Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Orbx True Earth for P3Dv4

14 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Missed TrueEarth Netherlands for P3D?

TU NL for P3Dv4 was released in april this year and from that moment nothing about a service pack ....

Even X-Plane GB South already has an update announced.

For TU NL P3Dv4 there is a pinned topic about issues and no one from Orbx has responded to that since june. And people are waiting over 6 months now to correct some bugs like the oversized barns..

Last week Nick Cooper finally responded in the General forum that he thought that there was worked on a service pack for TU NL P3Dv4....

Imho not a good sign...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Seems that Orbx is prioritising XP at the moment. The world does indeed turn around...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Seems that Orbx is prioritising XP at the moment. The world does indeed turn around...

Indeed. That way they lost me and perhaps a hand full of other former loyal customers, which they certainly don't care about. I see this a perfect point in time to stop buying ORBX scenery for now and watching how things will pan out.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I think you are overreacting to this ORBX news. There may be a frenzy right now to convert all ORBX products to XP, but the marketplace will dictate whether that is worth it or not. Most XP users still have that freeware mentality. Just peruse .org for a few minutes and you will see hardly any mention of ORBX products in those forums. 

Personally, I have purchased only a couple of ORBX standalone small airports. I do have all the NA regions, their landclass, Vector and even KSAN. But I can't see paying that kind of money for some small airport in Montana, just so I can see animated elk and mosquitos.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

And with 1.5 TB you would have only GB in 4 sesons if it ever came out ...

What about the US ... ?

Not necessarily. A lot of things are going to carry over no matter what the season is. The buildings don't change, for instance, and a lot of that video showed building detail.

And even if it does, like you said - "if it ever came out." By the time they get the US done in all 4 seasons SSDs will have gone down in price again. Just throw however many TB you need in there.

Edited by eslader

To be fair, the developer of TrueEarth scenery is an X-Plane user, so it was obviously designed for X-Plane 11 from the outset. I am just thankful that ORBx intend to convert TrueEarth products to P3D format.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

To be fair, the developer of TrueEarth scenery is an X-Plane user, so it was obviously designed for X-Plane 11 from the outset. I am just thankful that ORBx intend to convert TrueEarth products to P3D format.

If then they would fix all bugs for the P3Dv4 version like they do for the X-Plane version , then many people would really be thankfull...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

TU NL for P3Dv4 was released in april this year and from that moment nothing about a service pack ....

Even X-Plane GB South already has an update announced.

[...] Imho not a good sign...

5 hours ago, GCBraun said:

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Indeed. That way they lost me and perhaps a hand full of other former loyal customers, which they certainly don't care about. I see this a perfect point in time to stop buying ORBX scenery for now and watching how things will pan out.

Basic business going on over at ORBX.

From what I can gather, they paid a significant sum on licensing the photo imagery and hired a few extra developers/artists to make TE Netherlands available for sale in XP. However, given that there is a technical limitation with the 1x1 degree scenery tiles in XP, they are not in a position to receive any revenue from this (current) dead end. With everything behind the scenes lined-up for the XP product line, it makes sense to keep pushing XP development. 
By incurring another significant capital expense with the purchase of GB photo image
licences, agreeing employment contracts and incurring the standard overhead, that's a lot of cash outflow in a very short period of time, with very little cash inflow from the TE product until recently.
Who knows, ORBX might have really put themselves under pressure by purchasing PNW and Irish photo licences already, committing more of their own reserves or taking on (further?) debt to cover this extra cost.

I imagine once the TE GB products are selling on all platforms, there will be enough 'breathing space' for ORBX to allocate a resource on producing a service pack for P3D's TE NED, but as this does not generate any additional income for them, it continues to have a low priority.

In business, cash is king!

Doesn't make me feel any better about waiting though...

Edited by F737NG
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

ORBX are on the P3D V4.x Beta they know what's coming ... it's much more profitable to sell to a new (to them, i.e. XP11) platform than it is to update an existing one for zero revenue.  And I do suspect there is P3D/FSX revenue being used to fund XP11 projects, but that was probably also the case for AF2 projects.  I doubt ORBX have abandoned P3D as it's a significant source of revenue for them ... as JV suggested, they are stretched thin on resources at the moment but will be expanding.  The P3D "love" will return, I have no doubt about that at all.

Cheers, Rob.     

Quite a few assumptions and incorrect information going around in this thread.

ORBX have not given up on P3D or lost interest. The apparent effort and interest in X-Plane is because there are new developers (including myself) working solely on TrueEarth regions and porting airports, they have not taken people off P3D to work on X-Plane as many are saying. The P3D versions of the TE regions are also being worked on, and it is not a shift in focus of the company etc..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tonywob said:

ORBX have not given up on P3D or lost interest. The apparent effort and interest in X-Plane is because there are new developers (including myself) working solely on TrueEarth regions and porting airports, they have not taken people off P3D to work on X-Plane as many are saying. The P3D versions of the TE regions are also being worked on, and it is not a shift in focus of the company etc..

So why after almost 7 months there has not been released an update ? Or even a fix for the oversized barns ?

And why they do not respond anymore to paying customers about TE NL for P3Dv4 ?

TU GB for X-plane had an update announced within a few weeks after release.

Imho not very customer friendly towards TE NL for P3Dv4 customers ....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tonywob said:

ORBX have not given up on P3D or lost interest.

Not knowing what goes on behind the scenes, I can only judge what I see. After a glance through their forums I feel as a stranger right now. Add Gerard's post above. And while Rob certainly will know better than most of us, I am more and more in doubt Prepar3d will have a bright future at all.

Thus, my conclusion.

When discussing this point on the ORBX forum - as usual in a very civil way - my whole thread was deleted by Mr. Nick.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

And while Rob certainly will know better than most of us, I am more and more in doubt Prepar3d will have a bright future at all.

Based on some of the P3D wish list comments in this thread and elsewhere, I'm 100% certain P3D will have a bright future. 

But there are other scenery vendors of as good quality making products for P3D, I was blown away by the France VFR products.  I'd give Orbx some slack and patience ... support can be expensive, Orbx have to support XP11, AF2, P3D, and FSX.

Cheers, Rob.

21 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

But there are other scenery vendors of as good quality making products for P3D, I was blown away by the France VFR products. 

No doubt France VFR are excellent and I enjoy several of them. Their autogen and objects are amazing. I would add even more to my collection, if I only could get crisp ground imagery in Prepar3d at ~3000 ft, that's where I usually fly.

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Based on some of the P3D wish list comments in this thread and elsewhere, I'm 100% certain P3D will have a bright future. 

But there are other scenery vendors of as good quality making products for P3D, I was blown away by the France VFR products.  I'd give Orbx some slack and patience ... support can be expensive, Orbx have to support XP11, AF2, P3D, and FSX.

Cheers, Rob.

FranceVFR certainly has very great looking scevery . I have several of that.

At this moment Orbx is lacking communication towards the TE NL for P3Dv4 customers.  An update for X-plane within a few weeks and nothing for P3Dv4 users after 7 months.

And not even responding to customers asking about it.

That is not a professional attitude...

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2