Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Orbx True Earth for P3Dv4

27 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I really hoped that they could change the lighting in P3D

In what way?

2 hours ago, fwerff said:

No it won't! Reread John V's statement... He clearly states Netherlands True Earth will be released first for P3D and FSX. England True Earth however will be released for XP11 first and later on for P3D/FSX.

Yes, my bad, I read too quickly in order to get to the screenshots. :happy:

This seems to be the scenery that I have been waiting for all my life. Complete high quality photoreal coverage of the UK and Ireland, with realistic 3D landmarks, buildings and trees. Oh, and since I like to fly to FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol, TrueEarth Netherlands is a very nice bonus! :smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

59 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Oh, and since I like to fly to FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol, TrueEarth Netherlands is a very nice bonus! :smile:

In the hope the two will play well together -  which wasn't confirmed so far.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

This seems to be the scenery that I have been waiting for all my life

Same here. If I recall correctly I was just 2 years old when I started to wait...

What about you? :laugh:

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

You won't disable vector and global, it will just be in higher priority and be called first.

XP will not have seasons....yet.

Musings......

It glorified XP ortho and OSM etc.

Like the fixed up airports though.

I have old FSX, now P3DV4, XP11...and find that with all these sims things are piece meal. With P3D I have some of the world Global, some in texture Regions, some in photo detail...its starting to become a hodge podge of stuff and its very hard on my OS.  I have terabytes of data.

And now lets add the photo areas, a bit here a bit there, more money $50 at a time. $100 here and $100 there. I said  it once before here...if you could offer me a fully loaded, fully functioning sim, seasons, high level planes, suites of completed airports, super high quality scenery I would spend my $1,000 outright, maybe up to $1,500 and get it over with.

My two year old PC is once again struggling and it cost me $2,700. Now what!

I'm starting to wonder what I'm doing. Of course the scenery looks good but I can blow over NLD in a few seconds and its boring flat as a pancake. Obviously if you are from there, live there it would be great to have "your" area covered. Maybe a Christmas sale? Maybe in a few years?

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Have they said if they will be doing the US?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

12 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Have they said if they will be doing the US?

PNW is next. For starters.

PNW was confirmed several times (whatever that's worth). As always, further projects will most probably depend on sales of the initial ones.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

31 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

With P3D I have some of the world Global, some in texture Regions, some in photo detail...its starting to become a hodge podge of stuff and its very hard on my OS.

Well, don't buy all that then and don't install everything you've got. :happy: When it comes to P3D I haven't bought an airport addon in years: I only buy FTX regions I am interested in. And I think I buy one plane a year or so, if I really want it. I have TONS of addons which I acquired during the last decade but most of them are backupped on archive disks. My list of installed addons is very short (for someone who has been simming for decades) and my PC is clean and organized. I only have to 500 GB SSD's but still there is 600 GB free! (And that's with Aerofly FS 2 fully installed too!)

It's all a matter of choice and self control. :happy:

31 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

My two year old PC is once again struggling and it cost me $2,700. Now what!

Now what? Lower your settings and expectations. :cool: My PC is almost 4 years old. I did buy a 1080 though over a year ago. But it's doing just fine. As long as I don't drag all sliders right. And even then things can become sluggish but I don't really care. My Q400 is totally awesome, the view outside is great, and that's all I want. Again, it's a matter of choice and self control.

Edited by Guest

53 minutes ago, J van E said:

It's all a matter of choice and self control. :happy:

Now what? Lower your settings and expectations. :cool: My PC is almost 4 years old. I did buy a 1080 though over a year ago. But it's doing just fine. As long as I don't drag all sliders right. And even then things can become sluggish but I don't really care. My Q400 is totally awesome, the view outside is great, and that's all I want. Again, it's a matter of choice and self control.

Don't want to get off topic, but this (choice, self control)  is why I won't be buying Netherlands, I said that already.

And my sims are doing fine, I have adjusted accordingly. And do so in flight sometimes. I've been doing this stuff for decades. Using a 4 gig GTX970 is now not so new. My PC does other stuff besides flightsim, a lot more stuff.

I do not have all my stuff installed, some is deleted and some is mothballed. Buy why would I not keep all my Orbx stuff installed, I have all but a few airports. I have good suite of planes for a reason, its a flightsim, learn on all sorts of planes, use for different types of flying. They there is REX, GTN, flight planning, blah blah...and 100s of freeware airports in the areas I like to fly because defaults are horridly bad. Plus all my own work.

• Like 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

This seems to be the scenery that I have been waiting for all my life. 

In a way, I understand what you are saying.  Back in the mid-80's, looking at a green area, and a blue area on my screen in FS-II, these True Earth screenshots were what I imagined the sim should be like.  Almost.  I guess back then, I expected us to have Holodeck-quality VR going on by 2010.  But that sure didn't happen.

I have long disliked photoscenery for two reasons:

1) no seasons, or washed-out satellite photos, or both

2) no possibility of lightning changes based on cloud/sun etc.

Both of the above are now fading into the past.  This could change our entire outlook on how we build our FS rigs -- in other words, storage capacity requirements may go thru the roof in the next 5-10 years.  I don't know how Orbx has the manpower to accomplish the task of doing all of these areas to this level of quality.  It takes a lot of time and effort.  It took me -- one guy -- 2 years to half-way create vector and landclass for country of Nicaragua, and it never was complete even then.  What I see of NLD is really impressive.  I hope it has some old-school custom made windmills, too :)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hoping for australian region

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

While I am sure the Netherlands is is a quite beautiful and charming part of the world (all those tulips, canals and windmills) which I will be visiting in a couple of months time I'm not sure that I would be getting this new type of Orbx scenery for flat terrain that you will fly over in 5 minutes.  Perhaps when the whole UK is covered I would be interested as the current UK FTX scenery is not their best effort and yes If Australia my homeland was remade in the True Earth style I would certainly be interested - but probably not enough money in that for Orbx despite their Aussie roots.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

The storage-required argument is much less relevant these days I think. Storage is cheap, I picked up a 2TB external drive the other day for £80. I know of some folk who have NASA server-farms in their basement to store the US at 30cm per pixel :biggrin: (@sesquashtoo, I'm looking at you ;))

• Like 1