elButz

RAAS Pro not working in P3D v4.2

Hi,

since updating to P3D v4.2 I can't use RAAS(64) any more. I did a full reinstall of the Sim and all Add-Ons I own including RAAS when 4.2 was released. I reinstalled the program and tried launching P3D with and without it installed, but it won't show up in the add-ons menu (menubar) or the add-ons window (menubar > options > add-ons...). Also I tried deleting the RAAS folder in the P3D root folder with the same result.

My P3D root folder and the folder that holds all my add-on installation files are excluded in scans and anti-virus, the anti-virus was disabled for all installation processes I tried.

I can't remember if there was a folder with a xml in the Documents > Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder that pointed to RAAS in 4.1 but in 4.2 there is no folder. In addition I ran all appropriate utilities in the P3D > RAASPRO > Res folder. The dll.xml in there holds following information:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon> <Name>RAASPRO</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you positive you installed the 64 bit version?  I have a feeling you didn't.

Send me a Support Ticket via the contact page at: www.fs2crew.com

This is why i dont want to buy this product. I have heard too many complaints that is does not work in p3d V4.2

3 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

This is why i dont want to buy this product. I have heard too many complaints that is does not work in p3d V4.2

RAAS does work in P3D V4.2.  I'm using 4.2 myself.

Sometimes people have installation problems for whatever reason.  Sometimes they just have bad installs of P3D.

That's why we have a support forum, so we can help people if they have an issue.

23 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

I took A LEAP OF FAITH AND BOUGHT IT.  So far so good.

Glad it's going well.

Thing to remember is that there are 1000s and 1000s of RAAS's and FS2Crew's in circulation.

Just because you read a few forum posts doesn't mean everyone is having problems, as you just found out.

99.9 percent of our users have no issues (the silent majority) and you never hear from them.

• Like 1