Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

A New Take On the CJ2 GTN 750 Integration

Recommended Posts

Jevon,

Fantastic work with the mod! Your setup instructions worked without a hitch
on the latest P3D 4.5. Everything went well and I haven't encountered any issues,
logged about 20+ hrs of flight time. I tried flying RNAV/LPV approaches and VNAV was working
as intended. Even tried GPS 3deg visual approaches and she had correctly captured
the glideslope.

I also own the other S550 jet that comes with an official GTN750 configuration 
and I found that I've been spending more time flying the CJ2+ mod you created. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 9:00 PM, Novej757 said:

 

Just got my hands on this mod (thanks Jevon!).It's a great improvement to the CJ. I really look forward to spend a lot of time in it. Much more immersive than it used to be!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This idea of simulating a CJ2+ with the Caranedo CJ2 really appealed to me. I guess I'm in the camp of wishing Carenedo had started with a CJ2+. That said, I love this airplane and enjoyed learning the Collins FMS, but glad now to be using the the Flight 1 GTN 750  again.

My first test flight was at max takeoff weight from Cheyenne, density altitude over 7000 feet, then FLC climb up to FL410 and an LPV approach into KEAR. Everything worked smoothly for me. I love the extra performance of the CJ2+

Thanks Jevon for all your hard work on this mod and thanks to the Mod Squad and all the other contributors that made this mod possible.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jevon

Everything worked great.  I can't say much more than what's already been said other than I'm just as grateful - it worked a treat in 4.5.

Thank you kindly!!

2019-12-4_10-43-38-595.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jevon - Installed the CJ2+  mod and it works great. Also installed the F1 GTN 750 popup using the Flight1 install tool for larger views when desired. It also works well with this mod. Thanks for all the hard work you and others put into this project. Many thanks as well for sending it to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

this

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jevon,

I installed It in P3DV4.4 only.

I got the mod that you sent and it works now but I had a strange problem with the PANEL.CFG file that was included. I could not get the autopilot popup to happen with the shift +3 key. Nothing would happen. Everything else was okay. So I compared the [Window02] section with the original and they looked exactly the same. So I thought that maybe even though they both looked the same, maybe there was some stray character that was not visible to Notepad in the PANEL.CFG that you sent in that  [Window02] section that was causing the problem so I just copied only that [Window02] section of the original PANEL.CFG to the new one and saved it and then the autopilot showed up like it should. 

I also tried re-downloading the zip file from the dropbox, unzipping it, and using the new unzipped file before I did the copy and paste but it still did the same thing. Maybe it is something that happened in the zipping and unzipping process caused this, don't really know, but it works fine now after the copying and pasting that I did.  I am a retired Associate degree Electrical Engineer and programmer and I have seen stray characters that were not visible show up in files that caused problems before so in my experience it is possible. We called things like this a SANRD (Scientific Anomaly Not Readily Discernible). We pronounced it like Saynerd. 😀

Thank you for your hard work and I wish you and your family health and safety now and in the future in these strange times.

Paul

Edited by Paull57
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 12:50 PM, Paull57 said:

Jevon,

I installed It in P3DV4.4 only.

I got the mod that you sent and it works now but I had a strange problem with the PANEL.CFG file that was included. I could not get the autopilot popup to happen with the shift +3 key. Nothing would happen. Everything else was okay. So I compared the [Window02] section with the original and they looked exactly the same. So I thought that maybe even though they both looked the same, maybe there was some stray character that was not visible to Notepad in the PANEL.CFG that you sent in that  [Window02] section that was causing the problem so I just copied only that [Window02] section of the original PANEL.CFG to the new one and saved it and then the autopilot showed up like it should. 

I also tried re-downloading the zip file from the dropbox, unzipping it, and using the new unzipped file before I did the copy and paste but it still did the same thing. Maybe it is something that happened in the zipping and unzipping process caused this, don't really know, but it works fine now after the copying and pasting that I did.  I am a retired Associate degree Electrical Engineer and programmer and I have seen stray characters that were not visible show up in files that caused problems before so in my experience it is possible. We called things like this a SANRD (Scientific Anomaly Not Readily Discernible). We pronounced it like Saynerd. 😀

Thank you for your hard work and I wish you and your family health and safety now and in the future in these strange times.

Paul

Hi Paul thanks for the information.  This is honestly the absolute first time since I released this back in 2018 that I've had anyone experience this problem.  Glad you were able to figure it out.  So I'm not sure why that particular window was your issue.  I'll have to go look but I'm pretty sure I didn't modify anything in that particular window. If there is a SANRD  my download link within dropbox may have gotten corrupted which  again I will need to check.  I'll download a copy to test it myself.  If you have any other issues please let me know.  This just further enforces the CJ2+ mod is in dire need for a new update.  I think  that will be coming this summer.......


Jevon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Jevon,

I have the CJ22 and the GTN750 and would like the Modification program.

my email address is -- alleesim(at)earthlink(dot)net.  thank you,   -- Budlee4

Edited by charliearon
don't post email address

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, budlee4 said:

Hi Jevon,

I have the CJ22 and the GTN750 and would like the Modification program.

my email address is -- alleesim(at)earthlink(dot)net.  thank you,   -- Budlee4

Shoot me an PM 😉

 


Jevon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just trying out this bird for the first time on Prepar3d v4.5 

At this point everything went perfect ! Great job flies good!

Climbing out of Malta 

cj1.jpg

 

Edited by sab213
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jevon:  I have read the above 10 topics.  I have the GTN 750 and the CJ2 installed in FSX.  I have also installed the 750 in the phenom 100 and the 300.  I would like a copy of your Mod. for the CJ2 if it is still available.  My email address is alleesim@earthlink.net.  -- budlee4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 5:33 PM, budlee4 said:

Jevon:  I have read the above 10 topics.  I have the GTN 750 and the CJ2 installed in FSX.  I have also installed the 750 in the phenom 100 and the 300.  I would like a copy of your Mod. for the CJ

No problem, send me a  PM with the above information please?


Jevon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jevon,

I received your modification for the CJ2 on the 21st of May and installed it immediately.  You have made the process very easy and it only took about 20 minutes until I was in the air.  I also installed a popup GTN 750 using the F1config utility.  Everything seems to be working in conjunction with each other.  I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

I appreciate your work and the great about of effort and attention to detail you put into the project. I wish you and your family the best in life.

                                                      Budlee4 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jevon,

as you probably remember, you recently sent me your mod. Unfortunately due to family matters i haven´t been able to install it untill yesterday evening. Everything went well and i followed your instructions to the letter. Long story short, i´ve been fiddling around with it a bit and everything looks fine, the GTN integrates nicely. As i´m not a real world pilot and have never been on a CJ2 i can´t comment on the modified air-file, anyway i did a short test flight and it felt very convincing. The only (minor) issues i found is that :

1.- i can´t seem to hear the window bleeds and Air conditioning systems

2.- I´ll have to find a way to get a GTN750 Popup (doesn,t work for me)

As i stated above, bothe are minor issues and the don´t bother me too much. The immersion though, is great. 

I´ll do a complete reinstall (Original CJ2 and your mod) then, test again. Maybe, something went wrong moving files. Other than that, i really appreciate the hard work you (and the other involved persons) have put in this proyect and making it avaible for free to us :smile:

I´ll report back after reinstall.

 

All the best, Lars

  • Like 1

Lars Stahmann

I5-6600K@4.5 - Z170 Pro Gaming - 16GB DDR4 2666 - GTX1070 8GB - P3D 4 - Win10-64 Home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...