Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

How to change your Callsign?

I understand P2A somehow gets your Callsign from the flt scenario, does it not?

Is there a way to change your Callsign to the one my VA assigns me?

Thanks.

You set your call sign in the first tab of the Config window. 

You need to follow the instructions in the User's Guide carefully because a bad call sign can render the speech recognition unusable.

Dave

20 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You set your call sign in the first tab of the Config window.

Whilst this doesn't take long, it seems odd to airliner fliers where the callsign is the airline (eg "Speedbird") which doesn't change so often and is okay in Config, with the Flight number, which depends more on the route. So it is different on each separate flight.

Therefore it is more associated with the plan than P2A configuration, surely? 

I do see the Callsign on the main screen, lower centre, beneath the map area. What is wrong with setting it there? I thought the config one was just the default so that could be filled in for you.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson
  • Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

There are many "rules" associated with setting the call signs for different types of flights.  GA, Airline, Military are all different.  

When the Call Sign area on the main page was allowed to be used for changes to the call sign, there were many cases of improper call signs being entered and causing the program to not work correctly.  So it was moved to only allowing changes in Config. where a bit more "guidance" in constructing the call sign can be given.

Allowing flight number changes somewhere on the main page might be feasible in a future release.  I'll add it to the list of possible future enhancements.

Thanks,

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Allowing flight number changes somewhere on the main page might be feasible in a future release.  I'll add it to the list of possible future enhancements.

Thank you Dave. However, as you said:

There are many "rules" associated with setting the call signs for different types of flights.  GA, Airline, Military are all different.

There's a selection in Config for those three. Couldn't the callsign change on the main page only operate if you select Airline there?

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Yes, that would likely be part of the logic.  The reason for displaying the Call Sign on the main page is as a reminder so as I'm making calls during a flight, if I have a senior moment, I can glance down and see it.

Allowing changes will require a redesign of that portion of the UI and additional logic to ensure any changes are limited to the "rules". 

Dave