Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

A New Take On the CJ2 GTN 750 Integration

On 8/31/2018 at 6:23 AM, Novej757 said:

UPDATE 8/30/18 

Hey all, just wanted to give you an update on where I'm at with this project.  Honestly,  between school, my baby girl and this project I am honestly swamped LOL.  So updates won't be coming nearly as fast as they did during the summer.  Honestly, I only work on this when I have time to sit down and just getaway from the crazy life LOL.....  So anyways I'm currently working on creating a pop up of the GTN MFD.  Unfortunately, I've run into a hangup.  Unlike the VC gauges, the 2d gauges have the bezel of the gauge included.  So I can't just resize my modded gauge to fit and get them to appear as if they are "in" the gauge like the VC.  So what that means is you guys may just get a 2d popup of just the screen portion of the MFD.....HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU ALL FEEL?

I've also started to look into some of the annunciations that our pilot friend has told me we should have during various actions in the aircraft.  That's going to be a longer process for sure as Carenado did not even provide the code to turn all of the lights on other then the self test...(sigh).  So please be patient with me this mod has definitely blown up into something I never expected it too.  Honestly guys, I bought Orbx Telluride and I haven't even had a chance to fly my bird into it yet.  I only took the video there for background LOL!!!  So not much to report other than....its SLOOOOooooOOOOOwly coming along.  I'll keep you updated!  Happy Flying.

Screen portion sounds good to me no need for bezel in my opinion

Hello Jevon.  I received your mods the other day and they have been installed into P3D V4.3.  I've had two flights so far, and also a flight without using the mods.  There's no difference.  Your mods work perfectly in P3D V4.  Thank you for your time and effort and willingness to share. 

Regards

Bruce Ross

Bruce Ross

2 hours ago, Meeko said:

Hello Jevon.  I received your mods the other day and they have been installed into P3D V4.3.  I've had two flights so far, and also a flight without using the mods.  There's no difference.  Your mods work perfectly in P3D V4.  Thank you for your time and effort and willingness to share. 

Regards

Bruce Ross

When I first read this I thought you were saying there was no difference between the mod and the regular CJ2 😁.  For me it's just an honor that so many such as yourself were even interested in it!

Jevon 

On 8/30/2018 at 6:23 PM, Novej757 said:

UPDATE 8/30/18 

Hey all, just wanted to give you an update on where I'm at with this project.  Honestly,  between school, my baby girl and this project I am honestly swamped LOL.  So updates won't be coming nearly as fast as they did during the summer.  Honestly, I only work on this when I have time to sit down and just getaway from the crazy life LOL.....  So anyways I'm currently working on creating a pop up of the GTN MFD.  Unfortunately, I've run into a hangup.  Unlike the VC gauges, the 2d gauges have the bezel of the gauge included.  So I can't just resize my modded gauge to fit and get them to appear as if they are "in" the gauge like the VC.  So what that means is you guys may just get a 2d popup of just the screen portion of the MFD.....HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU ALL FEEL?

I've also started to look into some of the annunciations that our pilot friend has told me we should have during various actions in the aircraft.  That's going to be a longer process for sure as Carenado did not even provide the code to turn all of the lights on other then the self test...(sigh).  So please be patient with me this mod has definitely blown up into something I never expected it too.  Honestly guys, I bought Orbx Telluride and I haven't even had a chance to fly my bird into it yet.  I only took the video there for background LOL!!!  So not much to report other than....its SLOOOOooooOOOOOwly coming along.  I'll keep you updated!  Happy Flying.

When you say "screen portion of the GTN", does that include the engine gauges as well, or just the original GTN display? If it doesn't have the engine gauges, it defeats the purpose of the pop-up, as it would be nothing more than the stock F1 2D gauge.

3 hours ago, eelb said:

When you say "screen portion of the GTN", does that include the engine gauges as well, or just the original GTN display? If it doesn't have the engine gauges, it defeats the purpose of the pop-up, as it would be nothing more than the stock F1 2D gauge.

It will include everything as it appears on the modified MFD screen.

Jevon 

On 9/14/2018 at 12:41 AM, Novej757 said:

It will include everything as it appears on the modified MFD screen.

Great! I'm only interested in the 2D gauge. I gather this is still a work in progress, so I'll monitor this thread to see when it becomes available.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:02 PM, eelb said:

Great! I'm only interested in the 2D gauge. I gather this is still a work in progress, so I'll monitor this thread to see when it becomes available.

It is.......when I can get a chance.....Been full steam ahead with school (mech engineering) so haven't had ANY time to devote to this unfortunately......

Jevon 

On 10/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, cdog423 said:

How can I get the mod?

Thanks

Cam

PM me an email to send you the link.

Jevon 

I’d like to get my hands a copy of the mod as well. 😁 However I tried to PM You but it said that You couldn’t receive any messages...?! 😫

12 hours ago, MotoArt said:

I’d like to get my hands a copy of the mod as well. 😁 However I tried to PM You but it said that You couldn’t receive any messages...?! 😫

Sorry about that.  My PM was full with all the other requests.  I had to delete some older (pre mod) emails.  I'm at 86 percent full now.   Please try again....

Jevon

Jevon 

Hi Jevon,

Many thanks for sending me the mod. Everything appears to work well. Using the NAV button, the aircraft followed the flightplan from the GTN750, but using VNAV it also followed the vertical profile which I had added to an identical flightplan in the FMS. I added several new waypoints en route, with varying altitudes, and the aircraft successfully followed them.

One thing I noticed with both the original and the modified version is that a very steep descent is possible. At one point, with approx 80% fuel load, I was able to descend at 6,500 ft/min at idle without gaining speed, as if there was a large speedbrake in use. I don't know how this compares to the real aircraft.

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying flying with this mod.

Mike