Sign in to follow this  
Robert3512

Frame rate drop in P3D v4?

So this is a preemptive question for folks using the DC-6 in P3D v4.2, have anyone experienced a massive frame rate drop in P3D compared to FSX? I used to have the DC-6 on FSX, and my frames would just tank to 5 or less fps, while with the other PMDG products it stayed at 20 to 30 fps. So before I sink in $70 for the P3D version, does anyone have any pressing issues with the DC-6 that would be a deal-breaker? 

My specs: Intel i7800, GTX 1070, 16GB of DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz, P3D v4.2.

Edited by Robert3512

Although I haven't used or even have had installed FSX in a couple of years, there are no outstanding issues with performance that I am aware of or have seen posted here.  The DC6 is a lot of fun, whereas I can walk away from a session with a Boeing on autopilot the DC6 is a hands on pilots machine.  I just flew a short hop from home KCRP up to Dallas Redbird KRBD, a trip of about 1.5 hrs and I was was piloting the entire session from blocks to blocks.  I love her.

Dan Downs KCRP

21 hours ago, Robert3512 said:

So this is a preemptive question for folks using the DC-6 in P3D v4.2, have anyone experienced a massive frame rate drop in P3D compared to FSX? I used to have the DC-6 on FSX, and my frames would just tank to 5 or less fps, while with the other PMDG products it stayed at 20 to 30 fps. So before I sink in $70 for the P3D version, does anyone have any pressing issues with the DC-6 that would be a deal-breaker? 

My specs: Intel i7800, GTX 1070, 16GB of DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz, P3D v4.2.

I haven't used FSX for a long time also, but what I can tell you is that the DC6 is very light on frames/resources when compared to most of the popular add-on aircraft around there. Even in heavy sceneries (eg. Drzewiecki Washington or Miami) it runs very well.