Sign in to follow this  
Jamrom23T

"That 70's Plane" series continues with A2A's Piper Cherokee 180

Hi.  I'm back with another series of 70's paints, this time for the fantastic A2A Piper Cherokee 180.   I hope to do another 6 or so of classic styles from pictures I've found all over internet.

Many of the designs will have that classic look from the late 60's into the late 70's when these planes looked their best (in my opinoin... lol).

Look for them soon... in the mean time, here's the first two to roll out of my paint hangar.   36M and 75J.

Both will come with wheel pant paints as will many that I do based on the original designs.

All the best,

James

Ez0jEok.jpg

vuA5P85.jpg

F4OrRbe.jpgknvec4I.jpg

And another dedicated to Bruce Artwick and the subLOGIC company he was a part of from 1975 to 1995...

I felt the simplicity was what playing Flight Simulator II on my C64 back in 1984 was all about..  I hope you feel the same.

4MKmuMp.jpg3hEZisG.jpg

Revised subLOGIC livery... added logo to tail, and UI-Urbana seal to the fuselage to commemorate when he was in college and where you "Learn to Fly" in the original simulator.

7J1YaR2.jpg

cRm8BNV.jpg

James,  thanks for these although I think N9375J is my favorite color scheme here. 

The Carenado version of the PA28 for FSX/SE had some great third party English colour schemes available which I also liked, but unfortunately there is nothing like them available for the A2A PA28 with P3Dv4. 

There were two color schemes used at the College of Air Training, Hamble in the 1960's and 70's on their PA28-180's.  They were initially painted in white with dayglo orange markings; although this was superceded in the early to mid 1970's by the dark red and white paint scheme, which also had extra eyebrow windows fitted following the loss of two pilots and their Cherokee aircraft after a tragic mid air collision.  Both colour schemes are shown in the photos which can be found at this link  https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/operator/College of Air Training/? 

Any chance you might consider painting both versions, so that Simmers flying the A2A PA28 in the UK have some beautiful colour schemes like these two to look at?  

Bertie Goddard   

Looks like G-AVNP  and G-AVBB  are the two you are referring to? 

Sure... those are real easy ones.  It's when the stripes bend all over the place when it gets really hairy,

Yeah... I kinda like 75J as well.  I'll do another with that pattern but different colors.

JR

On 04/04/2018 at 2:25 AM, Jamrom23T said:

Looks like G-AVNP  and G-AVBB  are the two you are referring to?

Maybe G-AVNP and G-AVBH? The two color schemes are quite different and of the two only G-AVBH has the two eyebrow windows I mentioned.

Bertie

Gents, just uploaded all of these into the File Library.  I hope you enjoy them.

Sorry for the massive delay, my install of P3Dv4 corrupted when I upgraded up to v4.2 and with that.. I was so frustrated that I gave up on it for a few months.

At any rate.. I'm back and slowly working on new skins for the Just Flight PA28 Warrior II.  To be posted in a new thread sometime in the future.

All the best,

JR

This last one was posted for download the other day and represents the last of the Archer series of 'That 70's Plane'.

Next up will be the Just Flight Warrior II which I purchased about a month ago and have been having a ball flying.

EaPxDAf.jpg

kJWHHzr.jpg

gR2CjxK.jpg