Sign in to follow this  
N2382R

TOPCAT 739 Perf

I searched and searched and searched...nada. Does anyone have a TOPCAT profile for the 739?

2 hours ago, N2382R said:

I searched and searched and searched...nada. Does anyone have a TOPCAT profile for the 739?

Real names in the forum please first and last as per regulations.

At aerosoft forum download section there are profiles from all the NG from FlyPrecisely user.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

chris

as I best I search / read, your link is for PFPX performance files ...... not TOPCAT.

for now, cheers

john martin

18 minutes ago, vadriver said:

chris

as I best I search / read, your link is for PFPX performance files ...... not TOPCAT.

My mistake. Somehow I read PFPX, let's blame the lack of morning coffee :)

As far as I know there is no such profile available, an Topcat if I remember correctly according to his developer is not going to be supported any more.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, vadriver said:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/391764-topcat-configuration-for-pmdg-738ngx/

an oldy but very accurate .... can't find a link to the download though.

Yeah I saw that, but would love the link or the zip if anyone has it. I'm just not sure how to adapt the text in the thread to the 739.

Rgds,

Alexander Gornakov

Edited by N2382R

I use TOPER when TOPCAT fails,  it is not as comprehensive a tool as TOPCAT in that it does not include engine out obstacle constraints but at least it gives me a derate for my 736, 739 and 77W.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I use TOPER when TOPCAT fails,  it is not as comprehensive a tool as TOPCAT in that it does not include engine out obstacle constraints but at least it gives me a derate for my 736, 739 and 77W.

TOPER is something I looked at but that doesn't provide runway margin #s. I'm less concerned with the Derate. My primary objective is to have relatively reliable t/o and ldg distance/margin outputs.

I use TOPER quite extensively for the B77W and more seldom for the 739 since there is no Topcat profile for either one but I can say on the 77W that though I did a couple of rejected takoff close to V1 I never got our of the runway with the derate and assumed temp computed.
I guess even though the rwy margin is not indicated, you are safe anyway. Same goes of course for normal takeoff where i never overrun the runway.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

@Budbud I hear ya loud and clear. However, as a rw pilot I just love having those numbers in a simulated environment especially since it's a requirement in most t/o and ldg briefings. I was just hopeful that TOPCAT would be usable with the 739 as well since it has the 738 profile. Still hopeful that someone has the zip file from years back that had the custom created profiles.

Rgds,

Alexander Gornakov

Edited by N2382R

48 minutes ago, N2382R said:

@Budbud I hear ya loud and clear. However, as a rw pilot I just love having those numbers in a simulated environment especially since it's a requirement in most t/o and ldg briefings. I was just hopeful that TOPCAT would be usable with the 739 as well since it has the 738 profile. Still hopeful that someone has the zip file from years back that had the custom created profiles.

So, what is the alternative? Such data has been in demand for quite awhile and nothing has surfaced.

Dan Downs KCRP

None it seems beyond just the FCOM.

Rgds,

Alexander Gornakov

Edited by N2382R

So far QSimPlan seems great. Have yet to fully verify the outputs.

11 hours ago, N2382R said:

So far QSimPlan seems great. Have yet to fully verify the outputs.

I looked at their brief description and it reads as if one must buy the Airbus version to use Navigraph navdata, or one must buy Aerosoft navdata to use the Boeing version.  I'm pure Boeing and have current subscription with Navigraph so it doesn't look like this is something I can use.

Dan Downs KCRP