Sign in to follow this  
fofs

extra immersion needed what to consider ?

Looking for extra immersion in hardware. Is there any product that members use & recommend ?   Ideally looking for force feedback type products / under seat speaker vibration etc

VR :cool: .  Its the best thing to happen to flight simulation since the virtual cockpit.  

• Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Yes ! thanks for the reply,  I was thinking of more force feedback type of thing like a base kicker type of product that sits under your seat.

I found this website  Gametrix Turbo Jet seat  Has anyone tried one of these out ?  does anyone know if there is anything else that's similar on the market available ?

Looks like they have sold out for the time being.

https://www.gametrix.eu/products/gametrix-kw-908-jetseat-turbojet

14 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

VR :cool: .  Its the best thing to happen to flight simulation since the virtual cockpit.  

Depends what type of flying you do.  It's not yet optimal for airline flying where there is huge dependency on digital readouts and interaction with systems.    VFR - different story.

Sound transducers are fun (Buttkickers) but I have had two and both amps blew within a few months.

Edited by ErichB

This Forcefeel seat looks promising.  Looks like they are going ahead with production, so I'm thinking of investing in one.   Does anyone here know when they plan to have them ready for delivery ? 

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  All the aircraft I have flown IRL with the exception of an Ercoupe and Cessna had sticks instead of yokes.  Although the 3D Pro is not Force Feedback, it has the perfect feel of a stick on a real aircraft and centers nicely with a built in, albeit slight null zone.  I can pull off great landings with it and it lets me keep a light touch on the aircraft I fly.

John

I second VR. There nothing that comes close, really. I fly IFR and airliners almost 100% of the time and have no issues at all reading the displays. The interaction is significantly improved in XP11, where you are able to use your hands to interact with the switches and knobs, though.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I find that good sound packages certainly contribute a lot to immersion and I can recommend the Buttkicker as a great way to enhance those sounds particularly if you do a lot of flying in pistons or turboprops.

Bill

• Like 1

Isn't VR a little restricting for long periods of time ?  I can understand the immediate thrill factor, but its still a thing strap to your face ! & what about reaching for that cup of tea cabin crew bring you, don't you have to take it off ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fofs said:

Isn't VR a little restricting for long periods of time ?  I can understand the immediate thrill factor, but its still a thing strap to your face ! & what about reaching for that cup of tea cabin crew bring you, don't you have to take it off ?

If I asked my cabin crew to bring me a cup of tea while on my sim she would throw it at me!
Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fofs said:

You don`t need to use it for extended periods of time if you don`t want to. It is possible to turn VR on and off at any given time. On longer flights, I use VR mostly for take-off/climb and approach/landing.

Regarding tea, not sure about it but I have no problem with wine or beer.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Ha ! There should be at least 8 hours between drinking & flying ! I take it helps your flying experience