Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

News on Avsim

I just noticed the last news article was from March 23rd. A week ago. Why is it other flight sim websites have much more and frequent news about software, upcoming releases, new releases, etc... If news isn't important why not just make this a place for forums? Reviews could be inside forum posts. I seriously doubt that anyone relies on this site for news as there really is not much of it. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

AVSIM has an avenue for members to report news stories.  Just click on Contact Us and then Submit News.  Fill out the form and, if approved, it will be reported on the front page.  Reporting new products and updates use to be reported as news stories on the front page but, for some reason, members stopped reporting them and posting the information in the forums.  I believe it is AVSIM's official policy and the desire of the late owner, Tom, to place news about updates and new products on the front page but I made a statement once in one or two of the forums that reports about new products or updates was allowed in the forums and think I violated the policy to place it on the front page.  So, think AVSIM will again enforce that policy and remove any topics about updates or new products and advise the poster to submit the news as above. 

Members can also apply via the Contact Us form to volunteer to be an AVSIM Reporter. 

Thanks Eric for letting your concerns be known and suggestion.

Best regards,

Jim

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There is a reason ,  Tom established our policy, editors were not permitted to copy paste other websites content and limited what the Editors were permitted to post to what was submitted through the Editors email address or what was in our own forum.

Our Membership is invited to send items of interest to editors@avsim.com as are developers and producers of aviation and simulation related products and services.

C Jodry

Managing Editor AVSIM.com

I thought the Submit News under Contact Us was the proper place to report news?  We have a disconnect...

EDIT:  Learned submitting the news story under Contact Us>Submit News does go to editors@avsim.com... duh

Edited by Jim Young

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't know what was changed on the back end but the uptick in news articles on the front page is noticeable and appreciated. Well done keep up the good work! 

• Like 1

Eric 

Thanks to you for bringing this to our attention!  We have made some changes, hopefully for the good.  Rob Ainscough did some kicking in the rear end too based on your post and there have been a lot of discussions between the staff the past few days.  It's completely out of my area so I learn a lot.  Now, if we can find some news....

Submit News to AVSIM

On 3/30/2018 at 7:25 AM, Chuck_Jodry-VJPL said:

There is a reason ,  Tom established our policy, editors were not permitted to copy paste other websites content and limited what the Editors were permitted to post to what was submitted through the Editors email address or what was in our own forum.

Our Membership is invited to send items of interest to editors@avsim.com as are developers and producers of aviation and simulation related products and services.

C Jodry

Managing Editor AVSIM.com

Wow, I remember that policy back when I did news posts as a young lad in college 17 years ago!