Sign in to follow this  
737_800

P3D has stopped working

Hi, 

I just purchased P3D v4, with the hope of having no issues more like that, but it's still core FSX. 

What ever I tried to do the tutorial flight of FSL A320, but after ca. 10 minutes P3D says: "p3d.exe has stopped working". I installed FSUIPC (not registered), GSX, Flytampa Vienna, FSDT LSZH.

System:

WIN 10 (all updates installed, drivers too, via device manager)

i5 3570k @4.2, Nvidea 560 ti, ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 8 GB DDR-RAM

I also get bluescreens with the error message: clock watchdog timeout. When I had Win7, I got bluescreens either the last weeks when just browsing the web with firefox. However, when I overclocked my system a couple of years ago, I had not really problems with bluescreens...

This frustrating, what can I do? I just looked up to the event viewer, and hui, a lot of error showed up to my freshly, newly installed WIN10. 

1. WHEA-LOGGER ID 19 (Hardware error, but which, how, why....)
  2. "Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Prepar3D exe because of this error." => But I excluded the Preapre3d.exe in the Windows Defender? Shouldn't be a problem?!
  3. EVENT ID 1000
  4. EVENT 1026, .NET Runtime ("The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.") => I think I have the lastest version installed, a least windows told me so, when i tried to install the lastest version)
  5. WHEA-Logger ID 19 ("

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
    Error Type: Internal parity error
    Processor APIC ID: 0"

6. EVENT 1000 (Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
    Faulting module name: g2d.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c83fb)

7. EVENT 1008 ("The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.")

8. EVENT 8308: ("Scoping unsuccessful for shadowcopy \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4 with error 0x80070057.")

9. EVENT 10016: ("The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
    {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39}
     and APPID 
    {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39}
     to the user DESKTOP-3OR5LGP\Admin SID (S-1-5-21-3565519777-939073578-963641049-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.")

THIS IS NOT NORMAL, might my Windows 10 installation be corrupt? I am new at WIN10, maybe I did something wrong. After installation I immediately installed all windows updates. I fear that my overlocking might cause the problem in win 10, what makes me wonder because it worked in win7. Really don't want to set it further back because my fraps will decrease dramatically. 

Hope you can me help out, don't want to waste to much time into configuration and just enjoy flying and learning airbus systems. So any tips are appreciated to get my system running. 

Edited by 737_800

3 hours ago, 737_800 said:

WHEA-LOGGER ID 19

This error indicates you may have a problem with your CPU.  This could be a very serious issue.  You may wish to check to see if the BIOS is up-to-date - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V/HelpDesk_BIOS/.  Your manual will show you how to identify your BIOS and how to update it (if you do not have the manual, it may be at the link I provided).

You have your CPU overclocked to 4.2GHz (from 3.4GHz).  That is most likely the problem.  Go into the BIOS and exit (F10) and select Optimal Defaults.  This will overclock the CPU to 3.8GHz and it will be more stable.  With your system, you cannot max out your sliders but keep them around the default values.  Try not to exceed the default more than one notch to the right.

Your other errors are common Events.  You got one error 1000 which indicates P3DV4 crashed because of the G2D.dll.  That indicates high settings or bad overclock.

4 hours ago, 737_800 said:

EVENT 1026, .NET Runtime ("The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.") => I think I have the lastest version installed, a least windows told me so, when i tried to install the lastest version)

The latest version is not the fix for .net applications.  Application add-ons like FS Labs A320 may use another dotnet.  In any case, dotnets are not backward compatible.  They are trying to do that but as you are aware, P3D is based off of FSX and FSX was developed over 12 years ago.  Most of the applications and application add-ons will install the appropriate dotnet required.  Dotnets are used by developer's to make sure their application runs as intended.

I probably have more Event errors than you do but I leave them alone as they do not cause crashes and Microsoft usually recommends to leave them alone as they will do no harm (other than throw the Event every time you turn on your computer).  But Microsoft doesn't care whether you have 10,000 events that are the same or else they would come up with fixes and Windows 10 is pretty old now with a lot of updates and none have been fixed yet.  EVENT 10016 is on about every computer and there is a fix on the Internet for it but I followed the instructions on fixing it and the error still appears.

The AVSIM CTD Guide has more suggestions for fixing crashes and repairing Windows 10 and other suggestions to make life a bit easier for you.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim, 

sorry for my late reply, haven't had time for any avsim or flightsimming. Nevertheless, I've updated  the BIOS and reset my OC setting, and it works fine and have good frame rates with FSL A320 and Flytampa Vienna. May be I will try overclocking the future again. Since I have no time for P3D I will give it back and perhaps when P3D v5 appears my situation will change. 

Thanks mate, and cheers!

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

May be I will try overclocking the future again.

Overclocking can be challenging but has a lot of rewards when you figure it all out.  I expect a V5 sometime this Sep as versions usually run its course every two years.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10