Sign in to follow this  
Quijote

Installer error - then Black Screen

I just purchased the Gtn750 and installed it. The Garmin Trainer works fine, but the 750 shows a black screen. I installed it into an AFM Mooney Ovation II that was already set up for the 750.

When I was installing, I got an error message "could not move file rxpGtnSim32.dll. I tried various times and thinking it might have had a problem with my antivirus program, I turned that off and tried again. The file error still happened. I typed Ignore and went on with the installation, but of course I get a black screen. Could you send me that file and I'll drop it into it's place?

Thanks...

1 hour ago, Quijote said:

When I was installing, I got an error message "could not move file rxpGtnSim32.dll

Hi,

Such error means something on your system prevents the installer doing its job. This most likely is an anti-virus problem (be it A/V or Windows Defender for example), or you user account doesn't have access rights to the "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP" folder.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The first time my antivirus was turned on (NOD32), but then I turned it off and installed again (with the same error message) . However, when I looked in the folder, rxpGtnSim64.dll was present. Since I have a 64 bit system, the lack of the 32 shouldn't be fatal, no?

Both are required. Since you have rxpGtnSim64.dll and the rxpGtnSim32.dll is missing, this means:

1) you have access rights to the folder ok.

2) another A/V than NOD32 (if disabled) has quarantined it

3) NOD32 has quarantined it even though it is 'turned off'.

I'd suggest you add the "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP" in the scan 'excluded' list in general, or "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll" in the scan 'excluded file' in particular.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks, I will do those exclusions. I finally got it working - turning off the AV and several tries and suddenly the install completed. The screens work.