Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

A New Take On the CJ2 GTN 750 Integration

On 7/22/2018 at 2:03 AM, Dean33 said:

This works great for me. 

Love the Course and heading adjustment Knobs on standby instrument. 

Is there something similar for altitude selection or do we have to shift 3?

Also, is there no way to pop up the GTN - shift or click spot?

Ive read climb speed 235IAS.  Can someone advise me of and guide on climb thrust settings (and cruise and landing)?

Great job. 

Dean

Hi Dean glad you like the mod.  The Course and heading knobs adjustments came like that from Carenado.  Your stock CJ2 has the same features 😄. I have not yet added anything like that for Altitude or vertical speed though.  You are not the first to suggest/ask about it.  Im not sure how I would implement that as I'm trying to keep this as true to life as possible.  But we'll definitely see.  I also have not created a pop up of the GTN yet.  Though that will be in the works in the next couple of weeks.  Lastly, I'm still trying to figure out how to model the CJ2+ FADEC systems for controlling the engine thrust.  Until I can, this is a pretty simple bird to fly.  Take off at full power and just hold that all the way up (barring ATC lets you climb direct 😉)  As Carenados Vnav/Flight Level Change (FLC) is not very good, I usually will set Flight level change to hold 230kts until I see .58-.60 mach.  At that point I will disengage Flight Level Change, set the vertical speed wheel to what ever vertical speed FLC left the aircraft at, then engage vertical speed.  From then on, I use vertical speed to maintain mach .58-.60 all the way to cruise altitude.  At cruise altitude I keep full power on, only making slight throttle inputs if she starts getting close to max cruise speed (a characteristic the real aircraft is known for too).  I usually cruise at mach .73.  I use vertical speed for descent (-1500 to -2000 fpm).  I like to descend with power slightly on until I reach 270 or so knots in the descent.  But that's just me.  I hope this helps some.

EVERYONE ELSE,

I KNOW I SAID I WOULD BE GETTING HOT FIX 2.0 TO YOU LAST WEEKEND.  GOT KIND OF BUSY WITH LIFE AND WASN'T ABLE TO.  THE PACKAGE IS NOW READY.  SO I WILL BE SENDING IT OUT TO YOU ALL TOMORROW. BARRING NO OTHER DISTRACTIONS ARRIVE. LOL

Jevon 

UPDATE 7/24/18

HOTFIX 2.0 RELEASED

All,

Starting from this point on (unless otherwise stated) please refer to this thread for any Hot Fix links that I create.  We are just starting to get a lot of people in that "To" section of the emails I send out.  I will still email you major updates.....such as the plain CJ2 which I've started working on 😉

Anyone who has received the mod as of this point should have an email from me with the Hot Fix 2.0 link.  If you haven't, please reply here or send me a PM so I know to send it to you.  Anyone who requests the mod after today will receive it with both Hot fix 1.0 and 2.0 already included.  So if you are interested please shoot me over a PM with an email to send it to.  Thanks.

Jevon 

You mean I can't fly from Savannah to San Diego non-stop any more? 🙂 🙂 🙂  Seriously, everything looks great, thanks again for all the hard work!

Brian

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

On 7/25/2018 at 9:11 AM, Starlifter60 said:

You mean I can't fly from Savannah to San Diego non-stop any more? 🙂 🙂 🙂  Seriously, everything looks great, thanks again for all the hard work!

Brian

😄😄😄😄😄  You shouldn't be able to be.  Do me a favor, test it out.  If you make it let me know how much payload you had and your weather conditions.    I tested at max gross weight.  I didn't think to test with just a pilot and tanks totally full. You should not be able to fly it more than 1650 miles.... unless you have a friendly jet stream at your tail (which going westbound never happens) 😁😁😁 

Jevon 

Ok, so here's my test flight with Jevon's newest tweaks.

Flight: KAGS (Augusta Busch Regional) to KTEX (Telluride, Co)
Weather: ASN, Clear, Live Real Time Mode
Distance per flight plan: 1377nm
Fuel: 3705 lbs, PAX/Bags: 1100 lbs. Takeoff weight: 12,500 lbs
FL450, approx: 340 kts, 98.6% N1
Fuel flow at FL450: 330pph - 305pph
Fuel remaining at KTEX: 658lbs / 509nm reserve range / 1:12 flying time

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

On 7/31/2018 at 9:17 PM, Starlifter60 said:

Ok, so here's my test flight with Jevon's newest tweaks.

Flight: KAGS (Augusta Busch Regional) to KTEX (Telluride, Co)
Weather: ASN, Clear, Live Real Time Mode
Distance per flight plan: 1377nm
Fuel: 3705 lbs, PAX/Bags: 1100 lbs. Takeoff weight: 12,500 lbs
FL450, approx: 340 kts, 98.6% N1
Fuel flow at FL450: 330pph - 305pph
Fuel remaining at KTEX: 658lbs / 509nm reserve range / 1:12 flying time

Excellent.  So I noticed a couple of things that really stand out and I guess have actually worked in your favor.  Looking at your cruise speed it looks like you opted for a long range cruise setup as opposed to the high speed one.  High speed (with this setup) simply keeps engines at fire wall all the way up and through the cruise.  This should net you a 400+ kt cruise speed.  Actually closer to 410kts.   With your weights and these conditions, with long range cruise you can actually fly her a little faster.  The book value is about 370 kts at ~660 pph  😉  Another thing is you actually filed a route that is shorter than the aircraft's maximum range, so contrary to what I thought the real aircraft could make this flight.  I need to figure out how to  get a FADEC setup modeled.  The Phenoms and F1 Mustang have excellent examples.  Here's the payload vs range chart I built her performance around (its high speed cruise).  Looking at your numbers here for a long range cruise, with max N1 used instead I think you would have been very close to these numbers.  So I'm thrilled to see that.  Thank you!  

CJ2PlusRange_zpse66hqrcv.jpg

10 hours ago, JLP731 said:

PM sent, awaiting a copy of this! Looks very good!!

Sorry it took so long, been out of town for a wedding.  You should have an email with the link ready to go!

Jevon 

"YUGE" UPDATE 8/3/18

Hello all,

So I just wanted to stop by and share the big news.  In the words of our President "this is gonna be yuge!"  So I will not divulge names, but I am thrilled to tell you we now have a real life real world pilot who just checked out on the CJ2+ sim, flying this mod.  Let me just say, he has provided me a WEALTH of information.....TOO MUCH in fact LOL....I've got to go through it all again, as he bombarded me with this info while I was out of town last week 😄!  Needless to say there are gonna be quite a few hot fixes coming down that will make this mod even more immersive and even more like the real jet!  I'm really excited about this in case you can't tell LOL!

However, this does mean the CJ2 mod will be on hold.  Mainly because a lot of the things I'm going to fix/add will be pertinent to both aircraft.  So this way I can "perfect it" on the CJ2+ and just carry it over to the CJ2!  I'm loving all the interest this has generated and even more so I've had very very few issues brought up to me (even by him)..........so I guess that means you guys like her LOL!   Anyways just wanted to give you this update.  Happy Flying!

Jevon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jevon 

Hi Jevon,

Your dedication is admirable and your work is greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

21 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jevon,

Your dedication is admirable and your work is greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

Thank you for always acknowledging that Scott!  I just want her to be worth all the hard work and enjoyed by you all!

• Like 1

Jevon 

Hi Jevon

As many have said, your work rocks and i totally admire all your hard work put into this. I just did a 2 hr flight with your mod and with great pleasure to say that everything worked like a dream.

Thanks again mate for you dedication and hard work.

Daz

• Like 1

Jevon, this mod looks very brilliant indeed. I know it's crazy to say but I don't have the GTN750 (yet) but the way you've modded the other aircraft systems - de-ice, sounds, performance, etc - I'd love to implement those in my cj2.

Is it possible to do that without the GTN 750 bits?

1 hour ago, ganter said:

Jevon, this mod looks very brilliant indeed. I know it's crazy to say but I don't have the GTN750 (yet) but the way you've modded the other aircraft systems - de-ice, sounds, performance, etc - I'd love to implement those in my cj2.

Is it possible to do that without the GTN 750 bits?

Hi

Just my thoughts but the GTN750 is one of the most essential add-ons if you are into GA or Bizjet Flying.

It is about the cost of a good aircraft addon and will just keep on giving and giving - brilliant value.  Support for occasional issues can sometimes take a little time - but they boast they have never had a problem they couldn't fix.

Dean

• Like 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

1 hour ago, Dean33 said:

Hi

Just my thoughts but the GTN750 is one of the most essential add-ons if you are into GA or Bizjet Flying. 

It is about the cost of a good aircraft addon and will just keep on giving and giving - brilliant value.  Support for occasional issues can sometimes take a little time - but they boast they have never had a problem they couldn't fix.

Dean

Ditto...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7