Sign in to follow this  
N2382R

TOPCAT 739 Perf

I'm concerned about this as well. And I also have a Navigraph subscription. But in the manual it says this...

Location of either Aerosoft's NavDataPro or Navigraph's FMS Data (both are payware). Use the version of Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321.

So can't we just download that version of the navdata and put it in the correct location?

Dave Paige

11 minutes ago, dave_paige said:

I'm concerned about this as well. And I also have a Navigraph subscription. But in the manual it says this...

Location of either Aerosoft's NavDataPro or Navigraph's FMS Data (both are payware). Use the version of Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321.

So can't we just download that version of the navdata and put it in the correct location?

Exactly right. You just manually download the Nav Data. I just installed to my desktop. You then copy the Nav Data and overwrite what's in the QSimPlanner folder. Easy peasy.

Edited by N2382R

Just wanted to follow up one last time and report that the numbers from the app are very close to actual. I'm a really happy camper. Hope others who were seeking similar function from software see this thread and find it useful!

57 minutes ago, N2382R said:

Just wanted to follow up one last time and report that the numbers from the app are very close to actual. I'm a really happy camper. Hope others who were seeking similar function from software see this thread and find it useful!

I'm a little slow, am I correct:  Download QSimPlanner for Boeing and then download navdata from Navigraph and overwrite the QSimPlanner navdata to update the navigation data?

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

I'm a little slow, am I correct:  Download QSimPlanner for Boeing and then download navdata from Navigraph and overwrite the QSimPlanner navdata to update the navigation data?

Correct. The QSimPlanner will soon also cover the A320 so it's not just Boeing Specific. That said, it's designed to use the Navigraph data for the Aerosoft Airbus 318/19/20/21 family. Manually download and install to your desktop the data from the link posted earlier and replace the QSimPlanner Nav Data with the one you downloaded.

Also, just a quick quirk I noticed. When entering the flight plan data (if you use QSimPlanner for fuel planning) the SID format is just a tad different. It's SID.(exit) followed by the exit way point. For example, out of PHX, the SID I last flew would be FLTHS5.MAXXO MAXXO and then the rest of the routing. Same with arrivals.

On 31-3-2018 at 6:24 PM, N2382R said:

Hi,

Is this a stand alone prog or will it integrate somehow with P3D (or FSX or ...)?
I ask because of this announcement on their website:

>Fix a bug that crashes the program when the detected FSX/P3D paths contain illegal characters.

3 hours ago, Headley said:

Hi,

Is this a stand alone prog or will it integrate somehow with P3D (or FSX or ...)?
I ask because of this announcement on their website:

>Fix a bug that crashes the program when the detected FSX/P3D paths contain illegal characters.

It's standalone. It pulls data from the sim, but it operates independently.