Sign in to follow this  
gcast

How to move camera freely in cockpit?

How can I move the camera while in the cockpit? I know I can set it so whenever I use the mouse it moves the view, but is there a way to set up a X Plane type view where you hold the left click to move the camera? I've looked through the settings and can't find anything. Can someone walk me through how to do it, if it's even possible.

It's not possible to use the right mouse click for that purpose yet but we are working on a few methods to enable that.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I am no expert at P3D but when tested it, found that pressing and hold spacebar and moving the mouse around gets similar to xplane right clic + mouse movement

Manuel Merelles

You can set the space bar to do that in ChasePlane and you can use the Middle Mouse button to do something similar as well.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I've set the space bar in Chase Plane key assignments to pan (don't recall the wording at the moment), and disabled "mouse look" in P3Dv4.  I then program a key on my mouse to act as the space bar function.  (it is a side key on my mouse - separate from the main mouse keys)  That works pretty well.  Only issue is when hovering the mouse pointer over a gauge that has a pop-out (pop up zoom) function while also scrolling the mouse wheel (to zoom),  each click of the mouse wheel activates the pop-up click spot.  The end result is looking around the cockpit, attempting to zoom in on something, and inadvertently activating a gauge "pop out" function.  It only began happening with Chaseplane installed.  Prior to Chaseplane, mouse view worked fine and did not pop out gauges when scrolling/zooming over them.  I fly the Aerosoft CRJ, and had originally thought it was the plane causing the issue, however after reinstalling everything and testing a bit, I found it to be isolated to Chaseplane.

If anyone has found a fix for this, it would be greatly appreciated. 

@billkirk888 I have +/- the same setup:

In CP Preferences/Control assignments: Mouse Look (Hold) => [Ctrl+Shft+L] (or wathever, just make sure these combination are nowhere used).

Then program a button on my mouse as [Ctrl+Shft+L]

Everything works fine, also zooming with mouse wheel at the same time.  I tried over pop-up clickspots but i have no active pop-up.

I'm using PMDG planes.

Just make sure (again) that in P3D ALL your view functions and settings are disabled or deleted (in P3D i have only "pan view" connected to my HAT-switch).