Thanks AIRIFR,  I understand. Business as usual.

So I am in a deep moral conflict if I should join IVAO just for getting the models without any intention of actually using their services.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I hate to ask what is probably obvious to most, but what is MTL?

And Michael, you're not the only one interested in models/liveries for PSXseecontraffic. I've been using a mixture of AI sources and I get LOTS of mismatches because I don't have all the necessary liveries, and in some cases airframes. I had considered buying UTL just to use the liveries etc., but have abandoned that idea for several reasons, which become obvious if one reads the forums about UTL liveries.

I am not interested in spending the time required to build an extensive AI fleet from pieces. So at this point I'm stuck seeing some odd liveries in US airports.

If this IVAO AI thing would work with PSXseecontraffic, I'd be onboard in a heartbeat, with absolutely no moral qualms whatever...unless of course IVAO specifically requests the models not be used as such.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Thanks AIRIFR,  I understand. Business as usual.

So I am in a deep moral conflict if I should join IVAO just for getting the models without any intention of actually using their services.

Kind regards, Michael

You're welcome Michael, you should join IVAO, provided Nico puts code back into VMRGenerator AND you use P3DV4.2, otherwise it won't work.

Kind regards.

1 hour ago, somiller said:

I hate to ask what is probably obvious to most, but what is MTL?

And Michael, you're not the only one interested in models/liveries for PSXseecontraffic. I've been using a mixture of AI sources and I get LOTS of mismatches because I don't have all the necessary liveries, and in some cases airframes. I had considered buying UTL just to use the liveries etc., but have abandoned that idea for several reasons, which become obvious if one reads the forums about UTL liveries.

I am not interested in spending the time required to build an extensive AI fleet from pieces. So at this point I'm stuck seeing some odd liveries in US airports.

If this IVAO AI thing would work with PSXseecontraffic, I'd be onboard in a heartbeat, with absolutely no moral qualms whatever...unless of course IVAO specifically requests the models not be used as such.

MTL is Multi-player Traffic Library, aircrafts rendered in the flight simulators, with the Airlines liveries, to push realism further.

If Nico puts code back into VMRGenerator and you fly P3DV4.2, it will work with IVAO MTL, there is no objection from IVAO to use IVAO MTL on PSXSeecontraffic, just on VATSIM, as IVAO and VATSIM are the two online flying networks. So you should join.

PSXSeecontraffic not serving same purpose, although it allows IVAO and VATSIM on its platform. 

• Like 1

AIRIFR,

Very kind of you to provide such a detailed response. Assuming Nico restores the code in VMRGenerator, it appears the only requisite I don't satisfy at the moment, is P3Dv4.2, as I'm still on v4.1. When I move to v4.2 I will most certainly join IVAO and try the library, and will probably even give the network a try...it's something I've been wanting to do, but just haven't attempted yet.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

7 hours ago, somiller said:

AIRIFR,

Very kind of you to provide such a detailed response. Assuming Nico restores the code in VMRGenerator, it appears the only requisite I don't satisfy at the moment, is P3Dv4.2, as I'm still on v4.1. When I move to v4.2 I will most certainly join IVAO and try the library, and will probably even give the network a try...it's something I've been wanting to do, but just haven't attempted yet.

Kind Regards,

It's my pleasure somiller.

And I might have good news for you, I was in the thinking we needed v4.2 but any v4 would do for P3D, as long as you don't use v3 which is 32bit, v4 is 64bit so you don't need wait update to v4.2, go ahead! ;) (you might as well update to v4.2 which will give you better P3Dv4, and all addons providers starting or having already updated their addons for compatibility with v4.2, including psxseecon :))

Kind regards.

Hi guys,

I have just released VMRGenerator 10.9 beta with re-installed support for IVAO_MTL.

Note that I have not tried it with the IVAO_MTL for P3Dv4 because I do not have that library. However, assuming that IVAO has not changed their data structure  I have put back my old IVAO_MTL processing code.

Make sure that the IVAO_MTL folder is named IVAO_MTL otherwise it will not be detected.

With this support IVAO pilots will be able to use their liveries locally in PSXseeconTraffic...

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi guys,

I have just released VMRGenerator 10.9 beta with re-installed support for IVAO_MTL.

Note that I have not tried it with the IVAO_MTL for P3Dv4 because I do not have that library. However, assuming that IVAO has not changed their data structure  I have put back my old IVAO_MTL processing code.

Make sure that the IVAO_MTL folder is named IVAO_MTL otherwise it will not be detected.

With this support IVAO pilots will be able to use their liveries locally in PSXseeconTraffic...

Nico

Hi Nico,

I just installed 10.9beta, in flight at the moment over the ocean so not much traffic, I'll report back after landing, another 5h or so.

Thanks a lot for reinstating IVAO_MTL into VMRGenerator! :happy:

Best regards,

I installed vPilotai v1.10 and did a couple of rudimentary tests by sitting at various major US airports to check matching...was getting between 50% and 65%. Resource use with up to 100 ai was minimal.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but thought it might be useful as a comparison to IVAO_MTL.

Depending of AIRIFR's results, I may give IVAO_MTL a try.

AIRFIR I'd be especially interested in what matching rate you get, and how much burden is placed on your system by IVAO_MTL.

Also would be helpful to know your system specs.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, somiller said:

I installed vPilotai v1.10 and did a couple of rudimentary tests by sitting at various major US airports to check matching...was getting between 50% and 65%. Resource use with up to 100 ai was minimal.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but thought it might be useful as a comparison to IVAO_MTL.

Depending of AIRIFR's results, I may give IVAO_MTL a try.

AIRFIR I'd be especially interested in what matching rate you get, and how much burden is placed on your system by IVAO_MTL.

Also would be helpful to know your system specs.

I never heard of vpilotai, I have vpilot but vpilotai never heard of it.

IVAO_MTLs run inside P3D process as they're SimObjects, so initial loading time of the sim is longer because sim needs read all those thousands objects, but then once it is loaded, done forget about them, they're ready-play, so NO burden at all. At the moment in flight P3D CPU process averages 65%.

I run P3D in default Program files folder, on SSD, with 8GB graphics, on I7 3.4GHZ.

AIRIFR,

What matching % were you experiencing?

It doesn't appear there is any affiliation between VATSIM/vPilot, and vPilot AI, other than the fact that AI apparently works well in vPilot on VATSIM.

Here's the link: http://vpilotai.boards.net/

In order to see the forum boards you have to sign-up, but once you do, go to this link, where you can download the models/liveries: http://vpilotai.boards.net/thread/38/vpilot-ai-version-1-released

They are not officially supporting P3Dv4x, but so far, I've found no problems (admittedly with very little experience).

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

3 hours ago, somiller said:

AIRIFR,

What matching % were you experiencing?

At JFK right now, I get OK:48% shown in red out of live:201(94) in green and parked:55(209) in green, this with IVAO_MTL in VMRGenerator 10.9beta

8 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi guys,

Nico

I see some traffic at JFK with still the hangar livery, when I built the aitxliveries file from ivao mtl I got some errors, EmptyRegistrations.txt IncompleFltsimSections.txt InvalidAircraftCodes.txt InvalidAirlineCodes.txt were created, so I guess those out of hangar airplanes were from those files?

Best regards,

14 minutes ago, AIRIFR said:

I see some traffic at JFK with still the hangar livery, when I built the aitxliveries file from ivao mtl I got some errors, EmptyRegistrations.txt IncompleFltsimSections.txt InvalidAircraftCodes.txt InvalidAirlineCodes.txt were created, so I guess those out of hangar airplanes were from those files?

No, all the liveries with errors are not used at all by PSXseeconTraffic...

What is the result of the processing of the IVAO_MTL (P3Dv4 version) by VMRGenerator? Could you post your VMRGenerator.log file?

Nico

32 minutes ago, kiek said:

No, all the liveries with errors are not used at all by PSXseeconTraffic...

What is the result of the processing of the IVAO_MTL (P3Dv4 version) by VMRGenerator? Could you post your VMRGenerator.log file?

Nico

Yes that is what I meant, sorry for the confusion, out of hangar livery meaning those ones have nothing to attach to if the airline is not registered in the aitxliveries file..or some like that lol.

Here my VMRGenerator.log file.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, AIRIFR said:

Here my VMRGenerator.log file.

Thx, that looks good.

EDIT: I have updated the Manual and the Release Notes and uploaded the official version 10.9.

Edited by kiek

4 hours ago, kiek said:

Thx, that looks good.

EDIT: I have updated the Manual and the Release Notes and uploaded the official version 10.9.

Nico, I have installed the official version 10.9. I'll post some pics later from my next flight, only connected to Psxseecon to show how the IVAO MTLs render!

Again thank you for your support and for re introducing IVAO MTLs into VMRGe..err AILister ;)

Best regards