Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Message on starting FSX-SE

When I fire FSX-SE up I get a message "Scenery cfg file error. Invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 267. Click OK to continue." I click OK and FSX-SE goes on to load normally.

I have looked at the scenery cfg file and there is no area 267 listed. Can anyone tell me what this is all about, please?

Thanks

Iain Smith

Which scenery.cfg file did you check, the one in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX?

Barry Friedman

Hi Barry, thanks for replying. I hadn't checked there and now I have I see that there is an area 267 but there is no title hence no file path stated. So I don't know what the scenery covers. The layer is 181 if that means anything.

Iain Smith

Could it be that if you carefully cut that scenery.cfg from that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX area and place it somewhere safe, then restart the Sim and let it rebuild a new scenery.cfg,  see it that fixes your problem.  If not, then you can always put the other one back in. I was just thinking(ouch that hurts) maybe you might have deleted a scenery file before removing it from the Scenery Library.

Just a thought.  I get so few, lately!:blush:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

My guess it's from an addon scenery that was uninstalled but failed to fully clean up the scenery.cfg entry. I agree with Charlie, normally you would normally expect to find an entry with a file path to a deleted folder. I would just remove the entry. I don't think the sim can fully rebuild the scenery.cfg including addon scenery automatically, you would need to go into the Scenery Library window and add all the addon areas if you restart with a clean scenery.cfg.

There is a free program called Scenery Config Editor which can validate your scenery config and clean up any invalid entries.

Edited by fshobby
  • Like 1

Barry Friedman

Barry, Charlie, thank you for your helpful suggestions. I will certainly pursue them. I quite like the idea of the free prog to validate and clean up the cfg.

Regards

Iain Smith

• Like 1