Sign in to follow this  
WingRider

Airport Not Recognized As Airport

I'm currently experimenting with the trial version of P2A, and certainly like what I'm seeing so far.

I was trying to build my first, very simple (or so I thought), VFR flight plan. It is a pretty straight line flight from KRDU to a private field up in Boone, NC. The field does have an official designation that can be found on SkyVector, etc., which is NC14. I like flying into small airports like this, scattered around the country.

Anyway the problem is whether I enter NC14 via the +Wpt data entry screen, or by right clicking on the map, P2A denotes it as a custom user defined waypoint, and I could not find a way to designate it as an airport. Therefore, when I try to validate/save the flight plan it just gives me an error message saying I must have a departure and destination airport. Is there a way to force it to be accepted as an airport designation?

Thanks

i7-7700K 4.4 GHz / MSI Z270 M7 / 32 Gb Corsair DDR4-3000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8 GB GDDR6 / 1 TB Western Digital Black SSD (on the PCI bus) / 500 Gb Samsung EV0 850 SSD (on the SATA bus) / EVGA 850 Gold / Cryorig H7

I don't have P2A, but glad to see some folks other than me like flying around NC. I fly out of KTDF often, and to/from RDU! I will have to try NC14 soon.

While NC14 is an airport in the real world, it is not in either of the AIRAC databases or even the old FSX data, so Pilot2ATC will not be aware of it.

And there is no facility to add airports in the program....Sorry.

Dave

Appreciate the timely responses, even if the net result is not what I wanted to hear.

Lennie - Bought a Goldwing up in Henderson about 12 years ago. Wish ORBX would start bringing out detailed scenery for the Appalachians/East Coast.

Ciao

i7-7700K 4.4 GHz / MSI Z270 M7 / 32 Gb Corsair DDR4-3000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8 GB GDDR6 / 1 TB Western Digital Black SSD (on the PCI bus) / 500 Gb Samsung EV0 850 SSD (on the SATA bus) / EVGA 850 Gold / Cryorig H7