Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Runway identification problem

I seem to have developed a problem with the runway identification audio alerts in the 747-400 and 777. I thought that it was only the 777 at first (after it identified the original runway at EGCC Manchester as 24R instead of 23R), but I have just noticed the same problem with the 747-400 at EGSS London Stansted (runway identified as 23 instead of 22). I do not recall having this problem in the 747-400 when I first installed it, so maybe something has happened since I decided to reinstall P3D v3.4 and most of my addons (including the PMDG planes). For the record, ATC correctly identifies the proper runway designations.

Can anyone help?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Runway numbers change, as you know, and even if you get an updated airport scenery with updated runway numbers you still need to update the data file that RAAS uses to identify runways.  Use the tool MakeRwys.exe by Pete Dowson, but first read the instructions on how to use with P3Dv4 which will require you also have the Lorby Addon Organizer installed (you don't need to use this but it needs to be there for MakeRwys to work with xml addon files).

Dan Downs KCRP

I use P3D v3.4 (not v4). What I can't understand is why the 747-400 is incorrectly identifying the runways when it was correctly identifying them before I reinstalled P3D :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Try to rerun makerwys in the P3D root folder. The database of RAAS needs to match the one of your sim. During the reinstallation process of the P3D, a mismatch of the database may occur since they are two different ones.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I use P3D v3.4 (not v4). What I can't understand is why the 747-400 is incorrectly identifying the runways when it was correctly identifying them before I reinstalled P3D :huh:

I cant say for certain, but maybe the 747 uses a more up to date Airac than was installed on the 777.

3 hours ago, Bob Marton said:

I cant say for certain, but maybe the 747 uses a more up to date Airac than was installed on the 777.

The error the OP is getting is the announcement by RAAS of the runway by number, which is wrong.  RAAS does not use navdata; rather, it uses the r4.csv file that is a simple list of runways and associated coordinates.  This file can be updated with MakeRwys tool, which scans all bgl files in the scenery library for runways.  It works alone just fine unless the user has addon.xml files (which applies to v3 and v4).  Hence, my comment regarding the Addon Organizer.  One again, this has nothing to do with navdata.

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

The error the OP is getting is the announcement by RAAS of the runway by number, which is wrong.  RAAS does not use navdata; rather, it uses the r4.csv file that is a simple list of runways and associated coordinates.  This file can be updated with MakeRwys tool, which scans all bgl files in the scenery library for runways.  It works alone just fine unless the user has addon.xml files (which applies to v3 and v4).  Hence, my comment regarding the Addon Organizer.  One again, this has nothing to do with navdata.

You are so right... I read the OP while half asleep and misread what the issue was. Thank you for correcting my comment. Much appreciated

Maybe I used MakeRwys in the past, but forgot that I had done this? I will have a look for it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Running MakeRwys effectively solved this problem.....but for some reason it does not seem to work on my PC at Aerosoft Dublin or FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol. Does anyone have an idea why that might be the case?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Running MakeRwys effectively solved this problem.....but for some reason it does not seem to work on my PC at Aerosoft Dublin or FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol. Does anyone have an idea why that might be the case?

Christopher. If these scenery are installed with the addon.xml way then you need to have an additional program, the Lorby Addonorganizer to identify these scenery. Makerunway doc expains about it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I am still running P3D v3.4, so all of my scenery addons have been installed the original way.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

37 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am still running P3D v3.4, so all of my scenery addons have been installed the original way.

Are you 100% sure. P3D 3.4 does support the add-on xml method. Just asking to make sure

Chris Makris

What is the difference between the two methods? All of my scenery addons are listed in the scenery.cfg file, and I can swap and switch them around at will in the Scenery Library.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

35 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

What is the difference between the two methods? All of my scenery addons are listed in the scenery.cfg file, and I can swap and switch them around at will in the Scenery Library.

Ok then you are with the normal way.

Chris Makris

Just a quick update to say that the reason that MakeRwys did not identify the runways at Aerosoft Dublin and FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol is because those airports were disabled in the Scenery Library. I have since resolved the issue :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png