Hello,

The last VMR generator v10.8 doesn't support IVAO MTL, because of old models etc, but IVAO has recently updated the MTL library for those flying P3Dv4.2, I did install the new 64bit IVAO MTL library for P3Dv4.2 this morning and then did a test flight connecting to IVAO and no more black, invisible,no gear planes! (see pics, showing on IVAO this morning at EHAM..)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AudnYFFqh7Lb31WNJ0CbnJWcaGSy

Please can an update be made to VMR Generator 10.8 to allow support for IVAO_MTL again as now they are fully 64bit P3dV4.2!

Thanks and great software!

Just a question: I am not a member of IVAO, but a user of PSXSeecontraffic. Would it be possible for me to use the new IVAO models as well?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

12 hours ago, pmb said:

..  Would it be possible for me to use the new IVAO models as well?.. 

Hi, anyone can use the new IVAO models, provided they use P3DV4.2..  if FSX is used it will not work.

Thanks and kind regards.

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

How would you download them? the mtl?

You would first need to obtain an IVAO pilot ID, then download the client to connect to IVAO network, then the MTL would install automatically.

• Like 1

Nico said he wouldn't provide support since the file structure of the IVAO_MTL aircraft is so unique- it is missing parking position info amongst other things. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

A thanks for the comments. So I'll forget about this option for now.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

It is easy to modify the aircraft.cfg with what @kiek said was missing... but with almost 10,000 liveries... it could take a very long time to do that. Unless someone creates a batch file  

1 hour ago, bjratchf said:

Nico said he wouldn't provide support since the file structure of the IVAO_MTL aircraft is so unique- it is missing parking position info amongst other things. 

Thanks for feedback, so pity, I can see the aircrafts alright but without their livery, just a few, this morning I connected to PSXseecon and saw an EasyJet aircraft, all the rest, just the out of hangar liveries ie Boeing 747-400 liveries etc, yesterday I saw one too but don't recall which one.

So it does see some.

What I did, upon installing Psxseecon v9.33 and vmr generator 10.8, I copied/paste the old 8.6 (that I kept) ai_tx_liveries into vmr 10.8 so psxseecon could see some ai_tx_liveries file to work with.

I don't wanna buy UTL since it does the same thing as psxseecon does, so yeah I'd have the mtl but already have ivao ones..

25 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

It is easy to modify the aircraft.cfg with what @kiek said was missing... but with almost 10,000 liveries... it could take a very long time to do that. Unless someone creates a batch file  

Indeed, a batch file programmer would come handy here ;)

I am impressed with the new IVAO_MTL and how accurately it matched airframes when I was poking around vPilot in observer mode. So hopefully some good Samaritan takes to the project (maybe me!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys.

The IVAO_MTL has a weird  filestructure, but it is not impossible for me to get a list of the liveries. I have done that in the past, but removed that option from VMRGenerator when I found out that the liveries were too bad for P3DV4. 

But if their quality has been improved I might put the removed ivao_mtl processing code back in VMRGenerator...

Nico

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, bjratchf said:

I am impressed with the new IVAO_MTL and how accurately it matched airframes when I was poking around vPilot in observer mode. So hopefully some good Samaritan takes to the project (maybe me!)

I thought that you were not allowed to use the IVAO_MTL at VATSIM, or have they changed policy?

Nico

Edited by kiek

30 minutes ago, kiek said:

Hi guys.

The IVAO_MTL has a weird  filestructure, but it is not impossible for me to get a list of the liveries. I have done that in the past, but removed that option from VMRGenerator when I found out that the liveries were too bad for P3DV4. 

But if their quality has been improved I might put the removed ivao_mtl processing code back in VMRGenerator...

Nico

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your input, yes I can confirm the ivao mtl has been improved, we don't see anymore fs2004 black nor invisible nor with no gear airplanes on ivao, please see pics from my initial post, IVAO has recently released a new 64bit ivao mtl library to work with P3Dv4. That would be greatly appreciated if you could put ivao code back into VMRGenerator ;)

28 minutes ago, kiek said:

I thought that you were not allowed to use the IVAO_MTL at VATSIM, or have they changed policy?

Nico

They haven't, I guess some work around had been done to be able to see ivao mtl with vpilot.

I am completely alien to those online networks, thus may I ask if a similar model collection is available for VATSIM and if so is this accessible and perhaps usable for PSXSeecontraffic?

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I am completely alien to those online networks, thus may I ask if a similar model collection is available for VATSIM and if so is this accessible and perhaps usable for PSXSeecontraffic?

There isn't a specific mtl coming with vpilot, vpilot just reads what models your sim has, if you have UTL, vpilot will see your UTL, if you have WOAI vpilot will see your WOAI and so on..

It is only IVAO providing the MTLs, and they're really good, with lights strobes beacon nav flaps etc, you need fly on IVAO network for that lol, before VATSIM vpilot, like for any mtl library UTL WOAI etc, was reading IVAO mtl, but after IVAO spoke to VATSIM about conflict of interest (which makes sense), VATSIM stopped vpilot from using IVAO mtl. Now I'm not gonna develop on that for obvious reason ;)