Sign in to follow this  
jotafl

LUA Error on MaddogX

For Guenter or anyone who may know this :blush:

Guenter, first of all I just want to say THANK YOU for such a great program, been in the flight sim arena for so long but recently started to use LINDA and wow, have I been having fun with this program. The things I can accomplish now with my joystick (HOTAS TM) is incredible.

Everything has been working great, love the tracer to find any faults and so on.

Using version 3.0.5 for P3D 64bit and the issue is with the MaddogX 1.0

Was programming a button for the end of pre-flight to take care of some actions and everything worked as it should. However, before deciding that the file was 100% good I decided to take a look a the tracer and the console was full of red repeating text containing the following:

[E] *** LUA Error: ...modules\linda/aircrafts/Leonardo MaddogX/actions.lua:356: attemp to concatenate global 'TRPtxt' (a nil value)

I started to check the commands and found the problem with the:

function MDX_ApuMaster_off ()
    ipc.control(69831, MDPara + 16)
    DspShow ("APU", "off")
end

BTW: I have a saved flight ready for the action to be performed so don't have to do the whole thing.

As soon as this command is performed the error begins to appears in the tracer. I decided to remove the command and the error went away, however, when I click manually on the APU SW to turn it off the error begins to appears again (when you flip the APU to the run position it goes away). At this time I did some other checks with no success. I decided to back the user.lua file and deleted it. Restart the computer, P3D and this time with no user.lua file. I went to the tracer and when I click on the APU SW to turn it off the error appears again. I did a flight and there was no issues except a very long console full of the same error.

Any suggestions or can I just ignore the text?

Thanks.

Jay Marin

Hello Jay,

thanks for the nice words.

I found the bug and have fixed it. I will make some additions to the module and make then an upload soon.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome Guenter, thanks for the quick reply, if I find anything else will let you know, but so far nothing more. :)

Jay Marin

New module with fix uploaded

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner

Sorry to write here, but I don't want to open a new post, as I cannot reply in the download area, because is about the same plane.

I just download the 1.1 version, and put inside modules. Then I load the plane and when loading in MCP boeing combo 2 it is frozen. I cannot modify anything. In other planes I just copy the files, open the plane and everything is right.

Any help? Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Hello, do you get any errors (red lines) in te LINDA Console (opened, when LINDA is active by pressing F!. And debugging activated)?

Guenter Steiner

Sorry replying late.... but I couldn't fly until today.

No.. I don't see any red line. What I see in the panel is that it says waiting for loading the aircraft. When it loads, says Leonardo flythemaddogx or something similar.. and then the SPD, HDG ALT and V/S labels appears, but it freeze there. Nothing more. As said, with other aircrafts no problem at all.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane