Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

IRS messages with FS2Crew

I am using FS2Crew with the QOTSII. 

Despite having all the latest updates for both, I repeatedly get the dreaded "Split IRS/No land 3" messages.

It seems to have no effect on the plane as it still auto lands perfectly with 3 A/P lights lit.

FS2Crew don't have an answer and have asked if PMDG can indicate what could give rise to this error.

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I am using FS2Crew with the QOTSII. 

Despite having all the latest updates for both, I repeatedly get the dreaded "Split IRS/No land 3" messages.

It seems to have no effect on the plane as it still auto lands perfectly with 3 A/P lights lit.

FS2Crew don't have an answer and have asked if PMDG can indicate what could give rise to this error.

Ian Harrison

Ian,

If you fly the plane without Fs2Crew does it still happen?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Will try and see what happens.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

6 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

For what it's worth, yes, it will still "work." It's not autolanding, though. It's simply flying the airplane into the ground. You can do the same thing in the default Cessna. That isn't an autoland. That's misusing the APP function.

6 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Willing to bet that you're using a particular FS2Crew flow/SOP/etc that asks you to do certain things that you are not doing.

That or your panel state is out of sorts.

Kyle Rodgers

I have noticed this myself today flying from EGLL to KDEN.  It seemed to occur as fs2crew switched from apu to gen, the center screen and right cdu switched off, i got an error saying "Rudder ratio" and the No Land 3 message.  I didn't chance the autoland and everything was fine.  I don't get this when i am doing everything myself...

Edited by WotanUK

Ian R Tyldesley

31 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I don't get this when i am doing everything myself...

Again - look at their SOP and check for an action you think they're doing for you, but likely aren't. Something's out of position that you're overlooking because I think you're assuming they're taking care of it.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Good suggestion! That does seem the most likely. Will try to monitor everything happening next week after Easter is past.

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Again - look at their SOP and check for an action you think they're doing for you, but likely aren't. Something's out of position that you're overlooking because I think you're assuming they're taking care of it.

Not sure you are correct...  I actually think it's because the FS2Crew application tries to transfer the load from the APU to the GEN before engines 1&2 are fully ready.  Either way, i am sure it's not a fault with the Aircraft.

Ian R Tyldesley

I had this once because FS2Crew cut the ground power before the APU generator was available... make sure to start the APU at least 5min before the FS2Crew departure and activate at least one APU generator, handling between APU generators and engine generators should work fine if you follow the SOP specific manual.

Regards,

Johannes Butz

CPU: Intel i5 7600k @4.6Ghz Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @3.2Ghz Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Sound: M-Audio Super DAC II fixed @16bit 44.1Khz

OK I think I have found it. After watching what happens, it is the APU being shut off while engines 1 and 2 are still starting. When the APU is turned on manually and left on, there is no problem. It seems as if the IRS's take their power from different sources.

I will put this on FS2Crew forum.