Sign in to follow this  
Louibarnes

East Europe blurry scenery error

Hi to anyone who can help! 

I have recently purchased fsx ss and am pretty new to flight sim . I mainly do domestic flights around the uk as I purchased orbx England scenery and the fsx default scenery isn’t great . However the I’ve started doing European flights , and the other day did a flight for EGLL to EDDF(during the night ) . I noticed half way during cruise , over Belgium the scenery went blurry . It was as if West Europe had scenery and Germany didn’t , I could see the lights from the ground over Belgium and France but when I got to Germany , and anywhere further east the scenery was just blurry (see picture ) . I reset started fsx and ever since I’ve been doing flights here , the scenery is like this in the night and day . Anyone have any suggestions ( I’d domt have any European scenery downloaded , just orbx England . 

Edited by lodestar
Prefix added

Please embed your image instead of posting a link to it.  Here's how to do it.

I am adding a test pic using the BBCode embed from my image hosting service. This was dinner the other night....time for lunch!

Spagehettialnerodiseppia.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1. <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="H7gJ4Qt"><a href="//imgur.com/H7gJ4Qt"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What 777 is that? If it's a complex one from PMDG then you may be getting Out Of Memory errors (OOM). Did you get a kind of pinging noise before the blurry scenery occurred? It's a Windows noise warning you about OOM. 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

33 minutes ago, Louibarnes said:
  1. <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="H7gJ4Qt"><a href="//imgur.com/H7gJ4Qt"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll see if I can post a pic of what the BBCode embed looks like.

Click on the image to make it bigger.

BBCode.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 hours ago, Louibarnes said:

I have been playing fsx for a while . Whenever I fly over Germany and ensywhere further east I have this scenery error . Any fixes ?

Louis, I merged your two topics together since they are essentially the same topic for help. I see your new here, so going forward, if you have an issue, please create one topic and stick to it rather than multiple topics on the same subject.

Thanks

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

Did you get a kind of pinging noise before the blurry scenery occurred? It's a Windows noise warning you about OOM. 

The pinging noise is from FSUIPC not windows, if you have that set up in FSUIPC. Windows doesn’t give you an aural warning, you just get the pop up on the screen that you’ve run out of memory.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Maybe it is that , it looks like this 20000ft < however below that the scenery is normal again , this may be the cause as I have a low end pc

Ah, so if you fly over that area at say 3000 feet AGL then the scenery displays OK?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)