I was just wondering if anyone has heard whether Austin ever plans on changing the contrails to white in Xplane?.  Jets do not emit dark vapor in the flight levels.  Granted high altitude AI is easier to spot but it does not seem as realistic.  Small quibble, I find perfection in everything else Xplane11 has offered to me and it's about as stable as my Win 10 O/S which has never locked on me.  I used to have some issues with 11.05 locking if I forgot to pause it and dropped into Windows to use the web.  Now I just make sure I pause the sim when I need to use the web during my pilot in command rest periods.  Also kudos to Austin for improving the Cirrus gauges.   In 11.05 I could not tune the GPS to a waypoint and that was fixed in 11.10 (I believe I read prior that it was a planned update to the Cirrus).  The Cirrus and 172 are my primary aircraft of choice but sometimes I fire up the 747-400 when I want to go somewhere quick.

Regards,

John

Edited by Cactus521

I think I remember reading that contrails are slated for improvement once particle effects are fully integrated into the sim. Something about how they're actually in the sim, but not turned on yet? 

So it's planned, just not here yet.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

As Paraffin said, they're aware of the issue and will be working on it (I assume during the course of XP11). Ben talked about contrails in some comments on his blog. I think the contrails are part of the particle system, on which they're working on right now.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]