad she's representing me well 🍻

8 hours ago, p3dnerd said:

I absolutely agree with the comments provided by previous posts.  I've been driving the Carenado CJ2 (now CJ2+ !!!) using P3d V4.2 along with Active Sky / ASCA / Rex 3d SkyForce / ChasePlane....and a bunch of scenery addons from ORBX and airport scenery developers......no problems at all using the IMPRESSIVE latest mod.  This is a fantastic addition and thanks again to Jevon and others who contributed so much to the creation of this GTN mod.

One note I'll mention....with respect to the checklist......I believe that there is a bug in the GTN Complete software that prevents the checklist page from showing up in the GTN 750 under utilities.

I've opened Jevon's checklist using the GTN trainer (latest available version) and it works perfectly.  I just can't get the GTN 750 in the CJ2 (or any of my other aircraft that use the GTN 750) to recognize the checklist. I have the latest version of P3d V4.2 installed along with the latest version of the GTN Complete software from Flight1.

I believe that this a known issue with the Flight1 GTN complete software (along with the absent tab for importing flight plans into the unit) in P3d V4.2.  Supposedly this is being worked on at Flight1 and will be fixed with some future update, hopefully.  I only mention this item because it was featured in a YouTube video posted within the last month showcasing Jevon's mod.

Again great work Jevon.

Blue Skies

Thank you for looking into the checklist issue I hope F1 can get that fixed for you all because I think its a really neat feature.  Thank you both for such awesome feedback.  This is really exciting for me to see that something that was just a personal project for me, is bringing others joy too.  Guys I was literally learning as I went afterall I have very limited coding skills and next to no flight sim modification skills LOL.....  She really is a fun little jet isn't she? LOL

• Like 1

Jevon 

I made my first flight with the CJ2+ (FSX SE + Active Sky 2016) and everything worked great. It is a pleasure to fly it  with so many real life details that take you into an very impressive inmmersion feeling. Personally, I´ve just quit the FMS and used only the GTN for navigation, but that is just a personal preference. I'd like to thank very much Jevon for his remarkably job in makig this project and of course also to @Bert Pieke, @rcbarend  @raymar (outstandig support group!! 😎) and others that help to accomplish this enterprise.

Thank You very much, Jevon. Keep the hard work!

Best Regards,

Roberto

• Like 2

Thank you so much Jevon !  She's wonderful !!

http://2sai813.jpg

Spoiler

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 1

WAT1460.png

UPDATE 6/24/18

NEW HOTFIX ON THE WAY.......

No not the same hotfix from the first release.  Between nearly 40 emails (literally), one 20 minute phone call (literally) and 6 actual hours dedicated just to correcting this between us, I am happy to report that I am 98.76345% sure @Bert Pieke has helped me find the fix for the overlapping PFD data when using the FMS and GTN together. (talk about major run on sentence.....ask me if I care LOL)  I will be doing some test flights tonight, and if everything checks out you all should have an email with the Hotfix sometime tomorrow.  It's literally one file so there will be no need to install a new total update for the mod.  So far initial testing is looking really good!

I would like to especially thank @vcarlo, @Ralvarez232 @mdreyer@MattSC1 @p3dnerd and Star Lord.....Oh wait I'm sorry @Starlifter60 for the awesome feedback on how she's doing for you all.  I would absolutely love to read more, so if you'd like to share your likes dislikes or other please feel free to drop a line here!  I must say I am quite proud of what you guys are using and now that the initial release seems to be stable.....the real fun begins 🙂   I have more ideas for immersion updates, and have even had some requests for features to add from you all.  The CJ2 is also still in the hangar awaiting her maiden flight.  With all that being said, once I get this hot fix out to you guys, and verify that all is well......Im going to take a week or two off from the CJ2.  Between Daddy daycare with my little baby girl, and Daddy day care with my CJ2 little girl on top of my 7 year anniversary coming up here July 4th...I have had no real time to actually fly myself and relax.  So that's what  I'm going to do.

So if you have not got a copy of the mod and think you would like one shoot me a PM with an email to send it to.......I ask that you do it this way because any updates/hotfix I issue I can send out to all of you in one mass email.  Ok  as usual I'm blabbing on too much.  Be looking for the PFD hotfix here very soon.........

Jevon

Oh big shot out to the awesomeness that is Bert one more time!

Jevon 

Wau Jevon you are doing a top job here...... 👍

I will take your Cj2 little girl out fore a little try out flight over the alps right now.

Bruno

Bruno 

Quick update.....so I didn't get a chance to do my test flights last night like I planned.  and it looks like I won't be able to get one in tonight either.  I will try to get one in tomorrow.  If all works I'll try to get the hot fix out to you all by tomorrow evening.....Sorry for the wait, Life happens 🙂

Edited by Novej757

Jevon 

6 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Quick update.....so I didn't get a chance to do my test flights last night like I planned.  and it looks like I won't be able to get one in tonight either.  I will try to get one in tomorrow.  If all works I'll try to get the hot fix out to you all by tomorrow evening.....Sorry for the wait, Life happens 🙂

No worries, family and life in the 3D come first! 

Brian

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

UPDATE 6/27/18

HOT FIX RELEASED

Finally had a chance to really fly her with the new PFD.  I did two flights today LICR to LIML  and LIML to EHAM!  (flying her from Italy back to the states)  I loaded the GTN and FMS on both flights and the PFD worked flawlessly.  No overlapping data (no fms data as it should be) just an overall nice experience.   This was honestly the first time I was able to sit back and just enjoy flying her.  The last few months each flight has been a true test flight (EG each flight had an objective that needed to be met.  Often the flight was never concluded because the goal I had set out for had not yet been achieved.  But I digress.   I did notice a few thing that still bother me mainly her range I might dial up the fuel burn a bit to bring that range down but I don't want to jeapordize how close to the real aircraft she is currently just to dial back the range.....I also thought about tweaking the drag figures but then that would mean I'd also not be able to achieve her ability to keep accelerating, which in turn may cause you to have to throttle back (like real CJ2+ pilots do sometimes).  Other than that I'm really stoked about how well she handled and I can definitely back up what others have said in this thread so far. 

Like I mentioned a few days ago, I'll be around for a few more days, then I'm taking leave from this mod LOL.  I love her but she has occupied  A LOT of my free time which with a little one is not much at all LOL!  I got some other ideas I'd like to look at implementing down the line and I've got to get back on the original CJ2 too. But again I digress.......Guys let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas you may like to see implemented.  Remember.....I'm trying to keep this as true to real life as I can so some features I may or may not add.  The ice detection system was one of those that I almost axed because its not a real system.  I only implemented it because it gave me a chance to practice coding 😄  and I thought it was a cool feature the Premier had (shrug)......

OH one more thing if you did not receive the Hot Fix in the group email let me know, there were a lot of ya'll in that To block.  So its definitely possible I missed somebody.  I've updated the original download too, So anybody who gets the mod for the first time as of today will have the HOT FIX already integrated in their mod......

• Upvote 1

Jevon 

Thanks Jevon, both you and Bert are tenacious!   I didn't think the overlapping data could have been solved.     I can't thank you enough for all you've done.   Hope you have a Happy Anniversary!

Matt

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MattSC1 said:

Thanks Jevon, both you and Bert are tenacious!   I didn't think the overlapping data could have been solved.     I can't thank you enough for all you've done.   Hope you have a Happy Anniversary!

Matt

I really can't thank Bert enough for this.  Rob and Ray put in the same amount of effort to help along the way!  This was my own personal project that truly turned into a community one. I hope everyone can understand why I took so long to release it now.  Like I said, I wasn't going to give you guys anything less than what I was trying to achieve for myself (selfish right??? Lol)  I now have such a deep understanding and appreciation for why companies like PMDG, Qualitywings, Majestic etc take years to put out our favorite projects! 

Jevon 

Thanks Jevon - works a treat! Having 2 young daughters of my own, I find the time and effort you have put into this even more incredible. Of course a huge thanks to Bert, Rob and Ray also. 👍👍

Thanks again mate.

Edited by mdreyer
  • Like 1

Murray Dreyer

UPDATE 7/17/18

HOTFIX #2 ON THE WAY......

Hey all just wanted to stop by and give you all an update.  I'm still kinding relaxing from the mod but I just wanted to let you know before I went on break I made a significant discovery that I'm truly excited to share.  It turns out I was right about Carenado's "extra" range they gave this bird.  If you look in the stock aircrafts own description Carenado has the range rated at 2,000nm 😲 This is on par to the numbers I was seeing during my testing.  I made a quick tweak to the config file and I'm already stoked how close to the real numbers my CJ2 is seeing compared to the real aircraft now!  Once I get back to playing around with her and get this hot fix out to you she will be extremely close to the real aircraft fuel burn wise which as Im sure you all remember was important for me to capture with this mod.

But I'm still just enjoying my time so its not quite ready yet (you should have it by this weekend though).  On another note I am super excited to see all the interest this mod has generated.  I have not had a single person report any problems with the last hot fix update which is awesome.  Thank you again to everyone who has left some feedback on how well (or not so well) the mod has been for you.  If there is anyone else who has recently received it that would also like to share theirs, PLEASE BY ALL MEANS DO IT LOL!!!  

Side note I have had a request that I try to mod the Premier.  If you are interested in that Bert currently has a mod out already available.  As I still have to get you all the CJ2 and school is right around the corner I don't think I'll be taking on the Premier.......yet 😉  However, I am always interested in what requests you guys may have so please shoot those over.  Ok back to my vacation........Be looking for that hotfix in the next couple of days!  

Jevon 

Hi Jevon,

Once again a HUGE thank you for all your efforts - thoroughly enjoying your hard work...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This works great for me. 

Love the Course and heading adjustment Knobs on standby instrument. 

Is there something similar for altitude selection or do we have to shift 3?

Also, is there no way to pop up the GTN - shift or click spot?

Ive read climb speed 235IAS.  Can someone advise me of and guide on climb thrust settings (and cruise and landing)?

Great job. 

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.