Sign in to follow this  
phlix

P3D 4.2 sound crashes in Q400

Hi,

I had this for the 2nd time in a week now, with the Q400. At some point during flight, the P3D Sound Subsystem Crashes: The current sound is being played back ad infinitum. The first time I didn't even notice until landing. I can no longer toggle sound on/off any more. I no longer hear switches, nor changes in engine/propeller sound. The checkbox checks and unchecks, but the current sound just keeps playing. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Any tips how I could find out?

Thanks,

Felix

I found out what triggers the crash: It happens a few seconds after I switch the wx radar on. The MFD also stops displaying the radar 'beam' and radar data. Switching the radar off again does not reverse the effect. I should note this is the Pilot version. I will now test with different settings in the system tab of the MJC Control Panel.

Does anyone know how to get access to the Majestic forum? I try to register there but an 'invitation code' is required.

Thanks, Felix

13 minutes ago, phlix said:

I will now test with different settings in the system tab of the MJC Control Panel.

Nope, I tested with Medium/High Efis Quality, different timers, different refresh rates. I can still trigger the crash by turning on the wx radar.

All I can say is that this has never happened to me. Maybe you should do a reinstall of the Q400?

And btw the invitation code should be send to you by Majestic themselves once you register. You might want to send them a mail about it: support@majesticsoftware.com

My rig is quite slow, maybe it's just that. I have now upgraded to the Pro Version, so I had to uninstall/reinstall. I quickly tested and didn't manage to break the sound. I'll see how it goes on a real flight.