Sign in to follow this  
philippets

P2A / X-Plane 11 Airac issues

I'm new to P2A and registered my copy choosing the option with NavDataPro 1706 however when P2A is open it still shows "Pilot2ATC 2018 v.2.4.0.6_x64_c Navigraph - AIRAC cycle: 1705".

I must say I had originally installed the option with Airac 1705 for the trial period though.

Another issue with X-plane, related to AIRAC as well:

I'm getting the following message:

Note: This fligh plan was saved with a different AIRAC cycle than what is currently loaded in X-Plane. Verify all instrument procedures and airways for currency and accuracy!
Currently loaded in X-Plane: 1707
This flight plan saved with 1705
Output/FMS plans/KMIA-KFMY.fms

It usually ends up with x-plane locking up.

If I get no warning when loading the flight plan, then the flight goes well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XPUIPC Version 2.0.0.0 64 bit
XPWideFS Version 2.0.0.0 64 bit
X-Plane Version: 11110

Windows 10

Whatever full version of Pilot2ATC you installed last would drive the AIRAC provider/version.  So unless you downloaded the NavDataPro version and installed it over the existing version, you would still be operating on the Navigraph data.  It's also possible, if you installed the NavDataPRo version, that it was installed to a sub-directory and so you are actually not running that version when you click on the icon to start the program.

In order to get your AIRAC cycles to match, you need to purchase a subscription and install the same version to all the various SIMs and add-ons.  90% of the time, having  them out of sync will not be a big problem, but if you get a warning message, it likely is because a waypoint is missing and that would explain why X-Plane locks up...it is trying to find a waypoint that doesn't exist in its data.

Dave

12 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Whatever full version of Pilot2ATC you installed last would drive the AIRAC provider/version.  So unless you downloaded the NavDataPro version and installed it over the existing version, you would still be operating on the Navigraph data.  It's also possible, if you installed the NavDataPRo version, that it was installed to a sub-directory and so you are actually not running that version when you click on the icon to start the program.

In order to get your AIRAC cycles to match, you need to purchase a subscription and install the same version to all the various SIMs and add-ons.  90% of the time, having  them out of sync will not be a big problem, but if you get a warning message, it likely is because a waypoint is missing and that would explain why X-Plane locks up...it is trying to find a waypoint that doesn't exist in its data.

Dave

Thanks Dave, you were right about the version issue, I simply deleted P2A as a good measure and reinstalled it with the navdatapro 1706.

I am still getting x-plane 11 to crash during the flight after I had the airac message upon saving the flight plan from P2A to x-plane

I created the exact same flight plan right in the aircraft FMC waypoint after waypoints and could complete the whole flight without any crash!

i’m wondering What’s going on.

If you are exporting from P2A to X-Plane 11 format, that is probably the problem.  There are very few, if any, aircraft that can use the new format.  Try exporting to the XP 10 fms format and see if that works.

Dave

Thanks for your answer.

For now I'm flying the latest Cessna 172 from Laminar Research with the Garmin 1000 GPS, and it should definitely be compatible with x-plane 11 FMS format.

I'll look into it anyway.

Yes, the Laminar Cessna 172 G1000 can load and fly the XP11 format flight plans exported from P2A. 

It might be the specific plan you are using.  You can post the fms file text here or send me the flight plan via email admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll take a look.

Dave

Never mind.  Problem solved.

Edited by waynesh
Problem solved

Hi Dave, 

I'm just updating all my applications to Airac 1804 from Navigraph. They all seem to go into the correct places without me pointing the installer, but the Pilot2ATC one needs a Registry key to point it correctly in order to run automatically and it doesn't find it.

I found the AIRAC data in the main Pilot2ATC folder, in Data, so I pointed it there. Of course, it created a Data folder within, so I then had to merge it back -- it is okay now.

But do you know what the Registry key should be? I assume it would be some sort of "Install" key where the path can be found, but I need to get it right. Really the P2A installer should have created it, but I don't mind doing it manually as it only needs doing once.

Thank you,
Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete,

You can just change the directory in the Navigraph installer to whatever your base P2A installation folder is.....without the Data subfolder.

I don't believe you have to mess with the registry.

Dave

8 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You can just change the directory in the Navigraph installer to whatever your base P2A installation folder is.....without the Data subfolder.

Yes, of course. That's what I did.

But it's odd that the installer aimed specifically at Pilot2ATC, for which I assume you gave them details, complains that the registry key cannot be found. It's as if the Pilot2ATC installer has omitted to do something.  I thought it might be a bug or something I'd done wrong.

Of the 8 AIRAC installs I now do each month it is the only one which is not automatic.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen