Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Pilot2ATC worth buying?

What is the current state of Pilot2ATC? I'm kinda tired of P-ATC/X and PF3 button communications, so I'd like to have more interaction. I used to like VOXATC in the past, but reports about its current problems with reading ADD-ON sceneries put me off. How about Pilot2ATC? It seems to have more active developer's support and updates. I like what I've seen about P2A on youtube so far. Which one to buy? And they are not cheap. What are the main problems in both now? Mostly I fly tube liners.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Edited by Dirk98

It's the only one I use now. I have Radar Contact, PFE, and VOXATC, and it is the most consistent as far as performance. The developer is constantly updating and is here to deal with any problems you might run into. It has a demo period so you can try it out. Another plus, it works with both P3D and XP11.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

48 minutes ago, mwilk said:

It's the only one I use now. I have Radar Contact, PFE, and VOXATC, and it is the most consistent as far as performance. The developer is constantly updating and is here to deal with any problems you might run into. It has a demo period so you can try it out. Another plus, it works with both P3D and XP11.

+1 Same

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Really enjoying P2ATC (ex P-ATC/X user). Great support too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there any way of making their UI smaller or opening and closing it with a hot key? I am a bit put off by the size of it. I much prefer Voxatc's panel which I can open at the touch of a button.

Thanks

John

Did you consider Multi Crew Experience, you can try it free of charge and if satisfied you buy it, so what is the risk?!

With it you can interact with Ground staff for pushback (GSX as well), P3D ATC controllers (no more buttons) you can also use PF3 if you already own it (no buttons!!!), your Co-Pilot (you have a choice of several voices) for your check-lists and actual crew coordination on a huge list of aircraft add-ons (added free of charge), or he can handle ATC for you if you delegate the task to him, and even your cabin crew (coffee is fake though, shame on them!). When hooked, you can customise - if you wish - your check-lists and various flows. Finally a number of interactions with P3D are possible "increase/decrease sim speed", "show kneeboard" etc.. (the list is too long), 

With Windows 10 (or 7) speech engine recognition, you forget about your keyboard and at last concentrate on flying!

Have a look at their forum on AVSIM, you will also see a very pro-active and reactive team of developers in action.

Edited by Jean-Claude

1 hour ago, Jean-Claude said:

Did you consider Multi Crew Experience, you can try it free of charge and if satisfied you buy it, so what is the risk?!

With it you can interact with Ground staff for pushback (GSX as well), P3D ATC controllers (no more buttons) you can also use PF3 if you already own it (no buttons!!!), your Co-Pilot (you have a choice of several voices) for your check-lists and actual crew coordination on a huge list of aircraft add-ons (added free of charge), or he can handle ATC for you if you delegate the task to him, and even your cabin crew (coffee is fake though, shame on them!). When hooked, you can customise - if you wish - your check-lists and various flows. Finally a number of interactions with P3D are possible "increase/decrease sim speed", "show kneeboard" etc.. (the list is too long), 

With Windows 10 (or 7) speech engine recognition, you forget about your keyboard and at last concentrate on flying!

Have a look at their forum on AVSIM, you will also see a very pro-active and reactive team of developers in action.

I use MCE with my VoxKey custom commands, sometimes for reading checklists and for some FMA calls and monitoring only. But it has never worked satisfactory in RC4 or PF3 mode with the programs installed on a networked pc. It works OK with my simplified commands to RC4/PF3, but other than that it's just too much of a task for MCE. I'm not interested in their procedure scripts, that dont work like say FS2Crew ones anyway. I'm not going to ditch it any time soon (unless I start using VoiceAttack)  so I plan to run it for some not ATC-related tasks. Most probably with P2A.

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

1 hour ago, johnbla said:

Is there any way of making their UI smaller or opening and closing it with a hot key? I am a bit put off by the size of it. I much prefer Voxatc's panel which I can open at the touch of a button.

Thanks

John

P2A can run on a networked PC on a separate monitor, which is a selling point for me, but I think you're aware of it.

Edited by Dirk98

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I use MCE with my VoxKey custom commands, sometimes for reading checklists and for some FMA calls and monitoring only. But it has never worked satisfactory in RC4 or PF3 mode with the programs installed on a networked pc. It works OK with my simplified commands to RC4/PF3, but other than that it's just too much of a task for MCE. I'm not interested in their procedure scripts, that dont work like say FS2Crew ones anyway. I'm not going to ditch it any time soon (unless I start using VoiceAttack)  so I plan to run it for some not ATC-related tasks. Most probably with P2A.

Thanks.

I am not sure if installing MCE on a network PC is useful since it is not running from within P3D and (if I am correct) uses a different core of your CPU, hence reduces its impact on P3D performance, this can be eventually confirmed on their forum. 

That may explain why it is not correctly working with PF3 (I am not using PF3 but many MCE users do).  Did you try it on your sim PC instead of the network one?

6 hours ago, johnbla said:

Thanks

John

If you can work with it and learn the vocal commands, you do not need to access the UI. I don't like the UI either, more of a flight planner than ATC program. I have two monitors so I have it on my second screen which works, but if I had one, I imagine I would not use it that much. That being said, after a while, I can import a flight plan, either SKyVector or Little Nav Map, click "Connect" and "File" and I never have to access the UI again. Took me a bit, but I really like it now. No menu!

2 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

I am not sure if installing MCE on a network PC is useful since it is not running from within P3D and (if I am correct) uses a different core of your CPU, hence reduces its impact on P3D performance, this can be eventually confirmed on their forum. 

That may explain why it is not correctly working with PF3 (I am not using PF3 but many MCE users do).  Did you try it on your sim PC instead of the network one?

Jean-Claude, please tell me who said MCE was installed on a network PC? You couldn't even if you wanted to. So that doesn't explain anything in context. 

I just mentioned that PF3 and RC4 were installed on my networked PC, and I'm not gonna change it.

Thanks.

How to change your Callsigne in P2A? I bought it btw, thanks to your comments.

I couldn't find in the manual how to manipulate the Callsign according to my needs.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

How to change your Callsigne in P2A? I bought it btw, thanks to your comments.

I couldn't find in the manual how to manipulate the Callsign according to my needs.

Thanks.

Click on the Config button on the right side of the GUI...you can change callsign in the new window that appears. 

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I looked into Pilot 2 ATC a year or two ago.The two issues I had, were it seemed that it used quite a bit of my CPU cycles when running. This may have been fixed not sure. The other issue is it was very expensive to add voices so you wouldn't have to listen to just one voice doing everything from controller to co pilot responses. Last time I looked, each voice was around $60. So if you wanted 5 or 6 different controller voices for variety, you were looking at an over $300+ investment. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I looked into Pilot 2 ATC a year or two ago.The two issues I had, were it seemed that it used quite a bit of my CPU cycles when running. This may have been fixed not sure. The other issue is it was very expensive to add voices so you wouldn't have to listen to just one voice doing everything from controller to co pilot responses. Last time I looked, each voice was around $60. So if you wanted 5 or 6 different controller voices for variety, you were looking at an over $300+ investment. 

True, voices are very expensive. Same applies to VoxATC.

However you can use both programs on a networked PC, which like a lot.

Thanks,