Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

747 pmdg p3dv wont download [Solved - Router Issue]

Today I purchased the 747 for p3d. I paid and got a link. The download refuses to work. I never get more than 10% of the download file. I own lots of pmdg stuff. Never had a problem downloading and installing

My internet has speeds up to 250 super fast. but it won't download. Ive tried different browsers and tried about 40 different things ( including browsers ) before giving up .Download runs and stops at 5%. I have disabled firewall etc etc

P3d v4 x64 w10

Help, please 

Has anyone seen this before.

Peter

8 minutes ago, pk said:

Today I purchased the 747 for p3d. I paid and got a link. The download refuses to work. I never get more than 10% of the download file. I own lots of pmdg stuff. Never had a problem downloading and installing

Usually a good indication that it isn't us.

Have you tried a different browser, or perhaps a download manager?

Kyle Rodgers

Hey PK, I had the same problems and figured out my Ransomware protection was blocking the install.

Diehl

Edited by Diehl

Thank you guys but it makes no sense. Firstly i have not downloaded anything from pmdg for a long time. 

I tried 3 different browsers on two different computers . No Luck!!! Dont think it is any antivirus.

It just gets stuck

I even tried to turing off defender, and my firewall

I would buy the argument that it was me if i had not tried so many different scenarios

Thoughts and other ideas.

I won about 7 pmdg products, nver a problem.

I spent allot on money today on this , it would be nice to get the product

Any other ideas?

Peter

FYI i tried this on a laptop and it did not download. it keeps saying "waiting from a response from pmdg servers" . We regualaly download files of 1gb and larger so something may be wrong on the server end.

I've just tried downloading the 747 from my account. No issues. So it's working as it should from here...

Do you have any entries in your 'hosts' file?
Also, try a download manager, like Internet Download Manager... 

It sounds like something in your computer is blocking access and communication to the PMDG servers... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Have you tried whether you can download other things? Other addons from other developers? I had this once that my router was broken and became so hot during download that it just stopped. If you use WLAN, could you try ethernet?

8 hours ago, pk said:

Thank you guys but it makes no sense. Firstly i have not downloaded anything from pmdg for a long time. 

I tried 3 different browsers on two different computers . No Luck!!! Dont think it is any antivirus.

It just gets stuck

I even tried to turing off defender, and my firewall

I would buy the argument that it was me if i had not tried so many different scenarios

Thoughts and other ideas.

I won about 7 pmdg products, nver a problem.

I spent allot on money today on this , it would be nice to get the product

Any other ideas?

Peter

Peter,

I get that this is frustrating. I completely understand.

All the same, even if you'd paid us $1000 for a single product, there's literally nothing that we can do to fix issues either on your computer, or with your service provider. The servers we use for distribution are in the Amazon Cloud. If you can't hit one server, you'd simply hit another one in their stack. The fact that the download starts means you can get there. The fact that it stops means that something is stopping it (Defender will not do this, and your firewall has nothing to do with it if you can hit the server - it would've stopped you before you even got there).

Again, if it wasn't a problem with us on the past 7 products, to blame us on this one isn't entirely fair.

So again - yes - I understand that this is frustrating, and that you paid for it...but what you paid for isn't the cause of your problems. Have you tried bringing that laptop to your local coffee shop and trying to download there? You don't need to let the full download run, but it's a good way to compare your home connection to another one. Something is definitely up with your home connection if your download starts and then stops like that. You may want to call your service provider, as well.

Kyle Rodgers

15 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Peter,

I get that this is frustrating. I completely understand.

All the same, even if you'd paid us $1000 for a single product, there's literally nothing that we can do to fix issues either on your computer, or with your service provider. The servers we use for distribution are in the Amazon Cloud. If you can't hit one server, you'd simply hit another one in their stack. The fact that the download starts means you can get there. The fact that it stops means that something is stopping it (Defender will not do this, and your firewall has nothing to do with it if you can hit the server - it would've stopped you before you even got there).

Again, if it wasn't a problem with us on the past 7 products, to blame us on this one isn't entirely fair.

So again - yes - I understand that this is frustrating, and that you paid for it...but what you paid for isn't the cause of your problems. Have you tried bringing that laptop to your local coffee shop and trying to download there? You don't need to let the full download run, but it's a good way to compare your home connection to another one. Something is definitely up with your home connection if your download starts and then stops like that. You may want to call your service provider, as well.

Good Morning

Look firstly I like PMDG products , no issue ! . Im not some troll wanting to create a big deal about this. Im just having problems. I can tell you i tried to get the file from a different location  on a lap top. ( I can also give it a shot from my office today ) I may actually now  have the file  it but i have to let you know that it kept stopping during the download.  ( like ever 50 mbs it would stop and it said  it was searching for the server ). Very strange . So that was yesterday's issue. Hopefully the file is in all in one piece and it will unzip which i will try later when im home. 

There is really no need for any negative conversation. Just looking for advice and if you are absolutely sure it is not at your server end then i can accept that. If on the other hand i was able to point out that i was having issues then perhaps others were as well. In that case you may wish to have that info so that you could investigate the issue or perhaps provide a solution. I take it you are confident that all is good at your end. Im happy with that answer. 

Thank you for the follow up and I will report back it i still do not have the file so that perhaps someone can assist me

Only trying to be constructive and hoping to enjoy the sim with PMDG products

Best regard .   Peter

Had  no  issues  downloading ,  so  some  thing  is  blocking  at  your  end

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, pk said:

There is really no need for any negative conversation. Just looking for advice and if you are absolutely sure it is not at your server end then i can accept that. If on the other hand i was able to point out that i was having issues then perhaps others were as well. In that case you may wish to have that info so that you could investigate the issue or perhaps provide a solution. I take it you are confident that all is good at your end. Im happy with that answer. 

Wasn't trying to take it there, but I objected to the implication that, since you paid X amount, we as PMDG should be able get the product there without issues. I didn't start that conversation. I simply responded to it.

2 hours ago, pk said:

Thank you for the follow up and I will report back it i still do not have the file so that perhaps someone can assist me

If it isn't a browser issue, then you may want to try something like Free Download Manager.

Kyle Rodgers

just to add,  to see if  its not  your  pc that  the  issue, is  to go  to a mates  place and  see  if  it  will  download  from his  pc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got the file . all good. it finally worked at home  ( took some work but i got it ) and then also was able to get it another location.( with no effort at all ) 

No idea actually what that was all about BUT......

747 loaded and fueled!

Thank you all for your replies 

Peter

As a courtesy to the group, I thought I would report back after a week of chasing this issue of download problems

After actually getting the 747  file I continued to have troubles with getting large files at home

I finally gave up and  changed my router and cable modem 

The cable company was using a hitron coda   4582 modem, evidently the newest and a fancy white box that allowed speeds up to 1gb down

After a week I asked them to give me a different modem ( CGN rocket modem ) it is capable of 250 mb download which is about all I pay for so the other was overkill

I installed it a "voila" I was able to get all PMDG files without incident. The first hitron modem was giving me sync and ping errors on various servers.

So there you have it. It works and hopefully, this might help someone else.

Pete

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pkofman said:

The first hitron modem was giving me sync and ping errors on various servers.

So there you have it. It works and hopefully, this might help someone else.

Speeds up to 1Gb/s from cable sounds like the bleeding edge.  Glad you were able to isolate the problem and you may have helped others yet to come by posting your results.

I have found that the nominal price for the Internet Download Manger (IDM) has been well worth it.  It downloads faster than any browser and integrates very well with them (I use Firefox).  It has download restart capability so if there is a glitch you can start from where you stopped. 

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP