Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Please stop MCE messing with MCDUs in FSL A320X

Is it possible to add a line in MCE.ini which would stop MCE touching MCDUs on startup in FSL A320X?

You see, I like to use MCE for the reasons it can execute my own voice commands in the first place and sometimes I use its Checklist feature (without item status check.

Perhaps I will need to remove some dll from MCE folder?

Please advise.

Thanks! 

16 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Is it possible to add a line in MCE.ini which would stop MCE touching MCDUs on startup in FSL A320X?

You see, I like to use MCE for the reasons it can execute my own voice commands in the first place and sometimes I use its Checklist feature (without item status check.

Perhaps I will need to remove some dll from MCE folder?

Please advise.

Thanks! 

Go to \Flight simulator root \MCE dlls\ folder

rename "mcfslA3X.dll" to anything else like "No-mcfslA3X.dll"

After that MCE will be unable to interact with A320 switches. It will interface it as default aircraft with little other than gear up/down and maybe flaps working.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 5:41 PM, FS++ said:

Go to \Flight simulator root \MCE dlls\ folder

rename "mcfslA3X.dll" to anything else like "No-mcfslA3X.dll"

After that MCE will be unable to interact with A320 switches. It will interface it as default aircraft with little other than gear up/down and maybe flaps working.

But will MCE be able to interact with PF3/RC4 ATC without those switches and its own bugs?

I wish ATC/Monitoring and calls/Checklists were completely separated from MCE procedures. Using all of them at the same time is just too much (for MCE).

Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

But will MCE be able to interact with PF3/RC4 ATC without those switches and its own bugs?

I wish ATC/Monitoring and calls/Checklists were completely separated from MCE procedures. Using all of them at the same time is just too much (for MCE).

Thanks. 

It is designed that way. You can disable ATC entirely and use third parties (VoxAtc or other). You can use or ignore <Checklist> feature. Enable or disable crew simulation

There are a few imperfections that surface from time to time, mostly with regards using MCE with GA aircraft where a number of things need to be disabled. Like Fo occasionally popping-up when he shouldn't. But we are always addressing these as they are reported.

We could simply say, MCE is a crew simulation software and simply don't use it with GA. In fact in early days, we used to disable the "Crew coordination" feature when a GA aircraft was detected. Now, would you believe it, we had to bow to pressure from users to keep it enabled, because some saw it as useful to have, even though they were supposed to be operating solo.

With FSL A320, COM1 and Gear control are on default P3D variables, therefore should be good to go with ATC. But don't expect Fo to dial transponder or FCU unless the "mcfslA3X.dll" is enabled,because almost everything else is custom.

2 minutes ago, FS++ said:

With FSL A320, COM1 and Gear control are on default P3D variables, therefore should be good to go with ATC. But don't expect Fo to dial transponder or FCU unless the "mcfslA3X.dll" is enabled,because almost everything else is custom.

Don't get me wrong, Gerald, I want FO tinker with FCU or any other cockpit equipment switches NOT!!  :D

If MCE + PF3 (on a client PC) fully worked for FSL A320X and alike - that would the best ATC combo available! 

I've tried VoxATC and P2A - they work ok (on a client PC btw), but PF3 has a huge advantage over them - ATC with recorded voices, not TTS voices like in VOXATC and P2A. Besides PF3 is also very deep and actively supported by the developer.

I just hope MCE will cope with PF3 installed on a network PC, and I mean for airliners not GA. I've ditched the idea of using MCE with RC4 on a network machine, it just doesn't work properly in this configuration. Whereas VOX and P2A understand everything I say and work accordingly.

I'll open a new thread on MCE PF3 integration for an airliner, where I'll nag with more questions at you, please. ))

Thanks!