Sign in to follow this  
DjYing

P3D v4 ground textures won't load at all in-flight

Hi all! Just switched from FSX to P3D v4 and I have a problem. When in-flight the sim doesn't seem to bother to load in the ground textures at all. It loads the textures at and around the airport where you spawn (within the LOD_RADIUS) but not outside of that. They have the worst resolution there probably is, and I know the blurries problem but my ground textures won't even load when paused!

I tried adding FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION which did load up the airport textures faster, but the ground textures outside of that remain the same.

Using ORBX Global, OpenLC EU and Vector.

First of all, you need to realize that within the graphics menue where you can adjust autogen drawing distance, LOD radius, autogen density etc, the settings that correspond to the maximal possible settings in FSX are only "medium". Now, with this Knowledge, you should start off with putting those sliders in the position you had in FSX. If you still have problems, you need to list your computer components here (CPU, RAM, GPU, OS and used resolution), otherwise it will be pretty hard to suggest anything, no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

12 minutes ago, AnkH said:

First of all, you need to realize that within the graphics menue where you can adjust autogen drawing distance, LOD radius, autogen density etc, the settings that correspond to the maximal possible settings in FSX are only "medium". Now, with this Knowledge, you should start off with putting those sliders in the position you had in FSX. If you still have problems, you need to list your computer components here (CPU, RAM, GPU, OS and used resolution), otherwise it will be pretty hard to suggest anything, no?

Thanks for that. I will try this and let you know, I think everything is around medium now, with scenery compexity to max.

I'm running an i5 4690 with an AMD R9 390 8GB and 8GB of 2133Mhz RAM.

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

I turned all settings down, still no luck. It seems to be a software problem because the sim seems like it doesn't even try to load in the textures.

I'm running an i5 4690 with an AMD R9 390 8GB and 8GB of 2133Mhz RAM.

EDIT: After 6 minutes on Top-Down view in pause, the textures underneath me have gone from worst to second-worst quality. So atleast they are loading in (sort of).

Edited by DjYing

I've found most all problems like these come from having insufficient processor and video card and trying to do too much with it. You pretty much need to spend no less than 2k on a computer alone not counting monitor and other stuff, has been my 35 year experience dealing with FSX and later P3D. And XP11 is off the charts on my rig. Anything less and you are stuck running FSX/P3D default everything with no terrain mesh, no/few airport add-ons and AI traffic, and all settings set in the basement. I recently bought ORBX Base, Vector and NA LC, and it slowed me to a crawl with constant freeze ups and CTDs. I spend about 98% of the time trying to get my sim working right and 2% actually using it. So that was a waste of money.

Edited by astroavion